Sign in to follow this  
bright4pets

Trouble Installing ArmA 2 - File Copy Error

Any help would be appreciated.

Error in setup: File copy error (CRC does not match). C:\Program files:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\Addons\misc2pbo

I downloaded from Amazon.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Alienware

System Model: Area 51

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 12278MB RAM

Page File: 2989MB used, 21566MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x689C)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_25421002&REV_00

Display Memory: 3784 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1997 MB

Shared Memory: 1787 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

This is old news this type of error happens almost all the time with amazon, your better off buying the disc.

But search the forums here with "CRC does not match in your subject".

Just an idea, if you have that file -->misc2pbo then delete it and reinstall

find the file here-->C:\Program files:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\Addons

I have read the treads from people with the same problem and they all had the disk, and everyone blamed their DVD drive.

I found an answer in a old post and got further in the install until it froze. Now it is stuck at C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Uninstall.csv

Well, I got a reply from Codemasters this morning and it was actually pretty darn helpful. ***I GOT IT WORKING!! *** ***

I'll post the fix here, in case anyone else runs into a similar problem. I don't want anyone to go through the psychological trauma that I had to experience yesterday when I discovered that my much anticipated OFPR would not install.

Here's the Codemasters Fix:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're still trying to track down a fix for this, we've determined that it

isn't the CD although it might be an incompatibility between the copy

protection scheme on the CD and the CDROM drive/hard drive or ? ***Until we

find a 'fix' the following 'workaround', while not very elegant :-), has

worked so far:

Create a temporary folder (using My Computer or Explorer, go to File--> New

Folder and give it a name, for example "Flash") on your hard drive (make

sure you have plenty of free hard drive space!

Using Windows Explorer or My Computer copy (Ctrl-A is the shortcut keys for

Select All; Ctrl-C for Copy) the entire contents of the CD to that temporary

folder (Ctrl-V for Paste).

Then rename the file "setup.crc" to "setup.bak" so the installer program

can't locate it.

Then double-click on "setup.exe" (if you don't see the 'exe' it will have an

icon of floppy disks in front of 'setup' from your temporary folder.

After the installation is complete, you can delete the temporary folder.

Thank you,

John

Codemasters USA

Technical Support

<span id='postcolor'>

P.S. Avon Lady, perhaps you could add this to your FAQ?

Edited by Max Power

Good deal, and smart to include the info of what u did or found, to help others with same issue.

[sarcasm]Someone care to explain what Codemasters has to do with ArmA 2?[/sarcasm]

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;2152831']Someone care to explain what Codemasters has to do with ArmA 2?

I'm hoping it's a joke.

Someone care to explain what Codemasters has to do with ArmA 2?

Ok,

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis was the first of the OFP series, developed by BI and published by Codemasters in 2001.

another story:

Bohemia Interactive originally developed the first Operation Flashpoint game for publisher Codemasters. That game was released in 2001. Since then Bohemia has struck out on its own and made their own military shooter games under the ArmA title. The first was released in 2007 and the sequel, ArmA II is due out later this year. Codemasters, however, kept the rights to the Operation Flashpoint name and in 2007 announced their plans to release Operation Flashpoint 2, using an internal development team at the company.

Even though Codemasters made their intentions clear two years ago, Bohemia Interactive is just now going after Codemasters over their claim that Codemasters is making a sequel to Operation Flashpoint. In a press release today, Bohemia Interactive stated they have sent Codemasters a letter from their attorneys " . . . protesting Codemasters' marketing tactics which tout Codemasters' upcoming game Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising as the "return of" or "official sequel to" the genre-defining game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. "

While Bohemia admits that Codemasters does have the rights to the Operation Flashpoint title, Bohemia 's attorney claims, "In the license agreement, Bohemia Interactive expressly reserved the exclusive right to develop sequels to the original OFP game,"Bohemia Interactive CEO Marek Spanel adds, "Since Codemasters has no right to use the Bohemia Interactive game engine or any other component of the Bohemia-developed game, how can it rightfully claim to produce a 'sequel'?"

