Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

25logo.png

WIP REPORT # 3

Ok this will be the last WIP report for a while, we are knuckling down to finish off the mod.

However, we are looking for a modeller to help expand our civilian Vietnamese models also to include female models.

And to help to bring our models up to OA standards.

If you can help please contact the unsung team at www.armanam.com or sgt_sav@bigpond.net.au

Ok some eye candy for ya all ...

Ithaca 37

8d2e04ae287f2bd9gen.jpg

M14

8d4ef2e86ba81e7cgen.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

civilian Vietnamese female models and children very need to mod.

mod to release the patch 1.61 or 1.60?

To say nothing about the mod makers' intentions, children are not possible, afaik.

Not to take the topic off, but children could easily be possible. I think it's just something no one has cared to tried.

If you were not able to make it as a unit, you could just model the kid as a vehicle and hide a much larger man inside him. Would be kinda creepy though...

Not to take the topic off, but children could easily be possible. I think it's just something no one has cared to tried.

If you were not able to make it as a unit, you could just model the kid as a vehicle and hide a much larger man inside him. Would be kinda creepy though...

Children would require brand new animations. This has been discussed before, and really shouldn't be brought up here.

OT: The weapons are looking good. Keep up the good work.

Abs

AFAIK no one has tried because it's not possible to scale the skeleton. I'm not super 100% positive on that but 90% sure.

Anyway we are not interested in trying to make children models I really don't see the need. But female civilians add the realism , especially working the rice paddies :p

I forget, were females ever in the VC units in the war? I want to say yes at recalling a picture... maybe for more remote 'sections' of VC in the hills where men in the villages weren't enough... or I'm just crazy and am thinking out my ass being tired XD

So I'm not crazy. Thank you XD Now as to what my point was, it would improve immersion imo to add the factor. So when you patrol villages, you can't even trust the women you see as they may pull a gun as much as anyone else. But that's just me

Yes VC female soldiers were organised in to mainly local guerrilla groups.

*Sighs*... I guess I better go ask around for a modeler in the forums. This is basically the missing piece of the unsung puzzle, without someone to do our line units it will definitely hold the mod up. Everything else is on track though.

This is not a request, more of a joke, but the whole mod won't be complete unless you model Jane Fonda and the Hanoi Hilton. Put that b**ch on an AAA gun so we can shoot back at her this time, lol, cause "we ain't Fonda Hanoi Jane!"

Oh, what I was saying was only a thought lol not a request XD I'm sorry. I was tired when typing that so I wasn't all there in what I was doing. I was more or less bring such a thing up for a more further down the road kinda thing when there is more time and people who could do such a thing. I'm sorry if I was taken as a 'Please add lulz' xD

Can you please add weight to your items, at least the heavier stuff. If there is a way I can override that in my mission files, I could do it that way. So far, I haven't been successful in my searches. I am using ACE and a single pack, the ALICE. I am looking at lowering it's carry capacity as well, but again, nothing so far.

Will see, we are all quite busy at the moment fixing other issues.

Can you please add weight to your items, at least the heavier stuff. If there is a way I can override that in my mission files, I could do it that way. So far, I haven't been successful in my searches. I am using ACE and a single pack, the ALICE. I am looking at lowering it's carry capacity as well, but again, nothing so far.

I released long ago a ACE compact addon: http://www.armanam.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=280 it adds the weights, enables bipods and other minor issues, as far as i know its working perfectly for the last oficial release. I will update/improve once the new UNS version comes out :)

Edited by columdrum

I forget, were females ever in the VC units in the war? I want to say yes at recalling a picture... maybe for more remote 'sections' of VC in the hills where men in the villages weren't enough... or I'm just crazy and am thinking out my ass being tired XD

Carlos Hathcock had several run-ins with a group of women that were pretty damn good at using the BAR. They were smart, ambushed a lot of convoys & caused a lot of damage. Hathcock ended up taking 2 or 3 of them out (after running into them a bit by accident several months/year or so after first encountering them) before the others got his range and made him take cover. Then of course there was The Apache, a woman who liked to torture the people she/her unit captured. She had two ARVN soldiers, skinned one alive while the other watched, then skinned the other and left them just inside the treeline, tied up and booby trapped. Then there are VC/NVA nurses, regular soldiers, etc.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Sounding as stunning as ever guys, truly commend you on your work, wish i had the time to be a part of this project again, hope you achieve all you wish.

Kind regards Jeza

I released long ago a ACE compact addon: http://www.armanam.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=280 it adds the weights, enables bipods and other minor issues, as far as i know its working perfectly for the last oficial release. I will update/improve once the new UNS version comes out :)

Roger that. I know bipods, at least on some weapons, are working without your mod. Thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Savage, if you need a hand updating things like weapons let me know. I am a retired software engineer by profession/military police OHARNG by choice with time on my hands. I work for beer now and I usually buy.

You are a SF Captain who is reassigned to camp Oscar. While some operations are assisted by other characters you are in control of your team.

Besides the SF Campaign, is there going to be Single missions where we play as regular Infantry like in Ia Drang or something? And the campaigns have voice-actings right?

There will be single missions made. We are only producing 1 campaign "Operation copperhead " and it will have voice acting. Your question isn't quite clear so I hope I answered you correctly :)

Well yes correct, and what I mean in the other question is:

Do we have single Missions where we play as regular soldiers instead of a Special Force guy? Like as a Soldier in the 1st Cav in Ia Drang, or maybe a Marine in Khe Sahn?

I'm sorry if maybe it's still not clear enough :j:

about the SP missions, can you please check that, when we finish them, the set as valid in the mission menu? with the green diamond...

cause in the previous version, some missions didn't set as "complete" even when I finished them...

thanks