Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Animated series

What are the best animated TV series...I'm listing my top ten, but you guys may know of some that i have forgotten -

10. King of the Hill

9. Aargh it's the Mr. Hell Show!

8. Ren & Stimpy

7. Dilbert

6. Undergrads

5. South Park

4. The Family Guy

3. Futurama

2. Duckman

1. The Simpsons

Honourable mentions to: Pinky and the Brain, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life. Spongebob Squarepants, The Tick, Earthworm Jim, Cow and Chicken and I Am Weasel...

smile.gif

I have to say that the Simpsons are #1. No other series have such continuity as the Simpsons. 13 seasons and i'm still watching it every time.

This is a little bit offtopic, but old Donald Duck movies are pretty entertaining too.

// cam0flage

Simpsons, Futurama, Southpark, Dilbert .. all fun.

Old Donald Duck movies are great! So much higher quality then today's Disney productions. I specially like the ones done during WW2 - for instance "In the Füher's Face" is brilliant. Too bad that Disney has decided not to sell them today. I wonder why - are they afraid that children will learn that the Nazis were the bad guys?

Edit: Oh, oh oh, How could I forget: Nr 1: Cow & Chicken! smile.gif

cow~1.jpe

6acow2.jpg

I must admit a dirty little secret. I just started watching PPG (Power Puff Girls) and I laugh my ass off smile.gif Same kinda vein as ren & stimpy!! And all the other ones you guys mentioned. =)

Bring back Duckman Damnit!!!! Jason Alexander needs the work!!!

Ren & Stimpy is my top favourite! The episode where they sell rubber nipples and the one where Stimpy goes through puperty are killers.

alg_bigday01.jpg

My second favourite is South Park.

Simpsons aren't fun anymore. They've dropped down to about number 10 on my list

From the american animated series I like The Simpsons. And when I was smaller I liked Duck Tales.

But normally I prefer japanese animes. My favourite ones are: Kentaro Miura`s "Berserk" and "The Hakkenden", also "Yoma".

Yeah, I like the Powerpuff Girls DVD where they have a commentary track by one of the villains in character... it's kind of like releasing the original Star Wars on DVD with a commentary by Darth Vader smile.gif.

I like the simpsons, futurama and south park. I used to like Dragonball when i was a little kid, but i find it very lame now.

the simpsons still remains on top for my list, but just barely. i miss pinky and the brain.... sad.gif

the pinky and the brain, the pinky and the brian, ones is smart..the others insane, the pinky the pinky and brain brain brain brain.....

The Simpsons can't compete with Family Guy or King of the Hill

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snoopy @ June 18 2002,18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the pinky and the brain, the pinky and the brian, ones is smart..the others insane, the pinky the pinky and brain brain brain brain.....<span id='postcolor'>

If you're going to do it, do it right wink.gif

They're Pinky and the Brain

Pinky and the Brain

One is a genius, the others insane

To prove their mousy worth

They'll overthrow the earth,

They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain.

biggrin.gif

It was way funnier when it was just a segment of animaniacs. I loved the little non sequitors of Pinky.

Pinky, Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Narf, yes Brain, but burlap chafes me so...

or

Pinky, AYPWIP?

Yes brain, but where will we find rubber pants in our size?

It's really old school, but I love Robotech. It was the series that introduced me to anime, and it will always have a special place in my heart. And at CDN $65 per box set time seven sets, it's got a special place in my pocket book as well wink.gif

I am also a closet Ranma 1/2 fanatic wink.gif

What is King of the Hill? I don't think we have that one in my country...

Damn it feels like ages since I watched any of these shows! I liked them ALL! Some of the Japanese ones were good.

King of Hills is an animated series focused on Texan family named Hills. SOme of their creators are from the Simpsons, like Futurama.

redneck version of the Simpsons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 18 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">King of Hills is an animated series focused on Texan family named Hills. SOme of their creators are from the Simpsons, like Futurama.

redneck version of the Simpsons<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure about that? The creator of King of the Hill is Mike Judge, who also created Beavis and Butthead.

But I will be glad to admit I am wrong if I am wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 18 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 18 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">King of Hills is an animated series focused on Texan family named Hills. SOme of their creators are from the Simpsons, like Futurama.

redneck version of the Simpsons<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure about that?  The creator of King of the Hill is Mike Judge, who also created Beavis and Butthead.

But I will be glad to admit I am wrong if I am wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

if i remember correctly, yes.

my memory serves me that some of KoH's creators are from the simpsons.

dang old man, you jus' go on t' that world wide web thing, jes go t' dubyadubyadubya dot com, jes clickclickclickclick- its real easy man.

Thats Boomhower from King of The Hill

I stand corrected:

Richard Appel

Lolee Aries

Joseph A Boucher

Jonathan Collier

Greg Daniels

Hell, I am bored at looking at all the producers. But then, since both are Fox shows, you'd have to expect a lot of movement in the series producers. smile.gif

I'll still stand by my assertions that as Matt Groening is the 'creator' of the Simpsons and Mike Judge is the 'creator' of King of the Hill, that they arent really releated wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 18 2002,22:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dang old man, you jus' go on t' that world wide web thing, jes go t' dubyadubyadubya dot com, jes clickclickclickclick- its real easy man.

Thats Boomhower from King of The Hill<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

Boomhower cracks me up..

Family Guy leaves me rolling....especially little baby Stewy...hehehe

"Lets see you stop my evil plan if you are......INCASED IN FROZEN CARBONITE!"

lol

love that show....

1. Simpsons

2. King of the Hill

3. Family Guy

4. South Park

5. Foturama

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ June 18 2002,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favorite:

1.The Simpsons

2.The Family Guy

3.Undergrads

4.The Oblongs

5.Mission Hill<span id='postcolor'>

Forgot all about mission hill, yeah...that was quite a good show... smile.gif

I always liked Bugs Bunny shows. They sure as hell beat the shit out of those corny Mickey Mouse cartoons. "Uhhhh... look Mickey, that's too much water !" give me a break.

I still watch them on occasion but for some reason at the age of 21 I no longer feel entertained by the same cartoons I watched as a 6 year old. I wonder if age and maturity could have anything to do with it.

The only animated show now I watch are the Simpsons, though their newest episodes are pretty stinky so I usually laugh a lot more to the reruns.

Other than that I doubt there is anything else worthy watching, I mean what do you suggest, a fucking Pikachu ?