Sign in to follow this  
stephsen

first impression and any questions

Only eastern front alone would be a huge potentiality, such as winter scenaria, 1941-1942 scenaria, etc. lots of new stuff, weapon, vehicles to be needed. Anyway, this game would have a big room to develope.

Yup but if we want more stuff at this quality we must wait.

Wait.

Wait. :)

A single tank took half month (maybe more) to complete as we see it in game. According what the devs said.

It will be worth the wait, especially if they deliver this kind of quality if they bring a winter scenario I only hope that they can develop a snow module that makes the entire map snow white or some parts of the map, this way we can make winter scenarios on all the maps without doubling every single map again in a winter scenario ... I do not know if it is possible doh ..

kind regards

Winter scenaria is nice. Actually, in eastern front, at least five months was cold and could see soldiers in winter uniform. So the winter troops would be necessary.

If half of a month or even more in one month, a new tank could be completed by the developer, we still would have a large chance to get dozens of new stuff.

check this out: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134844-IF-LIB-44-Photography-I-No-images-over-100kb-Pictures-only-NO-comments post 8

nice eh? looks familiar? it does! : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112394-ATI-cards check the screens at the bottom of my post

So its not ATI, its not a certain driver or driver settings, its not ArmA/IF44 settings, its in the engine ! and it is fixed in OA!

RunForrest, I haven't read all the other thread so appologies if this was already covered but is Grafikspeicher "Video Memory" and Sehr hoch "Very High" ?

If so, and you haven't already covered this, set it back to default and then set the other options back up to Very High. From what I remember they alter as you play with the Video Memory, but you can eventually get it to settle that way. I got a new machine to play Arma OA with a few months ago and after a while noticed that my graphics looked crap compared to what other people seemed to be getting. Setting Video Memory back to default from very high solved the problem once I got the other entries to stay on Very High.

Hope that helps.

Scott

After three nights of actual gameplay (SP and MP) my first impressions are very good. Summary:

* Beautiful maps with very good terrain. Feels like a mix between Chernarus and the original Operation Flashpoint maps (this is good in my opinion).

* A small but useful selection of troops, planes and vehicles. This game does not try to provide it's players with a little bit of everything, as far as I can tell. Instead it stays focused on small scale skirmishes on the eastern front, and does so very well.

* Tank battles, dogfights in the air and artillery works way better than anything I've seen in the Armaverse before.

What I hope to see in the near future:

* Documentation of the new modules, documentations of the mines/tripwires/etc.

* Civilians.

* Did I say civilians? I want rural civilians and war refugees. And more eye candy, if possible.

@becubed

is Grafikspeicher "Video Memory" and Sehr hoch "Very High" ?
yes it is :) Nothing helps, no matter what, i had many problems since arma2 release (just see my posts/rants in the link above http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112394-ATI-cards). Many people told me this and that, some said i should lower my expectations, jea right blablabla... . The problem is in the game! All players that have problems with that low res popping, take my advice: stop searching the problem at ur end, its wasted time. My OA is running fine now(still not perfect), on high - very high settings (given the right missionsetup). IF44 lacks the fixes from latest OA developments. It was said IF44 is based on latest OA technology - what i see on my pc when i compare IF44 and OA proves that this is not the case.

Ill just wait for patches, that fix this grafic mess, and than we can talk about other needed fixes (e.g. what i just discovered: german voice translation when u command AI is totaly f...; surpisingly not one german review of the game from the arma community that i read noticed that, or didnt write about it - pink glasses anyone? lol

i just had my first positive gameplay experience. the texture and lod popping is much reduced when i stay away from towns, it is still there but much reduced. its exact the same problem that i had in OA. so when i play at countryside the experience is quite nice. stunning atmosphere. all those little details, no matter what obejct u look at, just beautiful! on the other hand i encountered another bad bug. i had MAJOR fps drops (9fps max) at mission start of the coop mission where u have to take out the kingtiger. i also had it in the ambush mission when i opened the map and closed it again. than when i open map again fps rise again to normal (ca45fps), when close map again just 9fps. i will open new topic regarding that to find out if there is others having the same problem.

