Sign in to follow this  
someguywho

Someguywho's A-TACS

Seeing as I had multiple requests (2) and I was looking at doing them anyway I swear so here they are.

arma2oa2012-05-1622-52-07-48.jpg

arma2oa2012-05-1622-48-45-14.jpg

arma2oa2012-05-1622-49-31-75.jpg

*M4's not included (Really should turn that addon off when taking pics)*

Mirrors

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?437dcq3h48o4xe1

ArmA2Base.de

A-TACS by Someguywho

Armaholic

A-TACS v1.0

Edited by someguywho

ah sweet :D nice work :)

not wanting to sound picky, but are the woodland colours included? I'm not at home so cant try them out right now

ah sweet :D nice work :)

not wanting to sound picky, but are the woodland colours included? I'm not at home so cant try them out right now

Just desert at the mo. I'll see how they go

Looks really good. Is it like the US4CES pattern part of a field testing program? Now we can compare how it performs in Arma2 at least. ;) Thx!

Woodland Version is called ATACS FGS.

We have our own private ATACS Camo Units and i can sure es hell tell you that, for some reason, the effect of the camo does actually WORK ingame. At a range of 100 to 200m you will notice that the soldier seems to "blur" with the background. At 300+m he is almost invisible if no graphics are changed in your settings and you use AA as well as high texture quality.

*edit*

You seem to have some nasty texturecliping on some parts of the units, especially the helmet and on the Platecarrier on the lower sides as well as the rareside of the pants.

Edited by fluttershy

ATACS? Do the Americans have a new camo again? They change camos like gloves lol :).

P.S. It doesn't seem to be actually working in game. The GI turns into dark pixel at 500 + meters in any camo, so u can easily spot him.

No ATACS is not considered by the US-Forces anymore, if it ever has been. But some Operators actually wear ATACS in oversee missions. At least the once allowed to wear what ever they want (just a few proud men).

Apart from that, mostly Airsoft and Paintball players enjoy the journey into Digital Camo land with ATACS.

Just a short feedback:

The textures are just marvelous. And they indeed work great in Arma2. It's just a pity that this pattern hasn't been chosen to replace the current ACU. As for the game the decision should be clear.