thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

i can't seem to get the fallujah map to work -- it says that "fallujah_v1_0" has been deleted. i downloaded and installed the latest version of the map which i think was 1.23 or something like that. does anyone have any advice?

sounds like the CfgPatches entry in the new fallujah map is messing things up. you'll probably have to unPBO the new fallujah pbo to see what they name the CfgPatches entry, then change the "fallujah_v1_0" in the mission.sqm to match what the new name is.

not sure why a world maker would change that entry, since it causes stuff like this to happen

Hello, I made an account solely for asking this, but whenever the PMC are fighting, they don't use their PMC weapons. They don't even have them. The AA-12, and M8 are not to be found. I was wondering if this was intentional, and if you could add in the option of them using those weapons?

Yes, noticed it too. There are more western-weapons missing: The M249 with reddot, M4+ACOC+M203, MP5, MP5SD, All Gren-Launchers, SMAW.

After playing your missions about 300+ times I've got a few suggestions for further patches:

- You should give the pilots (aircrafts) an MP5 or Handgun only, not the bulky M16/M4.

- On big maps like Takistan/Chernarus and even worse on lingor: It's a bit annoying that random-spawning on missionstart often sets you in a spot without a road anywhere near. In the setup-process, maybe, add an option to be able to make a one-time-only-map-click into the area of your wishing (maybe use the coordinates and place the player within 200m/500m/1000m - could also be toggleable).

- A preset with more civilians, more cars, more IEDs and few scattered enemys.

- An option to destruct the cities/city - not everything broken, but worn down due to the war your in. Usually the city looks like a warzone after 60 minutes or when the scripting fails and one side stops spawning.

Btw, love your Flashpoint-mission! Great job - keep it up!!!

Yes, noticed it too. There are more western-weapons missing: The M249 with reddot, M4+ACOC+M203, MP5, MP5SD, All Gren-Launchers, SMAW.

I believe I may or may not have used the SMAW on Lingor. I don't quite remember.

There are more western-weapons missing: The M249 with reddot, M4+ACOC+M203, MP5, MP5SD, All Gren-Launchers, SMAW.

Also some eastern-weapons are missing: both Bizon-variants, Uzi, Uzi + SD, AK107's, VSS-Vintorez

And some more suggestions:

- How about adding paratroopers to the transport-helicopters? would be nice to see some support from above (both sides/as a preset on one side only and as only support).

- EAST needs their Specops and spotters to their snipers! Here you could use the Bizon/Bizon+SD/VSS-Vintorez (20rnd-Mags) + some SD-handgun. For spotters Vintorez(10rnd-mags).

- more random tasks, not just reach xyz - maybe destroy the guerilla-caches, blow up building xyz, blow up fueltank xyz, guard something for 10 mins.

And a small idea (not sure if thats good):

- maybe add a general/commander for each side (EAST = golden AK; WEST = golden revolver) and units to guard him (maybe stationary Weapons and use of the ArmA-Compositions)

- that could be a task to eliminate general or secure the composition xyz.

Edited by Egosa-U

- more random tasks, not just reach xyz - maybe destroy the guerilla-caches, blow up building xyz, blow up fueltank xyz, guard something for 10 mins.

- maybe add a general/commander for each side (EAST = golden AK; WEST = golden revolver) and units to guard him (maybe stationary Weapons and use of the ArmA-Compositions)

Would definitely love to see these features put into this already great mission myself. Good suggestions. Maybe also a working survival timer for those who want to wear their earned survival time as a badge of honor (without being able to be exploited of course, being constantly involved in combat/on task with objectives/etc makes the thing tick) to post online to compare with others? Thank you for creating this Instant Action Thomsonb!

Just FYI-

All these:

Have already been suggested, and are being worked on.

And a small idea (not sure if thats good):

I had been messing around trying to add HAC into a Flashpoint mission until my workload became totally bonkers - Iwill not have time even to play until the end of October, but when I get something that is reasonably functional I'll report back.

Usually the city looks like a warzone after 60 minutes or when the scripting fails and one side stops spawning.

Yeah, I get that too, usually after only perhaps 15-20 minutes that the opfor stops spawning and the mission then goes "idle", is that intended? Dunno if I waited a bit longer if it would pick up again, though?