RunForrest do you have a xbox controller or other device attached?

no. i have a second small monitor for TS and stuff.

i should add the map fps drop now happened 4 times. 3 times i was connected to hosted(no dedi) coop game. and just a few minutes ago i was on pvp *FK* test server (dedi) , when i used the parajump feature and clicked on the map, again fps drop when i closed the map. alt tab fixed it

Edited by RunForrest

First impression was: Worst game i've ever bought. I was ready for some minor bugs as i've played bis games since ofp, but jeeeesus i wasn`t ready for this. Even as free mod this would have been a bad start, but pay 30€uros. huh.

At least after 1.02 it's possible to play campaings again. So it's not all bad. And i know they are going to keep fixing thigs.

• Vehicles, weapons, soldier models, map terrains etc. All top quality.

• Sounds are terrible. Ears bleed.

So far mp is a no go with the desync and there's like one big russian server and then 3-5 player locked servers. I have not lost all my hope with this... keep checking the updates. But atm it's nearly imposible to enjoy this.

First impression was: Worst game i've ever bought. I was ready for some minor bugs as i've played bis games since ofp, but jeeeesus i wasn`t ready for this. Even as free mod this would have been a bad start, but pay 30€uros. huh.

At least after 1.02 it's possible to play campaings again. So it's not all bad. And i know they are going to keep fixing thigs.

• Vehicles, weapons, soldier models, map terrains etc. All top quality.

• Sounds are terrible. Ears bleed.

So far mp is a no go with the desync and there's like one big russian server and then 3-5 player locked servers. I have not lost all my hope with this... keep checking the updates. But atm it's nearly imposible to enjoy this.

This is typical for all recent ArmA based games - slow starting, bugged, glitchy, unplayable, etc, etc but after some time very, very good.

I personally bought it because of those models which are the most realistic of all games I would type.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by raptor90
bought instead buy ^^

Great game, brings a fresh atmosphere to the Arma2 engine. The content itself is high quality (except sounds!) and I'm sure the bugs will be worked out soon. Many flaws seem to be consistent with previous Arma2 releases. I'm looking forward to upcoming patches, but with what was announced in regards to modding, I'm a little nervous how long-lived the game will be.

Great game, brings a fresh atmosphere to the Arma2 engine. The content itself is high quality (except sounds!) and I'm sure the bugs will be worked out soon. Many flaws seem to be consistent with previous Arma2 releases. I'm looking forward to upcoming patches, but with what was announced in regards to modding, I'm a little nervous how long-lived the game will be.

Well, probably until Arma 3 come out...

I hope that there will be IF2 on Arma 3 engine ^^

But who knows.

Not a good game. Not a game ready for release. Pretty much appears to me one last ditch effort to hose $$ off the ARMA 2 engine before #3 comes out.

The sooner they start selling the sooner they start making money, and the consumer doesnt count for much. That seems to be the current mindset for game developers.

I can't even give a first impression as the game is completely unplayable for me. I am quite upset about this as I bought two copies of IF:L. This is not acceptable.

Pretty much appears to me one last ditch effort to hose $$ off the ARMA 2 engine before #3 comes out.

Agreed this is 1st version of view for most costumers.

2nd view could be like, acquiring experience (AWAR) and money for (I hope IF2) and buying the license of Arma 3 engine.

Both are acceptable I think...

And the 3d view is like, take all the quality ( models, etc and WW2 theme at all ) from recent IF44 and place it on Arma 3 engine. :p

I think its pure win.

Edited by raptor90

The game is still really rough around the edges, with particularly the CTDs being a nuisance. That being said, I'm really enjoying it so far. The maps are some of the greatest I've seen on the engine, the models are great, and Blitzkrieg mode really is something. I hope (and trust) the developers will resolve the biggest issues and make this one of the best WW2 titles in a long while.

This is typical for all recent ArmA based games - slow starting, bugged, glitchy, unplayable, etc, etc but after some time very, very good.

I personally bought it because of those models which are the most realistic of all games I would type.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Fully agree your point! The art work and models are really the best I ever saw in WW2 games! Just for this, Im glad to pay above Eur 60 with postage included!

Im glad to pay above Eur 60 with postage included!

Is it possible to buy it with that kinda price? :confused:

Bought mine for 20€..

I'm not joking. I really purchased it more than that cost. Amazon charged the disc for 14.95 pounds. UPS costed me 54 pounds to send it from UK!