thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

hi guys

I have just released another update...

Click here to download Flashpoint v1.23 All Maps updated!

123screen01.jpg123screen02.jpg123screen03.jpg

As promised, I have included the new weapons from the ACR, and also added the ACR faction to all maps!

Changelog is on my website

cheers

B

thomsonb,

the mission list is getting longer and longer. It's almost time to ask you to offer a combined download of all misssions in one zip-file. :)

Thanks for your work!

...the mission list is getting longer and longer. It's almost time to ask you to offer a combined download of all misssions in one zip-file. :)...

I was just thinking the same thing... while zipping 14 different versions into 8 zip files ;)

Cheers

Thanks for the updates, nice with the new Czech weapons. Yeah, one big download would be easier.

If I don't use ASR faction and I don't have ASR Lite installed will I get any errors? I shouldn't because the ASR units won't spawn, right?

Hi Dynamo11,

quick answer is yes!

iv had many requests, and I like the quality of the I44 mod :)

It will take me longer than the average port, since all the weapons and ammos, vehicles squads etc need to be defined... please be patient ;)

B

Fantastic news thomsonb! Luckily for me I can fill the time until then with your Modern maps! :D

sorry i guess you hear that every day but when came a port for brystica?

If I don't use ASR faction and I don't have ASR Lite installed will I get any errors? I shouldn't because the ASR units won't spawn, right?

Thats true, you should have no errors without the Czech faction active. However I have not tested it without ACR, so no guarantees!

B

Thats true, you should have no errors without the Czech faction active. However I have not tested it without ACR, so no guarantees!

B

I played it for a couple of hours and I'm not having any errors without ASR Lite.

thomsonb,

I'm LOVING the dynamic mission on Lingor. I have it set to start at 06:00, which is a perfect time for deactivating one's NVD's, and just watch the colored tracers zip back and forth. As terrifying as it is hypnotic.

That said, my game CTD's after about 20 min. of play. It seems like most of the time it occurs right as a loud rumbling and/or rocket-like sound starts to be heard. Is there someplace that I can look that could help me identify the problem more?

Again, thank you SO much for your hard work. I've only tried your Lingor v1.23 mission, and it's a gem that's worth buying ArmA II for.

Is there any way to add other armies I downloaded from Armaholic into these missions? I just got Operation Northstar with the Canadian Forces and would love to play as them.

...any way to add other armies I downloaded from Armaholic into these missions? ...

Hi PTEMacLeod,

It is possible to add new units... If you have a basic knowledge of scripting, and you can copy exactly the format I use to define weapons, units, squads, vehicles, factions etc..

If you give it a go, id be happy to answer any questions :)

B

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

@ Kyle_k_ski

Thanks for that mate, you're very welcome :) glad you're enjoying it on Lingor!

Ideas about your crashes to desktop:

1. Turn off all mods (apart from lingor island) and see if it still happens.

2. I have the ACR DLC, and have not tested with ACR lite, maybe that has bugs?

3. Look in your Arma2OA.rpt file for any error messages which might explain it.

4. Test Lingor island without my mission, just fly around in a helo for 20 mins, does it still crash?

B

Hi PTEMacLeod,

It is possible to add new units... If you have a basic knowledge of scripting, and you can copy exactly the format I use to define weapons, units, squads, vehicles, factions etc..

If you give it a go, id be happy to answer any questions :)

B

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

@ Kyle_k_ski

Thanks for that mate, you're very welcome :) glad you're enjoying it on Lingor!

4. Test Lingor island without my mission, just fly around in a helo for 20 mins, does it still crash?

B

These were the first things I ever downloaded and I absolutely love them, and I also downloaded a mod called AFRF http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132928-Red-Hammer-Studios-Armed-Forces-of-the-Russian-Federation-WIP which I really would like to play with this mod. However I have never scripted anything and I am completely confused on how I even begin doing it :/

@PinkPanzer,

First you need to unpack (unzip) the mission to access the files, there are a few tools available that let you do that, personally I use pboview

Once you have unpacked it you will see how the mission is made up, a good option would be to make a copy of the mission folder and put somewhere safe as a backup.

You should at least try to get that far, I knew nothing of 'scripting things' before I played this game and I still don't but I now know enough of the basics to be able to customize missions to a degree.

Edited by Katipo66

1. Oh boy, I have a LOT of different mods running. Primarily COWarMod along with GL4.

2. I don't own any of the DLC's.

3. I'll keep my eye on that file if I encounter any further crashes.

4. I've tested Lingor quite a bit with all of my mods, but without your mission, and never had a CTD situation.

All of that said, last night I played your mission for Takistan, and had an amazing time for just over 2 hours, and without any bugs. Tense is NOT the word! Thank you again.

