Sign in to follow this  
BlueWolf

Request Idea XCom UFO Addon Mod

I have tried coming up with an idea for a mod that I would really enjoy playing

as an old school player I remember playing X-COM: UFO Defense back in the day

and how creepy it was then imagined how much more fun & creepy it might be

to play such a mod for Arma2.

the way I would imagine it would be as close to the old game as possible.

Alien UFO craft carrying little Grey aliens with big eyes invade towns and cities, They Run freely around the woods at night armed

with plasma rifles while US West Troops start out at first with our modern weapons & vehicles that seem to be outclassed when compared

to facing the alien raced onslaught.

Soldiers West can obtain technology from the aliens from dead corpses & captured UFO craft then take it back to base

for reverse engineering research. eventually upgrading their own weapons to be able to manufacture & reproduce to match the aliens.

research takes time ..and meanwhile the little Grey aliens start killing innocent civilians in the citys & towns.

you must protect earth at all costs!

once a plasma rifle is researched you have to capture alien craft to obtain alien alloys to reproduce the new weapons with..

that takes a team effort because normally alien ufo's are well guarded.. and you need a pickup truck to load

it into the cargo ...next you research plasma grenades for Bigger Booms.

ships come in small to large sizes and the larger the catch the larger the Alloy bounty =the harder it is to capture.

I would love to create it myself but I simply do not have the time so I am hoping one of you catches onto the idea and runs with it!

X_COM_UFO_aliens___tribute_by_I2ebis.jpg

helpful links:

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Weapons

I would love to create it myself but I simply do not have the time so I am hoping one of you catches onto the idea and runs with it!

i am certain that is NOT the only reason.

i am certain that is NOT the only reason.

what kind of a comment is that? what is with you people..

I can model3d very well in milkshape or lightwave 3d -I do not have the time to relearn yet another 3d software like oxygen2

being that I cant simply convert .3ds or .obj because the of the 3d format..

I can hold my own in syntax scripting xml -I do not have the time to learn all about scripting in arma2.

is that what you meant ? that I can't ? *sigh* wtvr kiddo

Edited by BlueWolf

I thought we came to the conclusion you would start searching before posting? Time for a official warning than.