Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Help finding an object (Fountain)

I've searched in Structures.pbo, Misc.pbo and Misc2.pbo but can't for the life of me find the fountain-objects used in many villages in Chernarus.

I cannot even find it amongst the objects here:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

Has anyone got any clue where it is, and that the filename is?

(I would also like to find the large haystack and park benches)

I don't immediately recall seeing many fountains on Chernarus... though tbh I haven't played on Cherno in ages...

Do you mean the "village well & well pump"? You see them in most villages for sure...

ca\structures\misc - "Misc_Well" & "Misc_WellPump"

For a proper "city park" or "public square"-type fountain, try...

ca\buildings\kasna_new.p3d

Which looks quite good - especially if you put some water in it... ;)

For park benches try all things named "lavicka" in...

ca\buildings\misc

For haystacks there's the big cylindrical rolled "hay bale", which is....

ca\misc\seno_balik.p3d

The obviously named "misc_haystack" in...

ca\structures\misc\misc_haystack\misc_haystack.p3d

is actually a "hayrack"

For the traditional huge heap of hay-type haystack, try....

ca\buildings\misc\stoh.p3d

B

Ah! thanks! I had forgotten about the buildings.pbo, I though that was from ArmA (to use old ArmA-islands and such), that explains why I couldn't find these things, thanks a lot!

Bushlurker... are you using the pond to put water in the fountain or is there another water p3d somewhere?

Edited by vasf_jeffs

I used a scaled down custom pond object in the CWR2 island fountains as a "quick fix" - yeah... Though that proved to be a slight problem when someone managed to destroy the fountain - leaving the water floating there... :(

I - think - we skipped that issue by making the fountains indestructable... :)

B

There's a download of Randy Stratton's handy "snappable pond object" in the "Resources & Tutorials" section of my website.

I think for the CWR2 fountains I scaled that down in O2 to make a "fountains water.p3d or something like that...

Works quite well - apart from the above destruction snags, and it looks OK from most angles...

You can fine-tune the scaling in Visitor to get a neat fit, so the edges of the pond object will "embed" nicely in the side walls of the fountain, then just "set absolute height" on the object to set it at an appropriate level...

B