Sign in to follow this  
T0bias

Cyborg FLY 5 problems

Having a lot of trouble getting this to work, aside from struggling with things like no hud indicator for things like flaps or landing gear up/down so I have to reach over to my keyboard and hit change camera to see if those commands worked.

Trying to bind functions to the stick mostly worked for flying a heli, one weird bug though is that when I land, the engine refuses to start again. Can't do it from the context menu, increasing the throttle doesn't work, reaching over to the keyboard and hitting Q (which is how you normally take off using the keyboard) doesn't do anything. I can do it fine normally using the keyboard while the cyborg is plugged in, but as soon as I land using the joystick the heli just refuses to start again. Can't find any kind of keybind for "start engine" in the menu.

Then went to try it out with the F-35b, flying around and take off / landing works fine in both VTOL and normal modes so it doesn't have the same issue as the helicopers, but now my buttons for flaps up/down instead change the angle of the jet engine thing in gradients between the VTOL and the normal setting. I can't find a bind for that, and the menu doesn't show any binding conflicts that I can see. Also my buttons for raising and lowering the landing gear do nothing. Also would be great if there was a toggle landing gear keybind since that's a binary setting so it's stupid to have to have more then one button for it.

i have no idea what the f*** is going on plaese halp

-You do need separate buttons for landing gear up/down even though it could be done with one in theory. (If it was just 1 then would be even harder to tell if they are up or down)

-Flaps have more than one position so that needs up/down buttons.

-Dont use the analogue thrust bindings. Just use one direction of throttle for power on and the other direction for brake.

-VTOL is activated with "Auto Hover" binding.

Edited by EDcase

-You do need separate buttons for landing gear up/down even though it could be done with one in theory. (If it was just 1 then would be even harder to tell if they are up or down)

-Flaps have more than one position so that needs up/down buttons.

-Dont use the analogue thrust bindings. Just use one direction of throttle for power on and the other direction for brake.

-VTOL is activated with "Auto Hover" binding.

-Ideally or realistically they would have an indicator for that in the cockpit. Not entirely relevant since stuff like that is presumably going to be implemented in Arma 3 from some of the videos I've seen

-I know this, never argued against it

-Seems like a clunky workaround, if the analogue thrust control is broken why is it still like that after the game has been out for four years and the sequel is due very soon

-Doesn't explain why the flap and gear controls weren't working, it wasn't like switching auto-hover on or off, there were 4 or 5 increments in the engine angle I could switch through and the auto-hover setting in the context menu didn't change from on to off when I fully raised the engine, vice versa for fully lowering it