Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

ArmA III Cost

I have thought of something that I think would only benefit Bohemia Interactive. ArmA III would have the normal price of a new game. But, similar to what they did with Carrier Command, let the user pay what they want. Instead of having only 2 choices of prices, have a base price of $49.99. Then have another option to pay more, let the user type in the amount of money they'd wish to pay for ArmA III.

If someone can only afford the $49.99, then they can get it at $49.99. But anyone else who is willing to pay more should be able to. If someone wants to pay $100, let them. If they want to pay $1,000, let them. But there is a base price of $49.99, so no one can pay less than that. This could only benefit Bohemia Interactive and not harm anyone. Think of Kickstarter.

Yes or no? What do you think?

I am all for it. Personally I'd be glad to support you guys with more than base price.

Even when it's released, I doubt it will be priced at the usual crazy rates of current AAA titles. Besides, you can always buy more copies, as many of us have done before, no?

Yeah, that's not a bad idea actually Sniperwolf572.

Yes, but buying more copies means you'd have all these extra keys laying around, which I hate.

Yes, but buying more copies means you'd have all these extra keys laying around, which I hate.

Buy the game for other people then, as many of us have done. ;)

On that note: BIS, give your store a gifting option already! I've had to resort to using Steam on occasion, which is less than ideal.

Edited by MadDogX

I just thought it would be easier to allow peopel to "pay what they want", but still have a base price of $49.99. Of course you can always buy more copies, but what's wrong with this more "clean" way of doing it?

I just thought it would be easier to allow peopel to "pay what they want", but still have a base price of $49.99. Of course you can always buy more copies, but what's wrong with this more "clean" way of doing it?

Nothing in theory, but they would have to modify their payment system to take "expanded payments".

You can always ask for their bank account and wire them some money ;)

Buy the game for other people then, as many of us have done. ;)

Exactly. :D

So far I've addicted at least 5 people to ArmA this way. (Who will be buying ArmA3 themselves now and it leaves room for me to attempt to addict more people next year :D)

On that note: BIS, give your store a gifting option already! I've had to resort to using Steam on occasion, which is less than ideal.

This x1000! I did email them about it and they told me to make an account for the recipient and give him the details. This is my most wished for feature for the store.

On topic, do you mean like a pay what you want with a set base price? That would be a good idea I think. From what I can gather, it has worked well for others before.

On topic, do you mean like a pay what you want with a set base price? That would be a good idea I think. From what I can gather, it has worked well for others before.

Exactly. It is what TheHarvesteR has done with Kerbal Space Program. I know many of you here have played KSP.

25preqh.jpg

Remember:

*The game is currently under heavy development and is in Alpha state.

*You can donate any amount you want, as many times as you like.

*The game will be automatically pre-ordered for purchases of 15.00 USD and above.

*Multiple donations will be combined, so if you donate 10.00 USD now, and 5.00 USD later, you'll have your pre-order.

*By pre-ordering KSP now, you get the game in it's current state, and all future updates.

---------- Post added at 04:41 ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 ----------

If Bohemia Interactive did something similar to what HarvesteR did, I think it would turn out quite well.

Edited by Nicholas

Kickstarter is a great idea. On Path of Exile, you see people that have paid more with some unique items that have shown how they supported the company.

I never suggested to use Kickstarter, but to do something similar.

Considering the fact they got almost 80 000 000 CZK (4 000 000 USD) on subsidies from European Union, they have money from some of you regardles if you want or not.:D

It will cost the developers their soul...

Considering the fact they got almost 80 000 000 CZK (4 000 000 USD) on subsidies from European Union, they have money from some of you regardles if you want or not.:D

Great use of public money, isn't it? Makes me proud =). Much better than when our ministry of labour rewarded itself with additional 10 mil. CZK for labour law reform (their work).

Well, fans of gospel would probably feel the same about other people's millions of dolars going into some gospel choir or whatever. The same with embroidery fans, pickle preservation fans..I don't think this is any different.

I think buying multiple copies and giving some of them to your friends is still the best way.

1. You support BIS, even more if you buy on Sprocket

2. You expand the popularity of Arma and maybe you atract new fans

3. Sales Figures are important. The more sales, the better.

As much as I would want to lash out hundreds of Euros for ArmA 3 in an orgy of a pre-order... I'll wait for reviews, though €101 for some epic Collector's Edition does seem fair, provided it's an improvement over the previous installments with the same Spirit. ;)

They already took our whole spare time, maybe even our souls. Half of the Members here will be strongly disappointed one day when there is no Editor in Heaven :p

Also, if you have no idea who to give gifts to, SteamGifts is an excellent place to hand out gifts to random strangers.

just buy an extra copy to save, or to gift to a good friend who hasnt heard of ArmA before!

Considering that there are a few people here who want to buy multiple copies, i'd offer myself as a selfless acceptor of such a key.