Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

My how this mod has come! I never would have expected it when Drow and I created this that it would actually hold on and continue. Outstanding gents! Keep it up!

Well its actually Unsung Mk III Now :) MKI being Drow and yourself, then MKII Roger, PGI etc ...

Yes we come a long way we may have kept the unsung name but we have grown and aged :P like the mod.

Hope to see you on the battlefield with Drow for old time's sake ;)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Hello everyone!

Time for the Second Island Trailer!

This time, we visit the SEA Island and see some of the new units featured in 2.5!

New Island video coming tomorrow :cool:

Fuck yes, can't wait for this mod!

Arclight, well done on the trailers mate :D

this is us right now on our server

nam4_zps2699eedb.jpg

Great work!!!! Simply mouth-wateringly AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait for the release. I had a question though, idk if it has been asked before so if so please disregard this. Are there any plans for an ACAV version of the M113? I was just watching the latest vid, and thought how badazz it would be alongside the Sheridan and others. Keep up the great work!!!!

Wow!!!!! Unsung Team, those are some very awesome island teasers!! Now I most definitely cannot wait for the release of this version of this god awesome mod!!

Could I ask if there will be any conflicting issues with mission made with Unsung 2.0? Meaning, if I made a mission with 2.0, can the mission still work on 2.5? Just wondering because I am in the process of making a mission and I'm thinking if I should go ahead or wait for the 2.5 release.

Thanks, and once again, this is beautiful!

Damian

Great work!!!! Simply mouth-wateringly AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait for the release. I had a question though, idk if it has been asked before so if so please disregard this. Are there any plans for an ACAV version of the M113? I was just watching the latest vid, and thought how badazz it would be alongside the Sheridan and others. Keep up the great work!!!!

No ACAV this time around unfortunately :(

Wow!!!!! Unsung Team, those are some very awesome island teasers!! Now I most definitely cannot wait for the release of this version of this god awesome mod!!

Could I ask if there will be any conflicting issues with mission made with Unsung 2.0? Meaning, if I made a mission with 2.0, can the mission still work on 2.5? Just wondering because I am in the process of making a mission and I'm thinking if I should go ahead or wait for the 2. release.

Thanks, and once again, this is beautiful!

Damian

I strongly suggest you wait just a little longer to make your mission since, there has been extensive editing of nearly all files since 2.0 and now is obsolete our next release will a complete replacement

A bit offtopic, but Savage, where do you host the Unsung community? It's been a while since I was playing and Armanam is off. I can't find any Unsung MP related forum with WarriorX, CSJ, yourself etc.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh amazing!!!. will 2.5 come with 60's track for the editor

A bit offtopic, but Savage, where do you host the Unsung community? It's been a while since I was playing and Armanam is off. I can't find any Unsung MP related forum with WarriorX, CSJ, yourself etc.

Armanam is gone, however we are in the process of making a new unsung website. Eggbeast has organised a dedicated server which will hopefully have nam Dom & Evo MP games ready before release. The guys you mentioned have moved on , apart from CSJ whom contacted me recently.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh amazing!!!. will 2.5 come with 60's track for the editor

Not exactly , but we have virtual radio station system which plays 60's music along with nam era radio commercials from our transistor radio model. All files are played randomly one after another. Currently there are 84 tracks which should give plenty of variation and no 2 sessions will be the same. More songs can be added later.

awesome - can we get Big Pickle to nab your audio to put into our mission - at the moment we have looping 60's rock in the combat outpost

I don't see the point mate, the am radio transmissions have been mixed down to sound like a AM transistor radio. It will be a key feature in 2.5. All that needs to be done is place the radio down on the map and it will play out to 50m.

Again I'm not really sure what you asking.

Contact me on skype ;)

Okay people! It's time for the third trailer! This time we take a look at the New Island Cao Bang.

New trailer tomorrow as usual!

/Arclight

I don't see the point mate, the am radio transmissions have been mixed down to sound like a AM transistor radio. It will be a key feature in 2.5. All that needs to be done is place the radio down on the map and it will play out to 50m.

Again I'm not really sure what you asking.

Contact me on skype ;)

ah ok i thought you meant they were only available on some website / internet radio thing. if they're in game then sweet, saves us the coding!

temptations track in the trailer was lovely.

Hey guys, thanks for the reply. I had another quick question, that may or may not have already been asked. I read that 2.5 runs using the Arma2 OA/CO, does that mean that you'll be able to use backpacks and stuff like that from OA/CO? Also just an aside, I've been playing Uns 2.0 and found that the regular AI soldiers don't ever shoot at helicopters. The heli's take absolutely no ground fire when coming in to make a landing. But as soon as the skids touch down all hell breaks loose. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for the help! Can't wait for 2.5

Hey guys, thanks for the reply. I had another quick question, that may or may not have already been asked. I read that 2.5 runs using the Arma2 OA/CO, does that mean that you'll be able to use backpacks and stuff like that from OA/CO? Also just an aside, I've been playing Uns 2.0 and found that the regular AI soldiers don't ever shoot at helicopters. The heli's take absolutely no ground fire when coming in to make a landing. But as soon as the skids touch down all hell breaks loose. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for the help! Can't wait for 2.5

try our server - working backpacks (albeit added with a script) and the helis get regularly shot down

Regarding the backpacks as eggbeast stated they can only be used if scripted. We had 4 people assigned to remove them join the team but none of them delivered :(

This time around you will need OA to run 2.5

Hello everyone!

It's time for the fourth Island trailer! This time we visit the Ia Drang Valley!

New trailer coming tomorrow as usual, so stay tuned.

/Arclight

nice! bit of deep purple for this one... we have that in our mission at the moment too

Hey, thanks EggBeast, Savage.

@EggBeast if its not too much trouble could you pm me the script you use to add the backpacks so I can add it to the mission I'm making?

Hey, thanks EggBeast, Savage.

@EggBeast if its not too much trouble could you pm me the script you use to add the backpacks so I can add it to the mission I'm making?

download this

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolution_tavi_v2.tavi.pbo

then take out the scripts:

backpacks.sqf --> preloaded backpacks available at each rank

bpackmenu.sqf --> action menu selection of backpacks

loadoutrecorder.sqf --> script the remembers your loadout for when you die

spawn.sqf --> see the part that re-adds your back[pack when you respawn

pinit.sqf --> initialise player - may have some reference to backpacks in it

and in the mission.sqm:

the trigger with the word backpack in it and the backpack pile referenced in the trigger with a distance equation.

the trigger that recognises your stance in gear menu and saves your loadout

you may need to decide about taking off the ranks if you don't have a rank management system