Sign in to follow this  
[evo] dan

AI getIn Waypoint issues

I have been attempting to make a mission where you fly transport for an AI team and then drop them off, let them do some things and then pick them up. However I have ran into an issue with getting them into the helicopter. Here is what I am trying to do:

I start in the helicopters pilot seat. I then give myself a waypoint in the editor for 'load'.

I then give the AI squad an order to 'get in' and synch it with the previously mentioned 'load' waypoint.

However, they get inot the helicopter and then get straight back out of it.

My question is how do I get them to get into the chopper like they did, but then to stay onboard the chopper until they get to an area where I have an 'unload' marker and they have a 'get out' marker?

Is it a case I only need a 'load order' for me and then synch it with them or is there something that I am missing?

Here is the effect that I wanted:

I start in the chopper as the pilot

The AI then boards my helicopter

I fly them to somewhere

They get out and do what they then have to.

EDIT:

I have managed to get them to get into the heli and stay in it by syncing the get in order for them with the transport load and transport unload waypoints I have given myself. However when I get there I cannot get them to get out, or if I try a different method, they will get into the heli and then get straight back out before heading that way on foot.

I can upload a mission for you to see if you want so you can advise any changes needed.

I have had a look on the Biki but couldn't make much sense of how to do this, as I recal lit was easier to do in A2.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

I have done this in Arma before - I'll find my old mission and get back to you - might be a bit later as I got to get the kids form school now!

I did try some of the ways recommended for arma, but none of them worked for me.

So just to repeat what I want to do - I am getting into the chopper or can start in the heli, and there is a seperate AI group that I am telling to get in, fly them to a place and then have them get out and go and do other waypoints.

Dan,

Here's my example getin.rar

It may not be any use to you as I use a mixture of waypoints (for the helo pilot) and orderGetin commands for the passengers. Anyway take a look as it might give you a different way of doing it.

I'll try and think of a purely waypoint implementation later on.

Edited by Jedra

I don't know if I found a bug which is why its not working. I am running the Hinds expansion. In the editor I give a helicopter 3 move waypoints but it seems to skip to just the last one (I know this as its the opposite direction to the other 2). I think this is the reason it may not be working. Here is the mission if you want to see if you get the same results before I report the bug:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28062918/waypointsfailure.South_Asia_H.rar

What you are looking for with this is:

1 heli will take off, and should fly a circuit around.

what happens for me:

1 heli will take off and go to the last waypoint I gave it in the editor, instead of doing the circuit.

edit:

Tried something similiar with Hinds disabled and same effect.

EDIT 2:

I think I may have found the error, it might be something to do with the terrain cell size because I moved the waypoint further out (about 2-3km between each one instead of 50-100m) and the heli went to them in the correct order.

Also if you put 2 waypoints over each other they will both cancel out, even if one is being done multiple waypoints later with the heli going elsewhere. It only seems to happen for the choppers, and not the inf which work fine with close waypoints.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Dan, I concurr - I was about to post the same thing. It seems that move waypoints in the same cell (3 digit precision cell size) cancel each other out. I would post this as a bug as it somewhat limits fine control of AI piloted craft!!

Yeah its a bit annoying, had to slightly change my mission gameplan for now, but at least it still works.

I also noticed that the scripted helicopter waypoints do not work in MP either, but do work in SP/editor. I ended up changing the orders to just a normal 'load' from 'transport'.

Anyway heres the bug reported if you want to vote on it:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31844

Edited by [EVO] Dan