Sign in to follow this  
stephsen

first impression and any questions

the islands is the bettest what i have seen in arma2 with his engine

the models and textures for infantrie are really fine

but the weapon sounds impacts etc. are realy bad the effects for weapons and impacts are really bad too (is the same effects how in arma2 vanilla :rolleyes:

question is it possible to use arma2 addons in this game? because the arma2 files are PBO´s the Liberation files are IFA

or is it possible open the IFA files ?

How do you have the game? The BIStore doesn't have the download available...

Almost everyone got retail early......

Digital downloaders have to wait apparently.

The maps and units are really superb. I had a lot of crashes and bugs unfortunately and could not go for the classnames yet. I found a nice weapon.

There is a Panzerfaust 30 (with 60m printed on it) included with special animation. You can use it instead of a rifle and fire in all three positions but can not drop it. You find it in the unit demo mission (viewport2 in Singleplayer) in a box near the trucks behind you. It is not in the regular ammo boxes though.

I would appreciate if someone finds the time to post the classnames.

Please fix the serious bugs as fast as you can so that ordinary players do not give up disappointed right after launch. This game has great potential.

By the way a lot of retailers place new games in the shelfs during the day before launch. This is how I got OFP and all the ARMA games early.

Edited by wolf359

I understand the player models and vehicle models are better than the Arma series. How are the overall graphics and game world? Is it more immersive or kind of open and plain? Better graphics overall?

I understand the player models and vehicle models are better than the Arma series. How are the overall graphics and game world? Is it more immersive or kind of open and plain? Better graphics overall?

I would say that the maps are pretty damn good actually. There is a lot of detail in them and they will provide good terrain for many types of battles (Infantry, Tanks, Air etc). It is the quality of the maps and the models which really sets this apart from a normal mod (not knocking any mods here - Iron Front had full time developers!!). Better Graphics overall? That's a hard one to answer as this is a completely different setting and era to anything in vanilla Arma. It is appropriate to the era though and possibly more colourful! The campaigns are large and there's a ton of online missions too - I think it's well worth the asking price.

You have to remember though that this is based on the Virtual Reality Engine 2 (the same as Operation Arrowhead) - you are not suddenly going to get DX11 graphics and ragdolls!

Overall though it looks pretty damn fine.

can someone post a review of this game? for those who already have it and played it.

I hesitate to buy it, and I'd like to know whether it's worth or not.

thanks

Damn I REALLY wish I had bought a physical copy instead now. Not that I am displeased with the BIS store, I don't mind waiting a bit, but I like my CD's and early releases. :D Can't wait to play anyways.

Got my retail DVD yesterday as well, but just found the time to explore IFL44 game world in the editor, before going to bed. Made some sightseeing tour with a single player character, walked through richly detailed Baranow town, on map with same name. Drove around with a SdKfz251 with some bots added, checked vehicle path finding ect. I´ll dive back into the game world in a couple of minutes, but so far I can say, it´s the best WW2 eastern front that one could expect from the ARMACoOps engine. Maps and graphics are gorgeous, richly detailed, realistic looking and the towns surely will give a new experience in urban/house to house fighting, with all that enterable houses and rooms inside. I´ve just scratched the surface and it´s a first impression. I had a CTD once, but couldn´t repeat it. There´s surely a number of issues, similar to the ones in unmodded ARMA2, but it´s a first release and AWAR surely will listen and make a great game even better over time. I don´t regret the 39 Euro (that´s 52 USD) I paid for it. :)

what I care most is the quality of models, textures and maps. It seems the art work of Iron Front has been fully accepted and praised. As per the first impression of the players, they could be called superb! That's what I want most! Even if there are possible some bugs, I won't care at all. All games may have bugs and I also think they could be fixed by patches. But if the art work was not good overally, we had to wait for next game release.

It's only for people with very frequent crashes and the need to check IF.cfg if VRAM setting was detected faulty

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

-maxVRAM=GPU_VRAM_VALUE

-winXP might be also worth a try

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator

You can specify a particular allocator from a command line, like:

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

-malloc=jemalloc_bi

-malloc=tcmalloc_bi

-malloc=nedmalloc_bi

Try all of them

Edited by Ingeneer

Advice what to do if crushes present:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...rs#Performance

-maxVRAM=GPU_VRAM_VALUE

-winXP might be also worth a try

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...mory_Allocator

You can specify a particular allocator from a command line, like:

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

-malloc=jemalloc_bi

-malloc=tcmalloc_bi

-malloc=nedmalloc_bi

Try all of them

I'm going to assume that these are the two links you tried to post?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator

Is that the official d/l site for the Patch ?? All i get is a german site covered in a commercial for sniper2 ?

First impressions: very good :D Some of the sounds cut out a bit too soon and the bug below weren't the best but overall I'm really impressed (the tiny 1k1k map is awesome), I just hope the MP scene picks up a bit, but it's still very early days.

Oh, also, where do we report bugs to? When I jog standing up it sounds like like half a squad running (too many step sounds for the amount of actual steps my guy is making) - I'm patched up too.

Do startup commands work still from arma 2.

-nosplash -world=none -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=2 -exThreads=7

What I like so far:

- The maps. They are really atmospheric, well-made and gives me lots of ideas for scenarios.

- Texture work. Everything is really crisp and detailed.

- Armour system.

- The Music

What I don't like:

- Town performance. While that is an issue of the RV engine, looking at an area where there's a town 'in your view direction' but not in view has a massive impact on FPS. Was standing with 60 FPS and turned towards a town that ran down a street, boom 35FPS which is way too big of a hit for the system listed below. Some of the towns need to be cleaned up, reduce the CPU hit because right now it's a bit much.

- Sounds. While the sounds are great, they seem to cut off a bit too fast and abruptly, some also feel lower compared to others, despite the fact they should be higher. Like a tank driving makes more noise than actually firing, which lacks a lot of punch of noise. Also running sounds are higher than weapon firing sounds.

Still need to get my feet wet :)

Edited by Sethos

I can confirm that -nosplash works, I haven't tried the others but I would assume they do as well.

Dorph;2156028']Is that the official d/l site for the Patch ?? All i get is a german site covered in a commercial for sniper2 ?

Just hit the browser refresh and the advert will go away.

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this release, but I’m reluctant to buy it, until I’ve read more reviews. One concern that comes from playing the original Liberation mod in OFP was, to many script “features†that I didn’t need, tended to cause poor FPS.

Have they made extensive use of modules? The models and textures look great, but I would prefer to add “features†via the module system, or write my own, as and when I need them.

Is there a Warfare style mission included, or planned for this release. Either official or user made?

New "Blitzkrieg game mode" any info on this?

Any played this in MP yet, interested in the performance and stability, no frequent crashes e.t.c

Edited by UNN

Could a soldier still be running around after being shot in the chest by mosin nagant or Kar 98k? Because i had the impression that shots in the torso would also knock a soldier down immediately.