Sign in to follow this  
DeLaVega

Faced the enemy carrier between islands .... and how do I proceed then?

Hi all,

I have only played a short time yet, but during this time a few questions grew in my mind.

One of my islands has been attacked, so I wanted to sail there with the carrier. Don`t know, if this is necessary at all, but, since you can`t control/ play the island`s defences I thought I better go there personally.

In the proximity of the island I faced the enemy carrier. I couldn`t start any of the vehicles, so I assumed I might be too far off of the shore. I noticed that the carrier defends itself against enemy Mantas, so I thought it will be the same now.

The enemy carrier steered directly towards me with guns blazing, damaging my ship... But no automatic response from my side. Hm, I guessed that I`m supposed to open fire manually, so I turned the ship and tried to pursuit the enemy, but I wasn`t able to left-click the enemy on the map, neither did it work to click anywhere on the open sea. Since I wasn`t in the mood to manually steer the ship the whole time until catching up I turned away... leaving a weird feeling of complete helplessness.

So, I thought it`s better to ask some people who know this game better than me.

I appreciate any help/ clarification in that matter.

Best regards,

Michèl

Take it on manually and feel the warm glow as you send it to the bottom without AI assistance.

Manned the plasma turret, position your carrier accordingly. Try to destroy the enemy plasma turret 1st.

The rest is pretty easy, there's still a bug that AI wont automatically take over your turret sometimes.

Thanks, guys! I loaded an old save game where I met the enemy carrier again and this time it even worked with launching Manta`s and Walruses. The walruses sunk it after 10 minutes. :-)

However, I was not able to left click the enemy carrier in front of the island at first. It always opened the island menu instead of issuing the attack order, maybe that needs to be fixed as well?

I faced the enemy carrier last night and drove it off, but I found I could not tell my units to attack it at all. I had no problem telling them to attack the enemy carrier units, but not the carrier itself. I mean I think the carrier is toast anyway as its a wreck and all its units are dead, and I'm attacking its factory island right now, but it did pretty much mean that I didn't finish the game right there.

I did find that launching my units a bit before engaging and holding them back till the battle had begun was the way to go.

I have found that problem with the Island as well. I had to zoom right in to select the Enemy carrier, which was annoying.

By the way, anyone know if the enemy carrier in the full game will have a different design than your carrier?