Thanks, OP

The reason it goes idle is because not every enemy in each group has been killed. It's being worked on, but if you do not eliminate each enemy in the patrol, it will not spawn new patrols, hence it gets slow.

Ahhh!

I was going to post about this, and I'm having a similar issue to Old_Painless, in that I added engineers to my customized version of the mission, I was able to down a helicopter, and my engineer patched it up enough for us to fly around.

After a while of enjoying air to ground combat, it seemed as if the script simply stopped running.

Is this the same issue?

Would it be difficult to implement some sort of check in which it tests the player distance from each group, and if its beyond a certain range, count down until the groups are just deleted?

Or, a simpler more temporary fix might just be adding a "clear groups" button to the command menu.

Either just a plain "clear groups" button, or "clear enemy" or "clear friendlies", depending on what your problem is.

Edited by Pd3

Him and I spoke about air units, and it's really hard to figure out how to get the player to work in an air unit, because the spawning rate would be through the roof because you are moving so quickly. As of right now, the player being in an air unit will not work. I imagine it crashes the script eventually because of how much it's trying to spawn.

Him and I spoke about air units, and it's really hard to figure out how to get the player to work in an air unit, because the spawning rate would be through the roof because you are moving so quickly. As of right now, the player being in an air unit will not work. I imagine it crashes the script eventually because of how much it's trying to spawn.

I wonder if a condition could be created in which players entering air units effectively suspends the script until such a point that the air unit is abandoned.

Any MP Version of this out in the wild

Would be very nice for small group fun.

Hey Thomson.

I see you still haven't released the [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET] we tested once on your private server. Are you still working on [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET], any way [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET] can pop in here soon? ;)

I think that once you finish and release [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET], [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET] will be very popular and even have it's take on DayZ but for serious players (No, it's not related to zombies, sorry all you zombie fanatics)

Hey Thomson.

I see you still haven't released the [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET] we tested once on your private server. Are you still working on [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET], any way [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET] can pop in here soon? ;)

I think that once you finish and release [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET], [CENSORED, IT'S A SECRET] will be very popular and even have it's take on DayZ but for serious players (No, it's not related to zombies, sorry all you zombie fanatics)

Wait what?!

Wait what?!

Yah would also like too know now.

Wait what?!
Yah would also like too know now.

Ok. Not so long ago, just randomly, I happened to end up on a private server hosted by thomsonb. The mission we played was his creation, and not just any mission. It was awesome. I can't share any details about it, maybe I'm the lucky one who saw. But would like to hear from thomsonb himself is he still working on it and will he ever release it. Maybe it wasn't him at all. But I highly doubt anyone would be able to make that mission except him lol.

That's it, no more intel ;)

Ok. Not so long ago, just randomly, I happened to end up on a private server hosted by thomsonb. The mission we played was his creation, and not just any mission. It was awesome. I can't share any details about it, maybe I'm the lucky one who saw. But would like to hear from thomsonb himself is he still working on it and will he ever release it. Maybe it wasn't him at all. But I highly doubt anyone would be able to make that mission except him lol.

That's it, no more intel ;)

Oh man.

That would be awesome if he released it.

I noticed it was already said in the beginning of the thread, but do you think it would be possible to add support for the ace wounding module? I'm pretty sure all it would take is placing the module in the map.

I'd really like to see a flashpoint sangin mission one day.

If you go into init.sqf you'll find a list of spawn coordinates relating islands

Here is an example:

case "lingor": {WORLD_STRING = "Lingor"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1275,7960,1060,7150]};

According to Thompsonb converting works as follows:

"The 4 numbers are in this format [west,east,south,north]

you can get them by saving markers, and getting the values from a mission.sqm, or just put a unit in the editor with the init hint (str getPos this) and move the unit to the south west and north east corners of your chosen sawn area, and record the min and max values

cheers

B "

I've done plenty of conversions for personal use thus far, and if I ever install sangin myself I'll definitely do a port and post the coords.

