Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

hey guys this is looking good i hope that it will be released soon

I was wondering if the new island has space somewhere to place the uss nimitz for some carrier based ops and

if you could add a winch to one of the helecopters maybe to a seaking for csar (recovering downed pilots)

also will the unsung mod be ace compatible ??

thanks for the grate stuff you allerdy made

regards short german

Edited by short_German

Heyo.

Been a big fan of all the Vietnam-themed addons out there (namely VTE, UNS and Mbg_Nam map) and i'm really looking forward to this version. I do have a couple of questions, however.

a) Any chance of the D-7 Bulldozer which was in ArmA I to be released with UNS in ArmA 2?

b) Any chance of an actually working China Lake grenade launcher, which would shoot 4 grenades (one in the chamber, 3 under the barrel?) in fast sequence & then reload, rather than having to reload every time, every shot?

c) Any Chance for the Shotguns to be ported to actually use the PMC Shotgun ballistics, namely buckshot & spread? The current models seem to do nothing but shoot one straight round, just like a normal rifle, or a shotgun with SLUG ammo, which kinda defeats the purpose of having a spreading, short-distance effective wepon with huge stopping power, to engage enemies on close quartes, e.g. when they engage you in your own trench.

Those would be my most favourable parts i'd like to see in the 2.5 version, other than this, all i cna say is that your new Map, especially the film-like bombed landscape looks stunningly fantastic, and i'm looking forward to some long river patrols along this new map (sadly, the rivers in your old maps, apart from CSJ_SEA are all so shallow that even a paperboat can hardly float), would be even better with Sampans, not only pbr's, and maybe some other brown water navy thingys aswell (inflatable boats, LSSC's, landing crafts? -could be another idea, book tis as d) :D )

Good luck in development, would be happy to see an answer.

Regards, Elena.

A) No sorry

B) Yes has been fixed

C) No we will not use any pmc content, however all shotguns now fire a spread not one single shot ;)

Not sure if this is an OK place to post this video. SSG Clan (Swedish strategic group) did an UNSUNG special sunday OP. 45 players vs AI on Ia Drang. I thought it would be nice to share :) The mission was simple.

Alpha and Bravo are stationed on the north side of the island. Bravo is out in the woods just south west of LZ Albany. Their mission is to clear the VC Camp somewhere to the east of their current position. Meanwhile Alpha will be flown in to LZ Albany, secure the LZ then move out west and check an old VC camp to make sure it is still cleared. After that check is done, Alpha will move back to the LZ and meet up with bravo who should be on their way. Once Alpha and Bravo are at the LZ the groups will to a quick RTB to re-arm and take care of the wounded. Then they will return to LZ Albany and to a sweep south east.

We had a great time and will do another OP next sunday.

Mission maker was me. Lots of special made scripts and graphics and also music for this mission. Not sure what is shown of it in the video though.

It's a 2 hour video from an FTL in Alpha Squad. So I'll highlight some of the moments.

00:00 LZ Albany with contact.

10:00 Securing the LZ. Reinforcements arrive. Sproradic contact..

37:00 Alpha + a part of Bravo (that died and respawned), move west towards the target area.

42:00 Contact!

50:00 The bravo fireteam and och Alpha four moves up to the gun line (finally!)

52:00 Rigge sucks (a player)

01:04:00 Tactial retreat with contact.

01:15:00 Back to LZ, with contact.

01:24:00 Boarding the helicopters... or?

01:29:00 Moving out towards the second objectiv. Formation with bravo squad

01:40:00 Contact! Two steps forward, one step back.

Nice one!

Fun to watch, keep it up!

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Mr Pedersen

Please communicate in English only. Thank you.

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

Wow, nice work on the map but the real question is what kind of frames are you getting on the new map? (and you system specs/settings would be nice so we could go form that)

A) No sorry

B) Yes has been fixed

C) No we will not use any pmc content, however all shotguns now fire a spread not one single shot ;)

Oh, sad, i'd love to have used the Bulldozer to 'dig' through the jungles and clear a path for Infantry. Well, back to Mgb_caterpillars, then :)

For the Other two, very good, so i can finally take my SEAL-Grenadier role seiously, and i'm sure Buckshot shotguns will enhance Trench warfare aswell. Wondering what would be more effective, SMG's or Shotties.

And about the PMC-ballistics, my bad, but i thought the 'realistic' shotgun ballistics were introduced with the PMC DLC, and there was no spread-shot possible with the default ones. Well, as long as they fire multiple pellets, that's all i could have asked for, just did not know it was possible without PMC. (:

Thank you for the reply, good luck in further development.

Hi there,

I was wondering if the Jungle, especially the Plants have been improved in this relase? To be honest it looked very ugly to have 2D models and it kinda destroyed the interest in this mod..

Though I´m about to download it again, if its improved;)

Greetings

Hammer

Hi there,

I was wondering if the Jungle, especially the Plants have been improved in this relase? To be honest it looked very ugly to have 2D models and it kinda destroyed the interest in this mod..

Though I´m about to download it again, if its improved;)

Greetings

Hammer

I guess your referring to the plant models on the lowlands map? Answer to your question no the plant models have not been changed. The new map uses some of these but is mainly populated with BIS and that African plants pack. I don't recall 2d Models on the SEA map :confused:

I love napalm smell in the morning!

