Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

Good job!

How is the FPS in that jungle? Looks very good.

We all want to play new Unsung so looking forward to this one.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

China Lake Pump Action Grenade Launcher

[imghttp://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7571/chinalake.jpg[/img]

YES!

btw, with buckshot ammo it would be the perfect weapon for one overhypped zombie mod :D

I like the new weapon sounds and DSAI. Those explosion sounds were from grenades, mortars, or arty shells? Sounds so intence!

Edited by Max Power

YES!

btw, with buckshot ammo it would be the perfect weapon for one overhypped zombie mod :D

I like the new weapon sounds and DSAI. Those explosion sounds were from grenades, mortars, or arty shells? Sounds so intence!

Mate the chinalake only held 3 rounds and the explosion sounds and footstep sounds are from sound of anders soundmod not us. I intentionally left the generic sounds like grenades, explosion sounds as vanilla so the user can use their favourite sound mod with ours. The guns and bullet cracks are unsungs.

Looking forward to the next release! Hope that Unsung missions/campaign will lure some more players into the 'Namverse :)

@Max Power:

sorry, my bad, I should have read the new forum rules when they were advertised :(

@SGT_SAVAGE:

well, some article mentioned that china lake could have 3 rounds stored in "magazine" and 1 placed in chamber, and also trigger could be held pressed while doing reload for faster shooting (ofc reloading+recoill would denny the accuracy...). Yet, more evidence is needed for myth busting, regarding this marvelous GL (for that era).

and regarding those sounds, they sounded intence as mentioned above. I just wanted to point out, that those explosion sounds added a lot to the battle atmosphere! ;)

ah, haven't i mentioned, that i can't wait for 2.5 release?

Edited by Gedis

The map in the video is from an existing map? Looks pretty neat and optimized.

guy`s realize backpack for Unsung compatibility CO?

;) leave it with us

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

When you blasted that NVA guy from about 2 feet away at around 02:55... awesome.

General Feedback:

The new foliage is really well done.

The M60 sounds awesome; I haven't heard one in real life, but that's something how I imagine it would sound.

The bird-sounds and the like need to be toned down a bit I think. I don't really think I'd hear birds chirping in a firefight. Might be a good idea to turn off bird sounds from 30 to 90 seconds after a gunshot.

I like the new voiceovers; ArmA3 needs something like that. I'm sick of hearing robots talking in a firefight.

next version 2.5 will be in the form of a patch or as a separate version.Please

make and version in the form of a patch. On a home site appeared on the topic of bug reports 2.5, so that the release is very soon? III Q 2012 ?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Looking really cool, especially the new foliage and weapons. I was creating my own DSAI sounds from all the old SEB NAM OFP stuff and other older mods that I had backed up on CD-R. It would be really cool if you could release the DSAI stuff in steps as to fill in the huge lack of oriental voices and whatnot for DSAI. DSAI really improves the immersion of Arma 2 in a *HUGE* way.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Also, I forgot to ask, is there some kind of "Addon Music Template"? For example, a addon config file ready to go where all you need to do is fill in the names of the songs in the config file, add the actual ogg files of your favorite Vietnam War Era music and pack it up as a .pbo file. It would really save time when just messing around in the editor; I really wish I knew more about config editing...

Indeed a very great sounding and looking video!

Looks good. Is there a full unit list for what is planned for 2.5?

And is version 2.0 currently the latest publicly released build?

When you blasted that NVA guy from about 2 feet away at around 02:55... awesome.

General Feedback:

The new foliage is really well done.

The M60 sounds awesome; I haven't heard one in real life, but that's something how I imagine it would sound.

The bird-sounds and the like need to be toned down a bit I think. I don't really think I'd hear birds chirping in a firefight. Might be a good idea to turn off bird sounds from 30 to 90 seconds after a gunshot.

If you are referring to the foliage in the video its actually from the SEA island released in Version 2.0. In relation to the bird sounds turning on and off unfortunately there is no way I know to do that. I believe its hardwired into Arma II programming. Oh BTW the sounds are not all birds they are spider monkeys etc :)

next version 2.5 will be in the form of a patch or as a separate version.Please

make and version in the form of a patch

There has been so much editing and overhauling of nearly every file in our 2.0 release it's not worthwhile trying to patch it. Therefore 2.5 will be a completely new version download and overwrite of the old.

Looks good. Is there a full unit list for what is planned for 2.5?

And is version 2.0 currently the latest publicly released build?

At this time there are no plans to introduce new units. Release 2.5 is basically an overhaul of our 2.0 mod with some new content

It would be really cool if you could release the DSAI stuff in steps as to fill in the huge lack of oriental voices and whatnot for DSAI.

That's the plan :)

Also, I forgot to ask, is there some kind of "Addon Music Template"? For example, a addon config file ready to go where all you need to do is fill in the names of the songs in the config file, add the actual ogg files of your favorite Vietnam War Era music and pack it up as a .pbo file. It would really save time when just messing around in the editor; I really wish I knew more about config editing...

If we have time but please understand we can't do special requests otherwise we will never be finished. :p

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

SGT_SAVAGE

It is not necessary to yell. Please use bold only for emphasis. Surely, not every word in your post is emphatic.

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided.

SGT_SAVAGE

It is not necessary to yell. Please use bold only for emphasis. Surely, not every word in your post is emphatic.

:p My bad was not an intention to "yell" its just easier for me to read since I'm getting on a bit :D

Are there any new weapons in project ?? i.e. the silenced mark 22 ??

You mean the Ruger mark 22?- No. As far as other similar weapons there were some in there that were not defined in the configs and missing from our weapon crates (Hiding) The updated Unsung Handbook has all the weapons listed.

here : http://www.armanam.com/datas/downloads/OpHandbook_for_Unsung_ArmA2.rar

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Hi Unsung Mod team.

The vid is awesome. Great job you did on everything. Waiting patiently for the new release 2.5.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort.

Cheers

Wow great sounds, i love that M60 sound :)

I see in that movie that wenn player reload m16, he have 18 bullets in magazine. I read somwhere (or watch movie about this dont remember) that US soldiers in Vietnam, in many cases load only 17-18 bullets in 20rnd mags, because with a full magazine m16 was jamming very often.

I'm right about this?

Wow great sounds, i love that M60 sound :)

I see in that movie that wenn player reload m16, he have 18 bullets in magazine. I read somwhere (or watch movie about this dont remember) that US soldiers in Vietnam, in many cases load only 17-18 bullets in 20rnd mags, because with a full magazine m16 was jamming very often.

I'm right about this?

You are correct :)

Please add the A-7 Corsair. It's my favorite not-in-ArmA plane out there that isn't an AWACS bird of a TU-16.