Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

A few questions about IF

will there be the BF-109? one of the most known german plane!

and, it is said "campaign of 8 missions" but is it 8 missions in total, or 8 mission on german side and 8 missions on russian side?

moreover, will it be available in french?

will there be SP missions too? and about the SP missions and the campaign, if it will be only infantry, or if there will be pilot mission and tank crewman mission.

last but not least, if we will always be in charge of a squad, or if we'll have mission in which we just follow orders given by someone (like our sgt our ltn).

thanks

and, it is said "campaign of 8 missions" but is it 8 missions in total, or 8 mission on german side and 8 missions on russian side?

8 missions for each side.

moreover, will it be available in french?

Yes.

Will modding be :

(1) Possible ?

(2) Supported ?

I assume it should, if it isn't I might do a refund to be honest...

I just expected it would be there since it's the OA engine.

Yay! Just pre-ordered this from the BI Store. I can't wait to have some awesome tank battles!

Something not yet clear from the various previews is whether there will be a third playable side in the game, for instance as the Polish Home Army or as partisans on the Independent side. Only the two main opposing forces have been covered to date and I have not yet seen anything on other playable factions.

Regards,

Sander

Something not yet clear from the various previews is whether there will be a third playable side in the game, for instance as the Polish Home Army or as partisans on the Independent side. Only the two main opposing forces have been covered to date and I have not yet seen anything on other playable factions.

Regards,

Sander

You may read this interview at OFPEC, where the answer to your question is : no independant side available.

Thanks for the link. Resistance fighters are a worthwhile subject for an addon then.

Regards,

Sander

Have they released a demo of Iron Front: Liberation 1944?

No public Demo. They'll release the full game in the next week as said.

Will modding be :

(1) Possible ?

(2) Supported ?

Basing on this SimHQ preview, modding will be possible and supported:

The BI Arma 2 world is ripe with tons of add-ons and user mods. Does Iron Front follow in Arma 2’s footsteps? Yes, Iron Front supports modding, and mods from Arma 2. But what would stop someone from using modern weaponry in Iron Front? The damage system in Iron Front will not allow it. For example, it's useless to try to hit with an M1 Abrams a T-34 tank because it has a different damage system. A hacker can’t make a cheat of the NVA and UVA. It was not determined at the time of publishing this preview if Battleye would be included in Iron Front as an additional incentive to not try and cheat. With that said, there is the signature system that protects against modifications of game data.

I also remember one other interview or preview which said the devs are going to support modders, but i cant find it. I try looking for it.

Basing on this SimHQ preview, modding will be possible and supported:

I also remember one other interview or preview which said the devs are going to support modders, but i cant find it. I try looking for it.

Great. That would be strange that a team of ex-modders wouldn't ensure modding possibilities.

More questions;

1) Will AtoC=0 be the default value for IF?

Yes, i know how and where it can be changed, but all the new players don't.

2) Can u disable in MP/SP the automated squad messages e.g. "Enemy, 200 m blaa blaa"?

I generally hate those messages, especially when driving a tank or whatnot but the worst is when u are too far away from squad leader and he keeps saying the "Form on me" or whatnot every few seconds. Annoying. PR did good job removing them.

3) I could not find in those most recent videos what happens when u are hit by another tank in IF? Will u hear a huge penetration sound and get your ears ringing etc. Or is the the vA2 effect aka a fly hitting the tank.

Edited by Atkins

will the messerschmitt bf-109 available in the game? one of the most known and popular plane of WWII...

3) Can you switch roles/squads without disconnecting from the game like in PR? Or is the squad mechanics going to be same as in vA2?

will the messerschmitt bf-109 available in the game? one of the most known and popular plane of WWII...

So far no ... its the Fokker Wulf Fw-190, and the Ju 87 Stuka for the Wehrmacht

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.356393031090516.87998.165319130197908&type=1

and the Petlyakov Pe-2 and (lend-lease) Bell P-39 Airacobra for the Red Army

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.349066225156530.86736.165319130197908&type=3

I'm not sure about historical details, but the iconic Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik, the most abundantly produced aircraft in the history of aviation, is also missing. I'm hopeful there will be lots of moded add-ons coming out at some point. The I44 mod of ArmaII has

Allied - B-17 Flying Fortress, Douglas C-47A Skytrain, Lockheed P-38 Lightning, P-51D Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt, Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIa, Spitfire Mk.Ia., Hawker Typhoon

Axis - Bf-109E4, Bf-109F2, Bf-109G6, Ju-52/3mg5e, Ju-87, Me-262, Me-262A

We all hope that we will see more of IF top quality models soon... :rolleyes:

Question:

I have the feeling that there is no sign on the german soldiers:

I mean, they are Wehrmacht, but there is no Waffen-SS: it's a bit stranger, because they were quite numerous on the eastern front.

Why that? Not to shock people?

Or did I just not see?

Question:

I have the feeling that there is no sign on the german soldiers:

I mean, they are Wehrmacht, but there is no Waffen-SS: it's a bit stranger, because they were quite numerous on the eastern front.

Why that? Not to shock people?

Or did I just not see?

Because it forbidden by german laws.

That's why swastika was replaced a cross, for example.

and we can't use some terms in game, like SS, Hitler, e.t.c

Oh?!

And yet, in many games, there is the swastika, or the SS or Hitler or all this kind of thing.

strange thing the collective memory is...

Oh?!

And yet, in many games, there is the swastika, or the SS or Hitler or all this kind of thing.

strange thing the collective memory is...

Games are usually altered to be made legal within Germany.