Spanel states, "We can't stop Codemasters from releasing a game using the words Operation Flashpoint. But it is not right to promote this game as the 'official sequel to the multi-award winning Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis or the 'return' of Bohemia Interactive's 'genre-defining military conflict simulator.' The awards were given for the game created by Bohemia Interactive - not to a name." There's no word yet if Bohemia plans to turn this "protest" into a full fledged lawsuit if they do not get what they want from Codemasters. So far Codemasters has not yet responded to Bohemia's protest.

also: the name game

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/117-the-name-game-codemasters-marketing-of-new-ofp-creates-confusion-provokes-protest

heres a thread here that discuss it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?120616-Bohemia-Interactive-Codemasters

so in other words Bis made the engine, codemasters had the name, codem were to make a sequal to OFP, then as you read BIS created a new name which started the Arma series.

not sure if you know but codemasters OFP2 was a flop, as far as I know i actually went out and baught this piece of donkey, tried it once, and never played it again.

anyways there is a thread for this topic if u wish to discuss or read more, as this is offtopic now,

go here http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?30-OFFTOPIC&order=desc for offtopic.

mods will frown on this, and lock the thread if we keep going.

so hope that helps clear things up, back on topic.

I think you may have missed Myke's sarcasm there Gunter! I think Myke is wondering why Codies are answering support requests for Arma 2 when they and BI parted ways before Arma came out. Although I suspect that the post was trawled from an old OFP thread.

when I discovered that my much anticipated OFPR would not install.

Hello mister troll.

lol Günter. Edited my post, now it should be more obvious. ;)

But nonetheless i do appreciate your effort. :D

It is indeed a troll. Reposted from this thread and twisted around a bit. Originally posted by Lazarus_Long. The comment about the Avon Lady really gave it away.

Edited by Nicholas

It is indeed a troll. Reposted from this thread and twisted around a bit. Originally posted by Lazarus_Long. The comment about the Avon Lady really gave it away.

Hmmm....although i agree with the "Troll" part, it looks more like he quoted from the thread you've found, forgetting to use quote tags.

lol Günter. Edited my post, now it should be more obvious.

But nonetheless i do appreciate your effort.

Shit, I missed that it was you Myke, I just seen what was said and went from there, lol

I have read the treads from people with the same problem and they all had the disk, and everyone blamed their DVD drive.

I found an answer in a old post and got further in the install until it froze. Now it is stuck at C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Uninstall.csv

Well, I got a reply from Codemasters this morning and it was actually pretty darn helpful. ***I GOT IT WORKING!! *** ***

I'll post the fix here, in case anyone else runs into a similar problem. I don't want anyone to go through the psychological trauma that I had to experience yesterday when I discovered that my much anticipated OFPR would not install.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're still trying to track down a fix for this, we've determined that it

protection scheme on the CD and the CDROM drive/hard drive or ? ***Until we

worked so far:

sure you have plenty of free hard drive space!

can't locate it.

icon of floppy disks in front of 'setup' from your temporary folder.

Thank you,

John

Codemasters USA

Technical Support

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I got a reply from Codemasters this morning and it was actually pretty darn helpful. I GOT IT WORKING!! http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboard301/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboard301/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboard301/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

protection scheme on the CD and the CDROM drive/hard drive or ? Until we

worked so far:

sure you have plenty of free hard drive space!http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboard301/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

can't locate it.

icon of floppy disks in front of 'setup'http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboard301/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif from your temporary folder.

Thank you,

John

Codemasters USA

Technical Support

<span id='postcolor'>

Welcome to banville, spambot.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Well, his details have been reported to an internet wide anti spam service. I hope it was worth it for him.

As pointed out, it seems like this was not a spam bot and more of someone quoting an old post without quoting the text properly. I've undone the actions.

Bright4Pets

Please use quotes when you're quoting, otherwise it looks like you're a spambot that's collecting random data to try to increase your post count and get around the premoderation.