Sign in to follow this  
whiskeytango

Crash to desktop

Anyone else getting a crash to desktop in Single player? I've tried to do the first training mission twice now and both times it's just crashed to desktop at different parts.

Anyone else getting a crash to desktop in Single player? I've tried to do the first training mission twice now and both times it's just crashed to desktop at different parts.

Yep and in the mission after that as well :(

All the time. Does the game crash completely, or do you still have sounds running as if the game was still running? If so, press shift and numpad - at the same time, release, then type "flush". Works for me, but it's still annoying. What graphics card do you have?

Crash at startup during single player, and while looking at the MP options.

Yup, seems to CTD at completely random places.

Try to set your VideoMemory to "Default" or the option that IF autodetects. Changing the VideoMemory option could lead to random CTD's.

Right, setting it to Very High instead of Default seem to have helped..

Now to think of it I think I had the same exact issue with the same fix with OA back in the day.. Dumbass me.. FPDR

EDIT:

Spoke too soon I guess, although now the CTD took quite a long time to happen so not sure if it was related to this video memory thing at all.

I guess we need to wait for a place to post crash dumps to..

Edited by h -

Just wanted to add that I'm getting them as well, here and there, mostly randomly and not associated with any like event or mission. Odd to say the least.

I'm experimenting with different mallocs. It would be odd since I use the TBB4 just fine in Arma 2 OA beta...

Same here. It kept happening after boot camp drills until finally I couldn't take my Seargent's berating me anymore (after many restarts) on the range so was forced to ENDMISSION. Mission 2 seemed promising but it now ctd's everytime after I disembark by the windmill....:(

I've changed video from Very High to Default with little luck. I see a lot of potential and really very good atmosphere and ain't sorry I bought the game - just wish I could play for more then 10 minutes at a time :p

I was getting dumped by the windmill as well. Then I downloaded, removed, and installed most current video drivers (I was 1 revision behind). Then I rebooted, re-launched and Set Video Memory to highest and I was good for the rest of the evening.

Hey that seems to have worked! So far so good at the windmill and the bad LOD trees seem to be much better.

Edit: Just CTD'ed again at windmill -happens less but there nevertheless :(

Edited by froggyluv

I've added the command line to use TBB3 instead of the default TBB4. It's not crashed since then. I've tried default vid mem and highest. I don't think its the video card causing the issue but the memory throwing some errors.

edit: Arma 2 works fine with TBB4 though....

I've added the command line to use TBB3 instead of the default TBB4. It's not crashed since then. I've tried default vid mem and highest. I don't think its the video card causing the issue but the memory throwing some errors.

I apologise if I'm being thick here (and I am an Arma vet) but what is TBB3 or TBB4? And what's the command line?

This Game has shown to be lacking with the the crashing and unplayable mulitplayer, I hope this upcoming week they will be able to release a patch for this problem.

Bought IronFront the day before yesterday. Downloaded and installed the first patch (no other mods). Everything went fine all the time. Startet a lot from the editor since the main/only thing so far I've been doing is editing own maps. Suddenly the map refuses to start (crash to desktop during loading phase or after one second being ingame). Haven't made the faintest change in drivers or whatever. Don't know what's going on. New fresh maps from the editor with only a player unit placed into it seems to start. But not the map that I've just recently was able to play crashes. "Some minutes ago" it worked fine, suddenly it refuses, without a faintest change (ok, a little change: REDUCED the number of infantry units placed on the map).

Bought IronFront the day before yesterday. Downloaded and installed the first patch (no other mods). Everything went fine all the time. Startet a lot from the editor since the main/only thing so far I've been doing is editing own maps. Suddenly the map refuses to start (crash to desktop during loading phase or after one second being ingame). Haven't made the faintest change in drivers or whatever. Don't know what's going on. New fresh maps from the editor with only a player unit placed into it seems to start. But not the map that I've just recently was able to play crashes. "Some minutes ago" it worked fine, suddenly it refuses, without a faintest change (ok, a little change: REDUCED the number of infantry units placed on the map).

Sounds like something got screwed in the mission.sqm - open it in a text editor and see if there is anything odd.

So far so good with the TBB3 as well as setting Video Card Memory back to Very High (680 2gb).

Yeah I may have to try tbb3 as well.. I'm still crashing even after the patch:

BEFORE:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ironfront.exe

Application Version: 1.60.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4fb0bd50

Fault Module Name: tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f97e090

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000035a0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

AFTER:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ironfront.exe

Application Version: 1.61.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4fba2edd

Fault Module Name: tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f97e090

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000035a0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

because it crashes to the desktop? I can no longer to come into play. I have to use taskmanager to quit the program. why?:butbut:

in germany mission 4th..after 20 min i seen comment "resourse splashbohima not found" after that monitor waving and i cant see very welll...but not ctd...be kind someone make me a comment to help..

b.r.

My game seems to run smooth ... but when I click on the controls I have a CTD...

Another thing I found strange is that after installing the game is created a drive in my PC :confused:

in germany mission 4th..after 20 min i seen comment "resourse splashbohima not found" after that monitor waving and i cant see very welll...but not ctd...be kind someone make me a comment to help..

b.r.

Sounds to me like you've got a case of FADE kicking in! You should really talk to support about that, since the only times I've heard of this problem it's someone pirating the games.

Edited by Mindwalker
Quoted the wrong guy!