thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

защем надо было заменÑÑ‚ÑŒ более Ñовременную технику, более Ñтарой?)

Why did you replace more high tec armory with older one?

Because I wanted pure RHS experience. Besides, as I wrote above, you still have vanilla Russians (using default BIS models for everything) as one faction and RHS Russians as another faction. If you want BIS units along with RHS units, you can always choose both factions at the start of the mission. If you want RHS infantry but BIS vehicles - download and install FLv*VeNoM's replacement addon (http://afrf.redhammer.su/release/FLv_RUplacements.zip) and choose default Russian faction at start.

Hi. Thompsonb, how do i lower the AI skill in your mission?

You can't. You'll just need to work on your skill.

Hi. Thompsonb, how do i lower the AI skill in your mission?

Play the mission in recruit difficulty if you want really easy AI :)

Also you can change your difficulty settings for each difficulty from the game settings menu.

B

Play the mission in recruit difficulty if you want really easy AI :)

Also you can change your difficulty settings for each difficulty from the game settings menu.

B

I've always felt that it made very little difference in AI difficulty. I certainly haven't noticed a difference. Just always seemed that the AI remained the same while you gain or lose certain HUD elements that aid you.

Super AI is a whole different story...

I've always felt that it made very little difference in AI difficulty. I certainly haven't noticed a difference. Just always seemed that the AI remained the same while you gain or lose certain HUD elements that aid you.

Super AI is a whole different story...

Somewhere I made an inquiry as to how that was done because the default mission had set the squad leader range up quite high.

All I knew is that every once in a while I'd come across an AI soldier that would seem out of place.

I really didn't like the fact that by default squad leaders were max or near max skill, as I find that they start eclipsing human constraints and start becoming more like terminators, tbh.

It kind of kills the ambience of battle when you know that the statistical likelihood of hitting a target at a certain range with the PK for example is low, but with max'ed AI they seem to accomplish it magically without a problem, on a regular basis.

When your tactical decisions are based on assessments of probability and effective range, only for those assessments to be inexplicably defied, the gameplay degenerates from being the tactical problem-solving sim that it should be, and turning into a random, paranoid, spasmodic twitch fest.

I don't like having hamstrung ai, but at the same time I don't like giving the AI special concessions that essentially don't apply to the same rules human players are confined to.

I have no e-peen fuelled ego to defend, I just want something close to an authentic experience with ARMA 2.

The AI doesn't have to deal with recoil causing your iron sights to obscure your target, the AI doesn't have to deal with muzzle flash and smoke either.

Once you get up to the highest skill rating, their performance starts to really reflect that and transcend those apparent "limitations", as compared to actual players.

There is a way to set the skill range within the scripts, however I've forgotten at the moment where it was located.

Edited by Pd3

Hi

There is a way to set the skill in the scripts:

1) Unpack the mission

2) Open init.sqf

3) Change the line MAX_SKILL = 1; to read MAX_SKILL = 0.5; (or whatever u like from 0 to 1)

This value is the max skill, leaders will have this skill, and others will have a random between 0 and this value.

Also don't forget you can tweak these values for each difficulty in your "username.arma2oaprofile" file:

skillFriendly=x.x

skillEnemy=x.x;

precisionFriendly=x.x;

precisionEnemy=x.x;

Hope that helps

B

Because I wanted pure RHS experience. Besides, as I wrote above, you still have vanilla Russians (using default BIS models for everything) as one faction and RHS Russians as another faction. If you want BIS units along with RHS units, you can always choose both factions at the start of the mission. If you want RHS infantry but BIS vehicles - download and install FLv*VeNoM's replacement addon (http://afrf.redhammer.su/release/FLv_RUplacements.zip) and choose default Russian faction at start.

ah, thats how you did it, good idea. ;)

Alternatively, to adjust skill settings, use asr_ai - the default v1.16 works very well with the Flashpoint series, & one can always adjust the settings up or down in the asr_ai user config, whether for classes of units or for individual types. Much better than doing a blanket setting in the arma2oa.config.

Not only is it much easier than unpacking & tweaking the mission, asr_ai adds a lot of game-enhancing features.

Also don't forget you can tweak these values for each difficulty in your "username.arma2oaprofile" file:

skillFriendly=x.x

skillEnemy=x.x;

precisionFriendly=x.x;

precisionEnemy=x.x;

Hi,

I'm not certain, but weren't these values made useless in patch 1.61, or did I misunderstand?