If there are any further additions that I would like to see added as options to these brilliant missions, they would be...

...add an option to respawn as one's original avatar...

...add an option to end the combat, where each type of group that's active gets one more spawn, and once they're dead, they're dead for good till one side's left standing. If there are only a few units left, and they're far away, treat those as fleeing and/or surrendering, and/or suicidal units. I'm not opposed to having to hunt for stragglers, but at a certain point, it always gets too tedious.

...I thought that I had played an earlier build (long ago) that allowed the player to use the radio for certain requests -I might be wrong on this though. I searched for such options, and unless I did something dreadfully wrong, I missed the radio options this time around. It would be nice to be able to call for support, who would either drive or fly to you. Have an option to call in artillery strikes of smoke and explosive shells. I'll double-check on this though, for perhaps it's already there, and I simply missed it.

...The AI still didn't seem too adept at using structures to fight out of. If possible, I strongly advise somehow incorporating GL4 SFXE + Zeus AI into the missions. ChrisB gave me some simple, yet GREAT advice on using these two AI mods together, and I've never regretted it: just drop a GL4 module onto the map (before any others), and then sync units up to it along with a short, in any direction "hold" waypoint (if using a Defend module) or a similar "patrol" waypoint for the other GL4 modules, and that's pretty much it. One will end up with AI that pace buildings (if they're large enough to allow that), occupy a building for a short time, and then move onto another structure to occupy, etc. The urban battles are nerve wracking. Several times I've been killed by AI that shot at me from a building they were occupying, through an empty building, and then me inside my structure!

Maybe this could be enabled through an option entitled "Primarily Urban Combat." If a player selects this, the GL4 SFXE + Zeus AI mods kick in, and the majority of the combat will take place at villages and cities.

Honestly though, I love this AI mod combination so much, to see it in effect throughout every segment of these missions would be an ideal combination.

Do you have any plans for releasing a version of your missions for Taviana island?

Thanks again for all you do.

Well, you probably need to start looking for classnames, the mod you want to include will have classnames hopefully freely available in a read me or something otherwise you may need to depbo the addon to find them, maybe ask the mod Author if you cant find them, classnames look a little like this USMC_Soldier_AA

Here are most of the default ones for ARMA2

Anyway once you get the classname list for the mod you might then ask ThomsonB what file you can edit, it might be takistanFactions.sqf?

prolly best to PM so as not to spam thread with tutorial type posts, also check this out

Just a question, but does Flashpoint support units carrying backpacks?

Will there be any support for it in the future?

These were the first things I ever downloaded and I absolutely love them, and I also downloaded a mod called AFRF http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132928-Red-Hammer-Studios-Armed-Forces-of-the-Russian-Federation-WIP which I really would like to play with this mod. However I have never scripted anything and I am completely confused on how I even begin doing it :/

I can post edited chernarusFactions.sqf here with RHS units, once I get home from work. After ver.1.23 it is really very easy to add new factions, since all needed code is in one file. Thank you very much, thomsonb! I really like to play Flashpoint missions! If only we could use air units in future... :rolleyes:

Here it is. RHS AFRF is added as a standalone faction, it have no spetsnaz & vanilla vehicles were replaced:

T-90 --> T-80A

T-72 --> T-80BV

BMP-3 --> BMP-2, BMP-2D & BMP-1P

BTR-90 --> BTR-70

Vodnik (2xPK) --> BMD-1P

Vodnik (BPPU) --> BMD-2M

KAMAZ --> GAZ-66

Tunguska was removed.

Besides that US Army & Takistani Army factions were added. Add some PP effects too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucnf4oouhdhmrwv/FlashpointChernarusAFRF123.Chernarus.rar

Edited by megazogg

I can post edited chernarusFactions.sqf here with RHS units, once I get home from work. After ver.1.23 it is really very easy to add new factions, since all needed code is in one file. Thank you very much, thomsonb! I really like to play Flashpoint missions! If only we could use air units in future... :rolleyes:

Here it is. RHS AFRF is added as a standalone faction, it have no spetsnaz & vanilla vehicles were replaced:

T-90 --> T-80A

T-72 --> T-80BV

BMP-3 --> BMP-2, BMP-2D & BMP-1P

BTR-90 --> BTR-70

Vodnik (2xPK) --> BMD-1P

Vodnik (BPPU) --> BMD-2M

KAMAZ --> GAZ-66

Tunguska was removed.

Besides that US Army & Takistani Army factions were added. Add some PP effects too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucnf4oouhdhmrwv/FlashpointChernarusAFRF123.Chernarus.rar

защем надо было заменÑÑ‚ÑŒ более Ñовременную технику, более Ñтарой?)

Why did you replace more high tec armory with older one?