If you go into init.sqf you'll find a list of spawn coordinates relating islands

Here is an example:

According to Thompsonb converting works as follows:

"The 4 numbers are in this format [west,east,south,north]

you can get them by saving markers, and getting the values from a mission.sqm, or just put a unit in the editor with the init hint (str getPos this) and move the unit to the south west and north east corners of your chosen sawn area, and record the min and max values

cheers

B "

I've done plenty of conversions for personal use thus far, and if I ever install sangin myself I'll definitely do a port and post the coords.

Do you have a tutorial or can you make one about mission porting to other islands? I have several missions I would like ported for personal use too.

Do you have a tutorial or can you make one about mission porting to other islands? I have several missions I would like ported for personal use too.

It is dead easy.

Step 1

Create an empty mission of the island you wish to port it to:

Step 2

Port all of the files from one of the stock flashpoint missions into the new mission file's folder.

-CAUTION- Do not overwrite the mission.sqm

Step 3

Open the mission file for the flashpoint mission that you're PORTING FROM

Copy the trigger and the player unit from this mission, drag CTRL-C

Step 4

Open the mission which you are PORTING INTO

Paste the trigger and player unit from the previous mission with CTRL-V

(Sorry I'm being overly verbose with the instructions, I just want to completely clear up any misconceptions)

-CAUTION- Make sure you re-activate the player unit as "player" otherwise you're going to be wondering what the hell went wrong later.

Step 5

The main file you need to edit is init.sqf

Scroll down to this part

This is what I see in Sahrani version 119

switch (toLower worldname) do {
case "chernarus": {WORLD_STRING = "Chernarus"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1000,13500,1500,13500]};
case "utes": {WORLD_STRING = "Utes"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [2500,4600,2700,4600]};
case "sara": {WORLD_STRING = "Sahrani"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1000,20000,1000,19000]};
case "saralite": {WORLD_STRING = "South Sahrani"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1200,8700,1900,8300]};
case "fdf_isle1_a": {WORLD_STRING = "Podagorsk"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [6400,15200,3800,20400]};
case "zargabad": {WORLD_STRING = "Zargabad"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [3500,4500,3600,4600]};
case "takistan": {WORLD_STRING = "Takistan"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [0,12000,200,12400]};
case "shapur_baf": {WORLD_STRING = "Shapur"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1000,1700,300,1800]};
default {WORLD_STRING = "the area"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [0,20000,0,20000]};
};

Basically you can edit one of these entries if you wish.

Remember that that the first string MUST be the name of the island as it appears on the extension of the folder.

The second string is simply the name of the described island.

With regard to this: SPAWN_LIMITS = [1275,7960,1060,7150]};

You can do this two primary ways

one of which involves using a command on the initstring of the player to determine your coords: hint (str getPos this)

The other involves placing two markers, both NORTHEAST and SOUTHWEST extremities of the map as you wish it to be played.

As thompsonB had mention they work as follows: [west,east,south,north]

This means that the x,y coordinates for the SOUTHWEST marker must be both x and y values placed into WEST and SOUTH respectively.

grid0_10.gif

Remember that the X value is the horizontal coordinate thus correlating to WEST or EAST.

and Y is the vertical coordinate, correlating to NORTH OR SOUTH

Its important to do this correctly and I can't recall offhand which is X,Y,Z for the markers when looking at the mission.SQF file. However needless to say, if you get it wrong you're going to find out.

Once you've input that data into your init.sqf so long as you haven't mucked around with anything else, it should work like a charm.

Here are some for you just in case you're wondering what I've ported:

case "emita": {WORLD_STRING = "Emita"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [4.84819,5208.37,17.9498,5064.9]};

case "isladuala": {WORLD_STRING = "Duala"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1217,9380,607,9014]};

case "avgani": {WORLD_STRING = "avgani"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [2008,2998,2817,3649]}; <--- This one is limited largely to the city and a small surrounding area outside of it, FYI Just for the MOUT combat experience, remember to set your spawn

distance accordingly.

case "namalsk": {WORLD_STRING = "Namalsk"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [2129.2314,9162.9072,4700.395,12095.582]};

So there you go, I hope this helps.

Just ask again if you have any more questions.

... or not since you've been banned.

Either way MAVEN, if you're reading this I hope it helped.

Perhaps I'll make more conversions and post them here.

Edited by Pd3