Sign in to follow this  
MaceUK71

BI store release time

Does the BIS store just give you a key and allow you to download? There isn't any like download manager or any funny install system. I hate things like that.

Right now, the system has you downloading a sprocket.exe, a small standalone download manager that doesn't require install. You pick somewhere to save install files, then you just delete the sprocket.exe when done - Simple :)

Another reason why I didn't go with Steam this time was the old ArmA II problems. This time BIS won't be overseeing it, so we might see some new Steam problems arise, I'd rather have a standalone copy of the game to avoid any such issues. Plus, BIS gets more support through their own store - No Valve middleman :D

Right now, the system has you downloading a sprocket.exe, a small standalone download manager that doesn't require install. You pick somewhere to save install files, then you just delete the sprocket.exe when done - Simple :)

Another reason why I didn't go with Steam this time was the old ArmA II problems. This time BIS won't be overseeing it, so we might see some new Steam problems arise, I'd rather have a standalone copy of the game to avoid any such issues.

I agree 100%. The only problem I have ever had with steam was trying to run my ARMA games with mods and such. I only realized recently that installing the Beta patch removes the requirement for steam to be on.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Okay, so just to make sure. In theory, if the game releases at 12:01am Prague time, and I live in the US and have purchased through the BIStore, would I have download access at 5:01pm today (Central)? That would be FANTASTIC, in theory.

I agree 100%. The only problem I have ever had with steam was trying to run my ARMA games with mods and such. I only realized recently that installing the Beta patch removes the requirement for steam to be on.

Steam has never been required to run for ArmA. Create a shortcut for ArmA from the .exe and launch it that way. Mods and addons install with the Steam version just like every other version, so you should not have had any issues.

It's now 00:00 CET / GMT +1 and nothing yet :( ( Same timezone as the Czechs )

It's now 00:00 CET / GMT +1 and nothing yet :(

Shame on BI for not sitting at their desks 24/7, SHAME I SAY!!!! :mad:

Shame on BI for not sitting at their desks 24/7, SHAME I SAY!!!! :mad:

Yeah, your sarcasm is duly noted. Welcome to 2012 where systems are automated, like Steam releases or any other digital release for that matter.

Yeah, your sarcasm is duly noted. Welcome to 2012 where systems are automated, like Steam releases or any other digital release for that matter.

You will be notified, via the same email you used to sign up for Sprocket, as soon as the game is available.

You will be notified, via the same email you used to sign up for Sprocket, as soon as the game is available.

I know.

Email notifications just aren't known to be very timely, so I half-expected a midnight release as usual. :)

I know.

Email notifications just aren't known to be very timely, so I half-expected a midnight release as usual. :)

It's not the end of the world. I'm sure you can live a little longer without it.

It's not the end of the world. I'm sure you can live a little longer without it.

What's with those condescending posts? Did I offend you in some way?

What's with those condescending posts? Did I offend you in some way?

What? I just basically told you to wait a little bit longer, but with sarcasm involved. Nothing condescending about that.

What? I just basically told you to wait a little bit longer, but with sarcasm involved. Nothing condescending about that.

What you just said is how you'd speak to your children, found it very condescending - I'm not 12 years old.

But if that wasn't your intention I apologize for jumping out at you.

Edited by Sethos

Obviously his life depends on it, else he wouldn't have started yet another thread asking to be notified when it's available.

Good thing that there's some other important things in life than computer games. smile.png

Edited by W0lle

Obviously his life depends on it, else he wouldn't have started yet another thread asking to be notified when it's available.

Good thing that there's some other important things in life than computer games. :)

That wasn't even me :| http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134772-Please-post-when-you-get-the-go-ahead-from-the-BI-Store Where do you see MaceUK71 in here?

EDIT: And he removed it ...

Come guys lets keep this on topic gentlemen 8)! Anyone maybe hoping for a GMT mid night release from the BIS store??

"Originally Posted by W0lle

Good thing that there's some other important things in life than computer games. "

Yes, Wolle I hope you did delete that post but unfortunate that someone quoted it.

Do you think it the function of a mod to mock posters in the forums? How dare you! I simply wanted to know when it was available.

I'm reporting you to BI, that is disgusting.

Edited by MaceUK71

I removed the post because I thought Sethos made that new thread while it was you. But okay now since I'm quoted I can also restore it.

I'm scared to death. The person to report me is Placebo, our head moderator.

:couch:

I'm very sorry that I mixed the two of you. Unfortunately I have to deal with a hell lot more people here and other problems than when IF44 is available at the BI Store.

"Originally Posted by W0lle

Good thing that there's some other important things in life than computer games. "

Yes, Wolle I hope you did delete that post but unfortunate that someone quoted it.

Do you think it the function of a mod to mock posters in the forums? How dare you! I simply wanted to know when it was available.

Mace, get over it. W0lle was being sarcastic in his post and simply confused Sethos for you. Everyone makes mistakes.

Well pre-ordered from BIS. I agree with the fact that steam ain't so reliable on Arma patches and updates so yeah best choice. Hopefully early release!

Mace, get over it. W0lle was being sarcastic in his post and simply confused Sethos for you. Everyone makes mistakes.

And it has what to do with you? That's correct, nothing.

And it has what to do with you? That's correct, nothing.

Well, it was started because of me, I offended Sethos. Sethos reported my post, which led W0lle to post here.

Well, it was started because of me, I offended Sethos. Sethos reported my post, which led W0lle to post here.

Actually, I didn't :) He came in here on his own accord.'

I'm very sorry that I mixed the two of you. Unfortunately I have to deal with a hell lot more people here and other problems than when IF44 is available at the BI Store.

It's okay man, we all make mistakes sometimes.

Anyone maybe hoping for a GMT mid night release from the BIS store??

Hope springs eternal...

Hope springs eternal...

AS long as it's pretty soon then it's better than what steam can offer.

What is this thread about again?