Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

Outstanding video and work on that huey ! can't wait for the release of the 2.5 ! by the way are you planning to fix the m16 glitch ? the left hand position is getting through the magazine

Looks amazing. Too bad theres still way too few planes. I really wish someone made a High Quality A4 Skyhawk. And a F8 Crusader. But make no mistake, I will play this mod for hours and hours haha. And i would apreciate if someone could try to make the napalm look more realistic.

I raise my glass to the Unsung Team.

We have added new planes , the Mig17 in 2 colours and weapon configurations and an F4 phantom.But that's gonna be it as far as planes this time round.

We had to edit the Napalm since the old version lagged out really badly when you were too close to it.

Outstanding video and work on that huey ! can't wait for the release of the 2.5 ! by the way are you planning to fix the m16 glitch ? the left hand position is getting through the magazine

There's a bit of work to do on our weapons but, unfortunately they may not be any changes this time around :( . Yac started to do them but then we shifted focus to our amour units. We are still seeking the skills of a modeller and texture artist for to take care of the weapon upgrade.

Thanks mate, However we are snowed under at the moment with updating our current line up to take on other projects. Maybe in A3 we might expand to our Airforce ;)

Small update, Yac has his m48 in game. He has been experimenting with cargo slots that may or may not be included in the final version. These shots are still WIP ;)

c9459c4780163be8gen.jpg

full size

8f99d4f25d6199bfgen.jpg

full size

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Definitely looks great! I like the Soldier slots on top of the Tank =). Also. Implementing the A7 Corsair shouldnt be that difficult. Just ask for permission and find someone who can paint it in Navy Gray haha. Perhaps even add the name of a Carrier (Coral Sea, Constellation or Hancock)? :)

Just a quick question, did you guys fix the problem where you can't use standard ArmA 20 round STANAG magazines with the weapon? (Not meaning the 18 round thing, they actually did that as you know).

Just a quick question, did you guys fix the problem where you can't use standard ArmA 20 round STANAG magazines with the weapon? (Not meaning the 18 round thing, they actually did that as you know).

Wasn't aware of that but ,why would you want a 20 round STANAG for? We have 30 round m16 ammo clips ;)

Well, with the UNS M16 that uses its own 20 Round magazines (and bumps it down to 18) you're unable to use vanilla ArmA 20 Rnd STANAG's with the weapon. CAR-15 uses 30Rnd. STANAG, but the 20Rnd STANAG's are used with the M16.

Ok i understand what your saying now , its not a bug then its the way the mod is set up. Most, if not all full conversion mods use their own ammo load outs and don't use vanilla arma.

If you want to change it for your personal use that's fine :)

I wrote to Aplion (the creator of the A-7 Corsair for HAFM) and he said he could "repaint" it into a fitting color if he had to. I just really think that you guys should take this opportunity to include the amazing aircraft that is the A-7 Corsair.

Can you atleast show it to your people and consider it, Sgt Savage?

Thanks for the info, Savage :)

Also, with Marines in OD utilities, I noticed that the ACE ALICE pack and the standard Backpack looks as if they're hanging off the guy's back and onto his arm. Know anything about that?

Our units were never modeled with removable packs in mind back when they were originally made. However, echo 121 aka Dom is currently working on them now and is adding new pack proxies to the units so this should fix the issue you described.

Does the 2.5 version include new sounds and optimized maps? And could you tell me if it's possible to change some audio in the current version, like the AK and M16. If so please tell me how.

Does the 2.5 version include new sounds and optimized maps?

Yes all sounds have been overhauled in 2.5 including new reload & shot sounds. Also all our vehicles and equipment have received a new sound suite. The mod overall has been optimized to run with a 15-20 % increase over 2.1 as reported by our Beta testers. As far as our old island they are still the same. However, our new island Cao Bang has is about on PAR with Monkalb's MBG Nam as far as FPS is concerned however this map is a lot bigger.

And could you tell me if it's possible to change some audio in the current version, like the AK and M16. If so please tell me how.

You can find what you need here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?79935-Arma-2-Sound-Modding-101

Yes all sounds have been overhauled in 2.5 including new reload & shot sounds. Also all our vehicles and equipment have received a new sound suite. The mod overall has been optimized to run with a 15-20 % increase over 2.1 as reported by our Beta testers. As far as our old island they are still the same. However, our new island Cao Bang has is about on PAR with Monkalb's MBG Nam as far as FPS is concerned however this map is a lot bigger.

Being the Map designer and a Aussie you should definitely place a random rubber plantation with a play on words of long tan for the name... :P

Edited by Scarecrow398

Yeah Yeah I see your point :). We are focusing on getting the mod out don't have the time this time around to start changing maps up. Later down the track maybe :)

Yeah Yeah I see your point :). We are focusing on getting the mod out don't have the time this time around to start changing maps up. Later down the track maybe :)

Well, i tried, haha.

How's your to-do list coming along anyway?

Can't wait for v2.5! The anticipation has actually got me back into playing v2.1 just to get my fix for now.

Since you're showing off some of the new models, I felt the need to point out that the M16A1/CAR15 models should not have the brass deflector behind the ejection port. :cool:

That feature wasn't added until the A2 generation for the M16 and wasn't on the CAR15, with the exception of the XM177E1 variant, until the M4 Carbine. The current model for the M16A1 is essentially an M16A2 with the handguards of an A1. Not a major issue, but being a bit of a gun nut, I felt the need to let you all know in case you want to go that extra mile for period realism.

EDIT: After reading through the thread I saw this had already been brought up!

Were you guys ever able to find/create an alternative for the M119 155mm artillery piece for the US? The M119 didn't see service with the US until the late 1980's and that's always kind of stood out as an eyesore for me seeing them around the FOBs (though I'm sure most people don't realize or care). I figured I'd bring it up again since you appear to have some very capable modellers and texture artists cranking out new content for v2.5. The US 155mm artillery in Vietnam was the M114A1/XM123. However, the M114 is pretty large so if its size is an issue, I think even the M2A1 or M102 105mm artillery could work as adequate alternatives and any of them would go a long way towards completing the overall Vietnam feel/atmosphere, especially on the US firebases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M114_155_mm_howitzer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M101_howitzer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M102_howitzer

Edited by USMCLuke

Yes we are hoping to finally model a proper M101 howitzer this time around, something that has been missing since day one.

As far as the weapons are concerned they will not be altered this time around unless someone decides to lend the mod a hand at overhauling them :(

To be honest. Theres no need for Firebases in this mod. The required minimum range of the howitzers pretty much makes it unusable on such small maps. That is why I urge you to focus on making decent mortars instead. And jets. Dont forget about the jets. :)

P.S. I didnt get a response from you regarding the implementation of Aplion's A-7 Corsair?

Well when me and my boys tried on SEA map, the runway was too small for even the Skyraider to lift off. However, the map is big enough for Firebases, and it does seem realistic.

We're making an MSO on SEA, so that's why :P