thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

Love these missions, they're about all I play on A2 now since online isn't really my thing. I see a few pages back there was a little bit of a tutorial on how to get these working on other maps....though I get stumped on step #2 (I can't find any folder, only the mission .pbo files). I've never done anything with the editor in any of the arma games, but I really want to try the flashpoint missions on some other maps. Would someone mind making a dummies guide on how to do this? I'd love to try this on some of Bushlurker's micro terrains if it's possible, otherwise there's alot of other maps I think would be great for these.

Flashpoint South Sarani is not working for me. I've loaded @caa1, but it ArmA says:

zwischenablage-1maf46.png

Hmm, I have a problem with the enemy AI skill. In the game options I have set the enemy skill to 0.15 and friendly to 0.5. "Super AI" is turned off. But, upon any contact with infantry, the usually insta-kill me from e.g. 300m.

Hi thomsonb, thank you for these great missions. I would like to ask, if you can add option to change the spawnMIN and spawnMAX distance during the mission, thanks.

Hmm, I have a problem with the enemy AI skill. In the game options I have set the enemy skill to 0.15 and friendly to 0.5. "Super AI" is turned off. But, upon any contact with infantry, the usually insta-kill me from e.g. 300m.

Runs fine with asr_ai, which will modify every skill setting of the AI (all adjustable via the userconfig, too). I never play without that & TPWCAS.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Love these missions, they're about all I play on A2 now since online isn't really my thing. I see a few pages back there was a little bit of a tutorial on how to get these working on other maps....though I get stumped on step #2 (I can't find any folder, only the mission .pbo files). I've never done anything with the editor in any of the arma games, but I really want to try the flashpoint missions on some other maps. Would someone mind making a dummies guide on how to do this? I'd love to try this on some of Bushlurker's micro terrains if it's possible, otherwise there's alot of other maps I think would be great for these.

You need to dePBO the file. Make a copy somewhere else & unpack it. I use Eliteness (part of the BIS tools package - find it via the BI WiKi or look in the offical tools forum). Copy the whole unpacked folder (not the pbo) to your user profile mission directory. You have to edit the mission.sqm & other files as described in various other posts here before you can start adjusting things in the editor. Use notepad + + to edit, not Windoze notepad.

Gunter Severloh has made a couple of threads about modifying missions, right click on his name on any post pf his & selesct "view threads" & you should find them in the list.

Thank you thomsonb.... My Arma II series stills fun and alive with your masterpiece flashpoint SP missions,..and works fine with everything, ( ACE,ASR, TPW's, Sounds, weapons... ), it's an incredible work... Congrats.:clap:

First of all, this is brilliant mate! So many hours will be spent on your Flashpoint :D

I hope you bring this to ARMA III as well. With III's awesome mechanics this will be even better. Thanks man!

Still playing this on a regular basis. It's my go-to scenario when I need to test addons or mods.

Hi thomsonb. Are you going to release an ArmA III version of your scenario?

Very great a lot hour of play but how choose tk army vs taliban? I would create civil war :cool:

I know life tends to get in the way, that being said we hope you will continue to surprise us with new stuff like releases & any news on your future planned ultra top secret projects. =)

Hi thomsonb, since I don't really play Arma2 anymore after Arma3 came out, I'd love to see a version of this mission in Arma3.

Hi thomsonb, since I don't really play Arma2 anymore after Arma3 came out, I'd love to see a version of this mission in Arma3.

+1 :yay:

Is an I44 port somewhere or is it hard to do it?

It's actually quite easy to do.

Look for the "island-name"factions.sqf file and you basically put some of the I44 guys and units you want to use, save it to a generic mission file.

Open up the mission file in a text editor, get their editor names, and input/replace them in the relevant locations in that factions.sqf file.

Amazing. One question: Does it work with ACE and ACE Addons? I'll check.

---------- Post added at 08:25 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

Amazing. One question: Does it work with ACE and ACE Addons? I'll check.

Yes it does.

Please, port your Flashpoint mission to Arma 3 !! We need it :)

I would love to get this on other maps as MP!

Not that I don't love the one, but I'd love to get MP on all maps you got and then some. :P

For everybody out there, this was/is the first original mission that generates different localities and missions.

This is the Alpha and Omega.

The numero uno.

The first of its kind.

(that should get tomb porting this over);)