As Orcinus recommends, I also use ASR_AI.

I enjoy all these dynamic missions & wish there were more of them

I am also requesting a dynamic flashpoint MP mission version for each.

just wanted to say thank you for your efforts.

he said, he's working on mp version already, so lets just wait^^

cool looking forward to it.

in the meantime I am reporting an error I noticed & located an addon issue in the latest takistan/zargabad flashpoint

which was spitting out an error popup so I tracked down threw reading the arma2oa.RPT log

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.CZ805_A1_GL_ACR'.
Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon CZ805_A1_GL_ACR with scope=private
Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
Warning Message: No entry '.model'.
Warning Message: No entry '.simulation'.
Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightDuration'.
Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightIntensity'.
Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockDelay'.
Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockSystem'.
Warning Message: No entry '.cmImmunity'.
Warning Message: No entry '.lockingTargetSound'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry '.lockedTargetSound'.
Warning Message: No entry '.muzzles'.
No owner
No owner

so I did a find in files search and located the issue in your takistanFactions.sqf line #92

[color="#FF0000"]//acr addon weapons[/color]
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ805A1 = ["CZ805_A1_ACR","30Rnd_556x45_G36"];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ805A1GL = ["CZ805_A1_GL_ACR","30Rnd_556x45_G36","1Rnd_HE_M203"];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ805A2 = ["CZ805_A2_ACR","30Rnd_556x45_G36"];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_UK59 = ["UK59_ACR","100Rnd_762x54_PK"];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ750 = ["CZ_750_S1_ACR","10Rnd_762x51_CZ750"];
//<!--disabled--> WPN_CZ75_C = ["CZ_75_D_COMPACT","10Rnd_9x19_Compact",1,8];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ75_D = ["CZ_75_P_07_DUTY","15Rnd_9x19_M9",1,8];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ75_P = ["CZ_75_SP_01_PHANTOM","18Rnd_9x19_Phantom",1,8];
//<!--disabled-->WPN_CZ75_P_SD = ["CZ_75_SP_01_PHANTOM_SD","18Rnd_9x19_PhantomSD",1,8];

for now I disabled them there were czec fireteams running around without weapons getting mowed down by the taliban :)

your mod states it doesn't require any mods in the readme so if your using the ACR weapon pack addon

then you should state that at armaholic under mod requirements or fix it back to default weapons so people know.

lastly, on another subject I have converted a few new flashpoint missions to work with a couple new maps

and sent you a pm if you want to check them out for review in total I have 2 sitting here working error free

and one that needs fixing because of the above stated error.

Edited by MadM0nkey
typo correction

@Monkey- It doesnt require any mods. The "ACR weapon pack" is something you have installed yourself.

@Monkey again - Yes, him and I have been closely testing the MP version, and it is very nicely coming along, and very fun. I assume when he is more free, he will be able to get a working 1.0 out very soon based on what I have seen in our testing.

As for me, the trailer for this mod/mission will be out soon. ;)

Edited by JetlinerX

@Monkey- It doesnt require any mods. The "ACR weapon pack" is something you have installed yourself.

ok maybe I didn't make myself clear or you misunderstood me perhaps

I do not have any ACR weapon pack installed and so that is why I am getting the popup errors when I load any of the 3 missions

from FlashpointTakistanZargabadShapur123.zip.

If you have a look at the ReadMeFlashpoint123.txt inside the zip under changelog

you will notice the update to him adding in acr changes.. that is the issue.

-----------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

v1.23

- Added: ACR Czech faction (Chernarus, Utes, Podagorsk, Lingor, Sahrani).

- Added: New ACR Weapons added to Czech faction

so my error is as I stated in my previous post and it is likely that others have the same issue if they dont have that acr mod installed.

@Monkey again - Yes, him and I have been closely testing the MP version, and it is very nicely coming along, and very fun. I assume when he is more free, he will be able to get a working 1.0 out very soon based on what I have seen in our testing.

As for me, the trailer for this mod/mission will be out soon. ;)

I am glad he has a good beta tester who pays such close attention to tracking down errors...

Edited by MadM0nkey
I kan speel ..reely

If you reduce those to

you avoid spawning in most of the bare desert (plenty of that elsewhere :) & also avoid losing troops/vehicles.equipment as groups try to move across the rivers. Action is focussed in the city & near environs.

EDIT: oops, posted the wrong co-ordinates initially - now corrected. Actually not really much different to Tony's. Note to self: Duh, check file versions more carefully.

