Sign in to follow this  
aussieterry84

Will the BIS Store sell physical copies?

I'm a big fan and like 90% of people on here im happy throwing my money at you guys (I spent $150 on getting ArmA 2 the german digital copy then a physical copy like the majority of players here :) ).

My question is will the BIS Store be selling physical copies of ArmA 3 or will it be digital only?

I dont mind digital games but when it comes to ArmA I like having a physical copy because its my fav game series so i like to show it off :).

Collectors Editions would be sweet also :D i'd def throw cash at that!

I would also like to see physical copies of this game. I am not a fan of the whole digital thing with computer game purchases :d:

Yes, there will definitely be a box for our upcoming baby. :)

Sorry but I do not see this happening. A physical copy implies more hassle both up (production) and down (delivery) the supply chain.

If they decide to sell physical copies they can do it 2 ways.

They either predict possible unit sales and order a certain number of DVD's to be manufactured in this case they have to hope that their predictions are accurate and a high percentage of the units are sold

or

They go with a pull based system. When the customer places the order the DVD gets manufactured. One problem here. BIS does not own their own production line so they would have to outsource it. Delivery time and costs are also increases due to the fact that your copy/copies have to be made from scratch and due to the small nr. of copies. As you may or may not know, larger nr. = lower prices per unit.

Both cases involve time and money spent by BIS on the production of the DVD's and the delivery costs to a central warehouse from where BIS can distribute them and money spent by you on the courier/post service for the delivery of the DVD(s).

I say it's not worth it :)

Sorry but I do not see this happening. A physical copy implies more hassle both up (production) and down (delivery) the supply chain.

If they decide to sell physical copies they can do it 2 ways.

They either predict possible unit sales and order a certain number of DVD's to be manufactured in this case they have to hope that their predictions are accurate and a high percentage of the units are sold

or

They go with a pull based system. When the customer places the order the DVD gets manufactured. One problem here. BIS does not own their own production line so they would have to outsource it. Delivery time and costs are also increases due to the fact that your copy/copies have to be made from scratch and due to the small nr. of copies. As you may or may not know, larger nr. = lower prices per unit.

Both cases involve time and money spent by BIS on the production of the DVD's and the delivery costs to a central warehouse from where BIS can distribute them and money spent by you on the courier/post service for the delivery of the DVD(s).

I say it's not worth it :)

:D LOLz

@Minoza

Damu is probably talking about the physical copy that you can buy at retail chains or through online game stores.

+1!

I love the look of the game on my shelf! hehe.

Yes, me too. Im already sad for not having BAF/PMC boxes. Or maybe sell boxes as an option with digital for those who want them?

I would like a box, and glad it will be so. Think of all the people in that chain that will have another contract in the real world to keep afloat instead of streamlined domination through the net. Funny how now we are lead to believe that these things are "hassle".

Reminds me of people working in stores helping people to use self help checkouts, sort of like being handed your P45 in slow motion.

Anyway, off topic I suppose, but I want the box oh yes. Also BIS should supply a map with it too sort some kind of offer for this ether way.

Physical copy at BI store would be the choice for me I want BIS to get the most money from my purchase as possible but I also like physical copies of my games unless they're dirt cheap on Steam or are small games/ DLC's.

Collectors edition for me would be a steel book case, an awesome map print out, a Don't disturb me Im scuba diving in Arma 3 door cling and a nice Czech beer :D

I would pay 100 dollars for this.

BIS MAKE IT SO!

Umm more then likely they will come out with a box for the game due to getting a box for A2 and and whole collection box that included A2OA, PMC, BAF and even included a Huge Map of the content of the games so im sure w/o a doubt A3 will have the same hopfuly with a Map too ;)

Physical copy is great for people like me that have really sh*t internet. If A3 is 10 GBs in size that'd be about a 1 week download.

I would Very Much Like To See a Boxed Bundle of Arma X+Take On+Arma 3 in one big bundle.

Some are very dificult to get in Scandinavia as Boxed version and if the Computer breaks down

and you have to reinstall you lose what you paid for .And I want some extra stuff in there in a

Platinum edition too.

It would be Great if we easely coud get our hands on Take On Helicopters helis in time for the new game too.

This is a day one game for me-and a lot others -if we can get it as a Boxed version.

This is indeed something I would buy (If released at the same time as A3)