Sign in to follow this  
X1Steffen

Iron Front dedicated server statement

Welcome to Iron Front dear server administrators and multiplayer fans!

First the bad news: Unfortunately we have found a major problem with the dedicated server for the release version of Iron Front in the final test. We are truely very sorry about this!

Luckily there is good news as well: It is possible can use the ironfront.exe from the digitial version to run a dedicated server instance by using the -server parameter on the ironfront.exe for now.

Like BI store, GamersGate should work. Steam may work too.

Thanks to the rapid support by Bohemia Interactive we are also in in the process of testing a new dedicated server version that may be released at the start of the coming week along with a new client hotfix patch to have both work together smoothly.

Finally in terms of the situation of the Linux server: It may still take some time to get it out. We ask you for your understanding.

No offence but surely this should be something you fix now not next week? Servers are basically unplayable.

No offence either but in Germany there is weekend now and Monday a public holiday.

Might be that dedicated server files are important, but not that important that people work on weekends and public holidays. ;)

dedicated servers are crucial, not important, the game is unplayable like this, every single server is frozen due to crappy hosts + some major bug that causes servers to freeze, i guess testing games before releasing them its just too much work, especially when you can get free testers by releasing open betas

should have used the "its weekend" card when i was charged for the game, would they let me pay it later ?

usually im very tolerant when it comes to BIS or any small studio but releasing a paid product like this is just pathetic

i'll stick around because i love ARMA and BIS but goodluck not losing most of the playerbase with this disaster

was expecting a bumpy release but this was worse than arma 2 launch, thats saying alot :butbut:

Edited by nocturna

dedicated servers are crucial, not important, the game is unplayable like this, every single server is frozen due to crappy hosts + some major bug that causes servers to freeze, i guess testing games before releasing them its just too much work, especially when you can get free testers by releasing open betas

should have used the "its weekend" card when i was charged for the game, would they let me pay it later ?

usually im very tolerant when it comes to BIS or any small studio but releasing a paid product like this is just pathetic

i'll stick around because i love ARMA and BIS but goodluck not losing most of the playerbase with this disaster

was expecting a bumpy release but this was worse than arma 2 launch, thats saying alot :butbut:

What this man said... I couldn't care less if its a weekend, its the Iron Front Launch Weekend as far as all of players who bought the game are concerned, releasing with such a problem just isn't acceptable.

im not a man but i forgive you! oh well, waiting for my new pc to arrive anyways, please fix this freaking mess, i seriously hope devs are not taking the weekend off, this isnt a free mod that you can treat as a hobby, people paid for a game they cant play, its your responsibility, hopefully asking you guys to do your job isnt asking too much, if you want the community to take you seriously you have to show dedication and passion for your game, that includes working during the weekend after releasing a broken mess.

Edited by nocturna

I don't usually flat out complain like this, but come on.

You should have dedicated servers working for release... This isn't call of duty here...

@nocturna - if the hosts are so crappy then why don't you spend some of the money you earn working every weekend to rent a server and host the game properly? It wasn't a free mod, that's correct, but neither does buying the game entitle anyone to dictate the contractual working hours of the people that made it.

Things will get sorted. The first few weeks of any online game are always a bit ropey - there's nothing like a live test after all.

Besides, I have had great fun this evening. My server is holding up quite well, except for a couple of missions, and has been full most of the evening.

@nocturna - if the hosts are so crappy then why don't you spend some of the money you earn working every weekend to rent a server and host the game properly? It wasn't a free mod, that's correct, but neither does buying the game entitle anyone to dictate the contractual working hours of the people that made it.

Things will get sorted. The first few weeks of any online game are always a bit ropey - there's nothing like a live test after all.

Besides, I have had great fun this evening. My server is holding up quite well, except for a couple of missions, and has been full most of the evening.

you must be new around here, its not about having a server, servers run like crap without dedicated files, especially with the bug that causes the server to freeze when a player disconnects

your server is holding up quite well ? must have 2 slots or be a miracle of nature cus every other server is lagged to death, congratulations!

Edited by nocturna

I think you guys totally missed out on this part:

Luckily there is good news as well: It is possible can use the ironfront.exe from the digitial version to run a dedicated server instance by using the -server parameter on the ironfront.exe for now.

Just let them rest, if anyone wants to run a dedicated server, they must install the game and use the -server command, but with the game .exe. Works the same way. You can still have dedicated servers.

I think you guys totally missed out on this part:

Just let them rest, if anyone wants to run a dedicated server, they must install the game and use the -server command, but with the game .exe. Works the same way. You can still have dedicated servers.

...seriously ? can you be any more clueless ? 100% of the servers that are up atm are using that method, go join one and see what happens.

why even bother posting when you dont even play the game ? because if you did you'd know its completely unplayable, unless you are the one hosting it.