So that my post isn't a total waste of space, here is a coordinate string for Lingor (v1.4):

case "lingor": {WORLD_STRING = "Lingor"; SPAWN_LIMITS = [1275,7960,1060,7150]};

Can we have one for Duala?

Better yet, can somebody explain to me how the spawn limits work?

Do you have to place something like markers down on a mission, save the file and review the coords?

I'm assuming the scripts are intelligent enough to not spawn things in the water, as evident in Lingor.

Can we have one for Duala?

Better yet, can somebody explain to me how the spawn limits work?

Do you have to place something like markers down on a mission, save the file and review the coords?

I'm assuming the scripts are intelligent enough to not spawn things in the water, as evident in Lingor.

The coordinates define where the player can start. It ignores water.

The 4 numbers are in this format [west,east,south,north]

you can get them by saving markers, and getting the values from a mission.sqm, or just put a unit in the editor with the init hint (str getPos this) and move the unit to the south west and north east corners of your chosen sawn area, and record the min and max values

cheers

B

ok maybe I didn't make myself clear or you misunderstood me perhaps

I do not have any ACR weapon pack installed and so that is why I am getting the popup errors when I load any of the 3 missions

from FlashpointTakistanZargabadShapur123.zip.

If you have a look at the ReadMeFlashpoint123.txt inside the zip under changelog

you will notice the update to him adding in acr changes.. that is the issue.

Changelog:

v1.23

- Added: ACR Czech faction (Chernarus, Utes, Podagorsk, Lingor, Sahrani).

- Added: New ACR Weapons added to Czech faction

so my error is as I stated in my previous post and it is likely that others have the same issue if they dont have that acr mod installed.

I am glad he has a good beta tester who pays such close attention to tracking down errors...

I know you dont have it installed, I am saying that is your problem. You need ACR. You can either use the LITE version (low quality textures for unit uniforms) or you can use the full version which is $10.00.

Get the LITE version here: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=805%3Aa2co-compatibility-mp-patch--acr-lite-〈=en

As for your comment on the end about paying attention to errors, I am not sure if you are being sarcastic, so I will just thank you anyway. ;)

I am sorry for hijacking the thread, but I think that this might come useful for some people.

So, I've edited Flashpoint missions to include following factions: ACR (woodland & desert), Finnish Defense Forces (needs FDF mod), French Armed Forces (needs Operation Frenchpoint mod installed) and RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (RHS AFRF mod is needed). Besides that, I've also added all default BIS factions in one file, so now you can choose both A2 and OA factions in single mission. Of course this will require A2:CO installed on your PC. And I've added Bystrica (ACR DLC) as well.

This time I uploaded unpacked missions so that they can be used in editor. I did so because I commented out all above mentioned factions (except for ACR) so that they will not be selectable by default. To enable them, you will need to go into mission's folder, open chernarusFactions.sqf (or takistanFactions.sqf/saraFactions.sqf) with any text editor (notepad for example), scroll down right to the end of the file and remove "//" from following lines:

//FAF_FACTION = [west,"France",frTeams,frSnipers,frCars,frArm,frHelis,frAir,frPLIST] call addFaction;

//FDF_FACTION = [west,"Finland",fnTeams,fnSnipers,fnCars,fnArm,fnHelis,fnAir,fnPLIST] call addFaction;

//AFRF_FACTION = [east,"Russia (RHS AFRF)",rfTeams,rfSnipers,rfCars,rfArm,rfHelis,rfAir,rfPLIST] call addFaction;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkoybqqoym8ad44/FlashpointMissions.rar

P.S.

Using OFrP on my PC leads to game freezing and I don't know why, so be advised.

Edited by megazogg

for those who want more flashpoints I'm just letting you know that currently I have been working as a hobbyist contributor when I get some free time. I have converted a total of 4 new flashpoints only 2 of which have been completed & sent to thomsonb for his review being he is the author I can't release his work so he has the final say if he decides to add them into his releases or not after he has look threw them/makes changes.

-------------------------------------------

newest completed FP candidates

Flashpoint Faffindale

Flashpoint Reshmaan Province

FP still being worked on

Flashpoint Avgani

Flashpoint Saltbeach

Hello, I made an account solely for asking this, but whenever the PMC are fighting, they don't use their PMC weapons. They don't even have them. The AA-12, and M8 are not to be found. I was wondering if this was intentional, and if you could add in the option of them using those weapons?