And about the PMC-ballistics, my bad, but i thought the 'realistic' shotgun ballistics were introduced with the PMC DLC, and there was no spread-shot possible with the default ones. Well, as long as they fire multiple pellets, that's all i could have asked for, just did not know it was possible without PMC. (:

Thank you for the reply, good luck in further development.

Nope, it was added in the 1.56 patch for OA. (may have been the PMC light patch, i don't remeber.)

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:58 ----------

I guess your referring to the plant models on the lowlands map? Answer to your question no the plant models have not been changed. The new map uses some of these but is mainly populated with BIS and that African plants pack. I don't recall 2d Models on the SEA map :confused:

might be thinking of la Drang, i recall some 7-8 foot grasses you could walk through that where single faced/2D and didn't get knocked over by walking/crawling (somewhat annoying sometimes.)

Edit:

Also, any chance of the L1A1 getting some love? last time i checked (today :P) it looked like a british FAL with wooden furniture, the L1A1's (Australian ones) had wooden fore guards with small circular rather than oval shaped vents (replaced due to damage and cracking in the original guard and it was also a darker colour and of a more rounded profile.), the Australian/NZ rifle was also made by Lithgow arms (later ADI now Thales).

Also the Australian commandos where noted for having modified their L2A1's (Light support variant/Fully auto) to appear and function as a regular L1 while retaining the Full auto functionality, also noted is that XM148 greande launchers where 'obtained' from the U.S Forces and mounted below the foreguard on the L2's rather than the SASR soldiers needing to have support gunners and carrying M79's (Which funny enough has recently seen service with Australia in Afghanistan again...)

Also a random note for the L1/L2's is that most that where used in vietnam had the carrying handle either cut off at the base (leaving a bent piece of rod on the rifle) or bending them back and removing them to stop soldiers getting lazy and to keep with the original SOP of the British being that the soldier was to keep his rifle in had and at the ready when on patrol.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Ahh that yes, well those were made by PGI and sadly he is AWOL he has the source files and I have been trying to get hold of him for over a year now. So I don't think its going to be addressed any time soon unfortunately :( . We will be visiting the Australian AO and units later down the track. Yac is upgrading re texturing our weapons so have to wait n see what he does with them :)

hey guys this is looking good i hope that it will be released soon

I was wondering if the new island has space somewhere to place the uss nimitz for some carrier based ops and

if you could add a winch to one of the helecopters maybe to a seaking for csar (recovering downed pilots)

also will the unsung mod be ace compatible ??

thanks for the grat stuff you allerdy made

regards short german

any anser to this ???

any anser to this ???

A winch seems more of a script thing, you could pick apart yurapetrovs mission to see how he did the Jayhawk rescue, from what i recall it was a basket on a line with the AI being attachedTo the basket.

any anser to this ???

This was answered a few pages back ..... in short yes

We will endeavour to make our stuff compatible with ACE and ACRE but our radio's and rucks will be used, Not others from any other mod since ours have been modelled to fit our units.

In relation to the winch, probably not this time around we are snowed under at the moment with other tasks..

This was answered a few pages back ..... in short yes

In relation to the winch, probably not this time around we are snowed under at the moment with other tasks..

im sorry i did not notice the anser

ill take it that there will be no new helicopters added then

and about the whish i will try to see if i can work on the skript maybe i could add the whinch and basket to one of your helos via a script.

thanks for your anser i love the mod keep it up its great

adding in a class of "man" to mando hitch would do it - but it could cause havoc on public servers lol

the rope would be invisible unless something like ad_helos rope from fast-roping uh60 was brought in (only in reverse)

we could easily add man class to mando in evolution nam series.

what i really would like is a M79 that can be carried along with M14...

tooledup1.jpg

this one we made earlier but it never worked - might have needed a script i suppose to swap it for rifle in primary weapon.

however recently a pistol version was made by hcpookie - this could provide a partial answer

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134330-RG-6-and-Heavy-Grenadier-units

Edited by eggbeast

Its still beyond me why a lot of you guys want to carry the Blooper a sidearm and another weapon :raisebrow: . For those who don't know the standard load-out for an m79 grenadier was just the blooper and sidearm. If it matters so much to carry a nade launcher why not use the XM148 or M203? ...

IRL I doubt very much the soldiers would weigh themselves down with so much armament. :p

This is a video from last nights game. 40 players. We are using UNSUNG + ACE + a few custom addons. We are also using TPW Suppression which is why everyone fires like crazy into the bushes(the AI really gets pinned/suppressed).

And here is a cool screenshot from the mission.

XACPZ.jpg

Edited by Pellejones

can't wait to put my hands on it!

25logo.png

WIP REPORT # 5

The battle continues....... time again for another WIP report . Yac has been busy recreating the PBR Mark II patrol boat complete with crew.

Anyone else thinking Apocalypse now?

e04fdcd253da57c7gen.jpgb233478843ffd8a1gen.jpg

f89c43028c73f9d9gen.jpge2f439ab17c28376gen.jpg

c4264d45349f4135gen.jpg

Also he has been working on a m551 Sheridan adding it to our armour corps

50023dad81453e96gen.jpg

Yac can't do it all himself so help is still needed. We are looking for modellers & texture artists to make a few tanks and artillery emplacements , so if you know your way around O2 and want to join one of the oldest mod groups of the ofp and Arma series please PM me.

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE