Sign in to follow this  
w0w00t

Stuttering issue online, not graphical / hardware issue afaik.

This has been a problem for the last few weeks now and recently has been hindering me in playing even more.

I first noticed then when playing on dayz, where after a patch a couple weeks ago, I started to get a stuttering issue, which I've timed to exactly every 30 seconds or so.

I made a troubleshooting thread in the dayz forums where rocket chalked it down to the debug menu, but it would appear that it is not the cause.

Now, yesterday on playing on a server, I would get the same stuttering, exactly every 30 seconds, and also today on the pfng session.

things to note:

-I've tried reinstalling ArmA 2 and OA

-I know it isn't something with dayz but something with arma2.

-It isn't as much of a stutter as it is literally me pausing for a few seconds. People even see me lag out for abit until I get back in and have to catch up with whoever I'm with.

-It does not happen on listen servers and dedicated servers without battleye

-I think it is something with battleye

-I've tried reinstalling battleye

-It is not anything performance wise, my game runs perfectly fine and smooth but will just stop every 30 seconds.

I'm getting really tired with this to put it bluntly and it's getting in the way of me playing ArmA2 how I would like to.

what do.

dayz thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1041

Edited by w0w00t

i definitely experienced the same behaviour of game stalling (complete freeze for 1-5 seconds) on exact same interval (n seconds)

i seen it in beta, i assume You seen it also in non-beta

thank a lot for the report

I first noticed then when playing on dayz, where after a patch a couple weeks ago, I started to get a stuttering issue, which I've timed to exactly every 30 seconds or so.

So this only started to happen after a DayZ patch, before you didn't have any problems? Also, does it only happen on DayZ servers or other BE servers as well?

we get this on City Life RPG server also but only if the server has been running for 20+ mins

we get this on City Life RPG server also but only if the server has been running for 20+ mins

Are you using BE's script detection?

Are you using BE's script detection?

no as i use almost all BIS script commands it renders it pointless

ive tried the beta patches to no effect and it also seems to only happen on battleye servers

ive tried the beta patches to no effect and it also seems to only happen on battleye servers

Just so I get this right, can you respond to my questions above?

it happened after a dayz patch, and I thought it was dayz too

but now it happens with ace and acre and etc on all servers running battleye.

it happened after a dayz patch, and I thought it was dayz too

but now it happens with ace and acre and etc on all servers running battleye.

Are you 100% sure it doesn't happen on non-BE servers with a lot of players as well?

yes

takistan life warfare domination etc all run fine and so does dayz until I get in a server and actually in game when it saids battleye initializes

i have the same problem as soon as battleye initialises(?) the fps just drops. this only happens for me on battleye servers, i tried both dayz and a arma 2 server with battleye on and off.

edit: i have now fixed it, it was may firewall/antivirus. i disabled zonealarm and it works now.

Edited by AnRefZ

i have the same problem as soon as battleye initialises(?) the fps just drops. this only happens for me on battleye servers, i tried both dayz and a arma 2 server with battleye on and off.

edit: i have now fixed it, it was may firewall/antivirus. i disabled zonealarm and it works now.

Confirmed, I had this issue and disabling Windows Firewall fixed the stuttering.