Sign in to follow this  
rss334

Where will mods and missions be hosted?

User created content, will it be hosted here on the BIS site or somewhere else?

No one knows just yet as no one can even make mods or addons yet. I would hope that Armaholic would be kind enough to host them.

AFAIK the official IF policy in these regards shall be posted sometime after the release. It's not been a day since, so let's just wait and see what the guys decide ;)

Man I could use a good sound and AI mod right about now too. ;)

I suggest the modsaholic.com platform for this game ;) I bet it will be a good haven for those that want to mod this game ....

No one knows just yet as no one can even make mods or addons yet

I don't think it will be that hard to get this sorted out for the hard core modders around here, after all it is the engine of arma2oa so i do not think it will tremendously vary from modding A2OA content. The only issue that there might be is the license, in to what we can and what we can't mod on this game ...

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

You just never know what the future brings ........................ :shine:

If they restrict modders, then I don't see Iron Front lasting very long... I mean, ArmA 2 only survives due to the high amount of modding functionality (find one server that doesn't use some form of mod, even if it as simple a server-sided mod that provides additional functionality).

How about setting up Users Missions-forum in under Iron Front forum? I mean the game is out already and people are making missions & want to share them.

@Gishank

I did not say restricting anything on modding their content but the IF crew has a business agreement with Bohemia interactive in order to use the Arma2OA engine for their game platform, so I see it suitable that they will be bound to have rules about not using OA content on the IF game and vica verca and it is not more then normal that this will be applied towards the community in the same way.

kind regards