Edited by nocturna

nocturna, I understand that you're upset somewhat but:

1) Please stop bashing other people

2) Stop bashing the developers for something that was never guaranteed to be included

please fix this freaking mess, i seriously hope devs are not taking the weekend off, this isnt a free mod that you can treat as a hobby, people paid for a game they cant play, its your responsibility, hopefully asking you guys to do your job isnt asking too much, if you want the community to take you seriously you have to show dedication and passion for your game, that includes working during the weekend after releasing a broken mess.

There is no broken mess, the game works even without dedicated server files - which were never guaranteed to be included. Neither in the manual, nor on the box or packaging. Just because you and others think they must be included means not that the game is 'broken'. If you have a written agreement in which the Developer/Publisher guarantees you that working dedicated server files are included on release date - then you could demand they are working the weekend - but you simply do not have this.

So I suggest you calm down and stop putting this game down with your exaggerations. Thanks.

I managed to get into a multiplayer game and play for an hour without problems.

nocturna, I understand that you're upset somewhat but:

1) Please stop bashing other people

2) Stop bashing the developers for something that was never guaranteed to be included

There is no broken mess, the game works even without dedicated server files - which were never guaranteed to be included. Neither in the manual, nor on the box or packaging. Just because you and others think they must be included means not that the game is 'broken'. If you have a written agreement in which the Developer/Publisher guarantees you that working dedicated server files are included on release date - then you could demand they are working the weekend - but you simply do not have this.

So I suggest you calm down and stop putting this game down with your exaggerations. Thanks.

im calm ;) except... it does NOT work, please go join a server and see the permanent red chain with people running without moving, how is that working exactly ?

if hosting a server for myself and play against bots is considered working then i'd like a refund.

I managed to get into a multiplayer game and play for an hour without problems.

really ? please tell me which server and how many players... must be some kind of miracle i wanna witness

im calm ;) except... it does NOT work, please go join a server and see the permanent red chain with people running without moving, how is that working exactly ?

if hosting a server for myself and play against bots is considered working then i'd like a refund.

I believe the red chain means that YOU are having issues.

I believe the red chain means that YOU are having issues.

yea, nevermind everyone saying the same and disconnect / connect spam

oh well, cant do much about fanboys, im out

Nocturna - My dedicated server Arma2Jedra was running 32 players earlier without a problem. Don't get me wrong, there are issues, but it is nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be.

i think i tried that server and it was just as broken, also had a friend in that server that had the same problem, it must be my pc or my internet, i've been playing arma 2 for 3 years but somehow iron front is special, that must be it! right now im in some server and i see 2 enemy players standing in the same place for 10 minutes, shooting them nothing happens, thats considered "working" ? lol.

i see 13 servers and all are either empty or have 1 player, i wonder why.

Edited by nocturna

i see 13 servers and all are either empty or have 1 player, i wonder why.

That's odd, I see 33 servers with a total of 77 players. I'm starting to think this is an issue on your end. Have you allowed Iron Front through your Windows Firewall?

(Click for larger image)

90n66o.jpg

That's odd, I see 33 servers with a total of 77 players. I'm starting to think this is an issue on your end. Have you allowed Iron Front through your Windows Firewall?

(Click for larger image)

http://i47.tinypic.com/90n66o.jpg

i have passworded servers filtered so thats why i dont see as many, but really, please tell me a server with lots of people that you find playable, i really cant find a single one, the only playable servers have 3/4 players which is a boring.

i've been playing arma 2 for 3 years on servers with 40-50 ppl so dont tell me this is "working", i dont see a single full server.

Edited by nocturna

Thought I'd pipe in here, running the server (Game exe with -server parameter) causes my dedicated box to hard crash (restarts).

So it doesn't really work at all...

Nocturna - My dedicated server Arma2Jedra was running 32 players earlier without a problem. Don't get me wrong, there are issues, but it is nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be.

Stop talking crap Jedra, I tried your server a few times tonight and when I could actually connect it was just a laggy mess.

Edit.

Just jumped on then, only to be repeatedly whacked with a red chain and that was followed by a bug where by it states I have spawned within 75m of an enemy spawn and it kills me, darn i'm having fun!

Edited by Protector

Stop talking crap Jedra, I tried your server a few times tonight and when I could actually connect it was just a laggy mess.

Edit.

Just jumped on then, only to be repeatedly whacked with a red chain and that was followed by a bug where by it states I have spawned within 75m of an enemy spawn and it kills me, darn i'm having fun!

Same.

I'm in jedra's server now, no red chain or nothing. And I have a ping of 200!

I'm still thinking that this is an issue on your end. Have you added Iron Front to the Windows Firewall??

I'm in jedra's server now, no red chain or nothing. And I have a ping of 200!

I'm still thinking that this is an issue on your end. Have you added Iron Front to the Windows Firewall??

lmfao.