Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

Will you add also M39 Hush puppy ??

I'll ask Yac , when he has time, I want that weapon too ;)

SGT_SAVAGE

oh new air and arty support menu and script, napalm bomb is asomwe.And you use JSRS mod for you mod?

I Don't Wanna Go To Vietnam :smiley-evil:

OOOOOOOmg so nice!!! That is F****** Napalm:flamethrower:

SGT_SAVAGE

oh new air and arty support menu and script, napalm bomb is asomwe.And you use JSRS mod for you mod?

I Don't Wanna Go To Vietnam :smiley-evil:

No they all our (unsung) custom original sounds made by me, no other sound mods used...

The support module is based on Geloxo's support script , kudos to you mate ;) however, Columdrum is customising it further and the interface is going to be a lot prettier when we are done ;)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Some of those voices are freakin hilarious! The one sounds like Liberace impersonating Rambo. :D:D:D

But it still looks excellent nonetheless!

Some of those voices are freakin hilarious! The one sounds like Liberace impersonating Rambo. :D:D:D

But it still looks excellent nonetheless!

"We killa most all of them" ?

Hi Unsung Team!

quick questions on factions - did i miss something or are all factions named the same?

side = "TCivilian";

faction = "UNSUNG";

vehicleClass = "uns_civilinf";

side = "TGuerrila";

faction = "UNSUNG";

vehicleClass = "uns_guerrillainf";

if thats intended, is there a way to force different faction-names like "UNS_CIV" or "UNS_VC" or "UNS_NVA"/"UNS_NVA66" etc. afterwards?

Aslo related, how could i set markernames for multi-respawns like "respawn_BIS_BAF" or "respawn_BIS_TK" etc. in Unsung Mod?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

HH

It's been a while guys, mod looks like it's really taking form! Any idea on a release date? :)

Hi Unsung Team!

quick questions on factions - did i miss something or are all factions named the same?

side = "TCivilian";

faction = "UNSUNG";

vehicleClass = "uns_civilinf";

side = "TGuerrila";

faction = "UNSUNG";

vehicleClass = "uns_guerrillainf";

if thats intended, is there a way to force different faction-names like "UNS_CIV" or "UNS_VC" or "UNS_NVA"/"UNS_NVA66" etc. afterwards?

Aslo related, how could i set markernames for multi-respawns like "respawn_BIS_BAF" or "respawn_BIS_TK" etc. in Unsung Mod?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

HH

Yes I think there were issues with the factions etc ...It has been corrected in the next release. However, I'm unfamiliar with what you are asking and therefore cannot answer your question sorry :confused_o:

It's been a while guys, mod looks like it's really taking form! Any idea on a release date? :)

A bit off yet the more we fix the more we find broken... we don't want to release it in alpha or beta state so that's why its taking so long.

again Music Vietnam War

In Country: Folk Songs of Americans in the Vietnam War http://the-ghosts.info/files/music/In_Country.rar

Songs from this album are written by soldiers of the Special Forces and the regular army. Some of them derive from the traditional music of the period of the earlier wars, others came from the merger of several styles of music the 50's and early 60's years, another part is written with an emphasis on rock, country and blues. According to General Edward Lansdale: "... they are dedicated to all Americans who fought in the South-East Asia, and express their emotions and feelings about the war, the people and distant land."

Vietnam Blues - Combat tested Blues http://the-ghosts.info/files/music/Vietnam_Blues.rar

Jungle sounds, distant roar of helicopters flying, the rustle of rain, thunder bursts of automatic ... Unfortunately, those who fought in Vietnam can not fully appreciate great music, words, sounds, recorded in this album. So says one of the veterans of that war.

This album does not apply fully to the 5th Special Forces Group, and is a kind of a departure from the main theme, but get to know him a must to anyone interested in the Vietnam War, or the opportunity to participate in it. It is sponsored by Sarge Lintecum, who served in Vietnam three terms in one of the secret special forces, and his girlfriend appeared later Leslie Nan Lintecum, recorded this CD in 1991.

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Complete with non-exist Shillelagh's? :D

As per WIKI " Firing the gun caused such a large recoil as to result in failures in the delicate missile firing electronics on the tank. These problems, in combination with the lack of suitable targets, resulted in the Sheridan's deployment to South Vietnam without the complex missile system."

So therefore maybe not ...

As per WIKI " Firing the gun caused such a large recoil as to result in failures in the delicate missile firing electronics on the tank. These problems, in combination with the lack of suitable targets, resulted in the Sheridan's deployment to South Vietnam without the complex missile system."

So therefore maybe not ...

Excellent...

Also, any chance you know of any rubber plantations in the current/new maps you're working on? looking at working a Long tan mission :P

Hello, hope everthing runing smooth!

I belive I made a offer that I could port one of my island to your mod. I was thinking of kohima map.

as I am going to make the maps also as a stand alone island that players can play any kind of mod on them all from Dayz to ACE.

Hello, hope everthing runing smooth!

I belive I made a offer that I could port one of my island to your mod. I was thinking of kohima map.

as I am going to make the maps also as a stand alone island that players can play any kind of mod on them all from Dayz to ACE.

I did PM you bout this mate ;)

Slowly but surely ;) There was a lot of issues in our last release which about 90% have been fixed.

*New job posting on the front page*

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

25logo.png

WIP REPORT # 6

Well , whats been happening ? Yac has started work on a new M48 , which will be released in two versions Army and USMC, with possibly a M67 Zippo version too:flamethrower:

efc9d8a057ef4051gen.jpg

72e20af093bca131gen.jpg

Our new member Spock has been busy with our birds giving them a updated textures with new rotor blurs and reflective glass. He has also included a Navy Seawolf UH1 gunship that was used to support the PBR crews on the rivers.

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/5541/arma2oa2013251912269.jpg (145 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img228/2154/34069643.jpg (110 kB)

We also want to give a big thanks to Brainbug who has very generously done a re texture the BIS Mi8's to NVA colours.

y2cakxp2.jpg

Here is a video of the seawolf in action , its still WIP and still has some bugs to be sorted out

6EPBEziDhOA

JOBS: We are still seeking help from texture artists and modellers to make a few civilian sampans for the PBR crews to check for contraband ;)

Also looking for an experienced map maker to fix some issues on our new Cao Bang map ... So if you want to help out Please PM me

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE