Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

It's Now Available On The Bohemia Interactive Store!

Anyone from the UK managed to buy the retail version? I've just been into town went to GAME,GAMESTATION and HMV and none had it in stock despite all having it advertised on their website, HMV told me the game had been suspended and that the only way i could get it was to order online? I kind of want the box version.

Anyone from the UK managed to buy the retail version? I've just been into town went to GAME,GAMESTATION and HMV and none had it in stock despite all having it advertised on their website, HMV told me the game had been suspended and that the only way i could get it was to order online? I kind of want the box version.

My housemate preorder from Game a few weeks back and it hasn't even been dispatched. I went into town to buy it and they said they didn't stock 'obscure' games in store, I then told them that COD MW3 was 'obscure' and told them to have a look at the sales on steam. (the manager was annoyed that I was right when I said Arma 2 was no1 on steam). I ended up buying it from sproket this morning instead, although it is taking forever to download (65% apprently another 3 hour to go)

Was getting 1MBp/s earlier but I paused it for the cap crossover at 3PM and now getting 200kbp/s! As others have suggested, maybe a torrent or P2P client would be better for future releases?

@Dan, Nice work with the muppets at Game! 5*! :D

I think it may be because the Americans have just woken up and are now hogging the bandwidth as they do not have their own mirror because I am getting 250kb/s and have been for the last 40minutes. (On Virgin Media btw)

Yep, I'm using the GB mirror, 528kb/sec. Internet access in the 'States sucks in most places, so that's the high end for my download speed anyway. Three hours left, and of course the only other games I've been playing are DayZ and Diablo3. I might try one of those "books."

Mine has just gone back up to 1MBp/s - nearly done! I'm with VM too.

"Books"? What are those? :p I've been listening to music while waiting. You could try that too! :D

Dan;2156131']I think it may be because the Americans have just woken up and are now hogging the bandwidth as they do not have their own mirror because I am getting 250kb/s and have been for the last 40minutes. (On Virgin Media btw)

What package are you with on Virgin? Im only on the 10mb and it cuts your connection down by 75% if you download more than 2 gig.

What package are you with on Virgin? Im only on the 10mb and it cuts your connection down by 75% if you download more than 2 gig.

I was on the 10Mb but got doubled to 20Mb. That gives me around 7GB between 10AM and 3PM. 4PM to 9PM is around 3.5GB. Between 3PM and 4PM it is open season, and the same after 9PM.

For 10Mb it was 2GB for the first period and 750MB for the second. See this for details: http://www.virginmedia.com/images/STM_20Mb_below_400pxA.jpg

Bah - I was downloading using the US mirror all morning - and as it turns out, the files I downloaded are corrupted right off the bat. Oh well, everyone else seems to be having better luck with the EU mirrors so I'll just suck it up and deal with the slow download speeds.

Dang no wonder it is really slow, taken me almost 5 hours to download it now, 98% done (then I have to patch it)

Just got home and it has finished downloading. Installing now. :D