Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93160 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Not sure if this has been fixed yet but,

In the bootcamp tutorial tank training. When it comes to you being told to select the tanks machine gun nothing else happens. I sat there for 10 minutes waiting for instructions.

NO targets about, only sand and rocks

Just tested it and it's still bugged in this beta. (I guess content fixes like this come only with final non-beta patches?)

Relevant CIT tickets: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28187 https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28470

Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine

And back to desktop just after the tickboxes.

I'm using Spirited Machine launcher. When I don't run the beta, it runs just fine.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Grrr. Ignore the above, it's working fine now.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but can anyone tell me what has changed in latest betas regarding LOD blending? I'm not sure what kind of improvements am I supposed to be looking for? I was kind of hoping vegetation LOD blending would happen during the actual zooming and thus not be so distracting but I don't really see much difference to be honest. LOD blending on static screens, ie after zooming in has finished has quite a big effect on gameplay imo. My eyes still get distracted by movement of vegetation every single time.

After testing this for a while, still getting quite a few memory violations on the server. Will try with tbb3 which was more stable while running 1.6 stock at least.

Yeah it seems like an issue with allowing non-beta players to join beta servers. DayZ ANZ2 has been running great from what I can gather but that only allows people with 93121 and later to join

MOARRRR updates :D

I wish the beta patches were as frequent as Dayz updates :P Rocket's work ethic is insane.

MOARRRR updates :D

I wish the beta patches were as frequent as Dayz updates :P Rocket's work ethic is insane.

Ya I guess 5 patches in one week isn't enough...

Oh, and in case you didn't realize - BIS is updating the engine with issues found in the mod(s); so it might just take a little more time to cycle everything down the line until a beta is release. Sorry, no "instant gratification" here

With this beta I am getting noticeably worse stuttering when pressing (and releasing) my zoom view button. It is very reminiscent of the kind of performance problems we used to get in Arma1 (and early Arma2 iirc) while zooming.

I have just tested on my own in the editor (Chernarus) between Beta 93160 and 92333 (the last beta I had before the current one).

93160:

Zoomed out FPS : 40

Zoom transition FPS : 22 :- When the stutter occurs

Zoomed in FPS : 35

92333:

Zoomed out FPS : 40

Zoom transition FPS : 28

Zoomed in FPS : 35

I am guessing it is related to [93017]Fixed: LOD blending not working reliably

I have not noticed any change in how the LODs are swapping. But this new stutter is extremely annoying, so for me this is is a major step backward. It would be good if the LOD swapping could be fixed, but to be honest I am kind of used to it now and don't find it that distracting. Not nearly as much as this stutter anyway.

[93017]Fixed: LOD blending not working reliably Which is the actual DevHeaven report for this bug, so I can report it there too?

Edited by -=seany=-

After testing this for a while, still getting quite a few memory violations on the server. Will try with tbb3 which was more stable while running 1.6 stock at least.

Just a FYI.... Last night I played on a server for ~4+ hours and no memory violations for me, running default malloc.

/KC

I'm afraid you will have to cancel the LOD blending fix for the momeny,because as stated above,it still causes some huge stutterings while zooming and when looking at forests.

This beta patch is smooth sailing for me, no issues zooming.

Smooth for me. Although I'm not getting as smooth a blending as I expected. IMHO the blending should occur slowly over quite a while (depending on your speed). If say, I'm walking up to a tree in the distance, the LOD change can be quite slow, so that I don't notice the change. If I am in a car travelling towards the same tree, the LOD change should be a little faster.

When you are walking or driving everything around you is moving as well so LOD blending in those cases is not really an issue IMO. It's when you're zooming in or using scoped weapons that it becomes really noticeable and distracting. The way I see it, perfect solution would be making the blending occur while zooming so by the time it's finished the LODs are already switched. For scoped weapons, use instantaneous switching with no blending, like in OFP.

I'll do some testing but I think I'm experiencing stuttering as well. That's pretty much the only change I've noticed so far regarding this LOD fix.

Can someone try the following please ? :

- In editor,add ZU23 and get in as gunner.

-Open the scope view and look at some forest (chernarus)

-Start shooting

If you notice FPS drop please report it here.

Can someone try the following please ? :

- In editor,add ZU23 and get in as gunner.

-Open the scope view and look at some forest (chernarus)

-Start shooting

I do, but I think it has been like that for a while.

The FPS drop while shooting is caused by the smoke/particle system (smoke right in front of your sight). Old engine problem, the particle system causes most of the time a (huge) FPS drop.

On my system I can place an unit on desert island half a meter in front of the oil rig, nothing else. When I start shooting at the metal of the rig my FPS fall down from 120 to 60. When the smoke caused by shooting the rifle disappears FPS go back to 120.

Xeno

[93156] Changed: increased gear MP messages priority

Did anybody noticed, if this change has decreased time delay while taking items in DayZ gear?

Did anybody noticed, if this change has decreased time delay while taking items in DayZ gear?

DayZ servers have a hard time. It lags like hell. But the thing I've spotted is that items sometimes stuck and can't be unloaded from backpack or can't be taken. Sometimes if you try to unload something from your backpack it will duplicate (unloaded 50 cans from my backpack to zombie body). But all these items doesn't exist. You can see 34 bean cans, but the guy next to you can't. If you will reconnect to server they disappear.

Another BUG in bootcamp tutorial. E11:TEAM COMMAND

Textures keep reloading every time you move you head, the result is a slide show of around 1 fps.

Is it the patches that are breaking the tutorials or were they always bugged like this?

Very noticeable difference for me. Haven't had any extended waits between seeing things go from one inventory to another since that build.

I'm seeing this too. Much quicker.