thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

Congrats for the release!

but is there a way to have the ACR even on Chernarus-Utes-Podagorsk-Sahrani maps?

:)

...is there a way to have the ACR even on Chernarus-Utes-Podagorsk-Sahrani maps?

Not yet! :D

But the next update will add the new Czech forces to those woodland maps (its easier for me to add factions now!)

rgds

B

Maybe you can help me if I'm missing something. I haven't added user missions or mods since OFP:CWC and don't remember how I did it almost 10 years ago.

Trying to use mission Flashpoint: Chernarus + Utes (ArmA2 combined operations) v1.22.zip. When I go into the SP/Scenarios it doesn't show up. Not in My Missions either.

I followed the read me and extracted the zipped files to Users/name/MyDocuments/ArmA2/Missions in the same folder that one of my created missions is.

I have Arma2:CO, so I have both A2 and OA patched current as of a few days ago. I got Dayz to install using Sixlauncher and it works.

Thanks for any help.

And to the creator, this sounds great, can't wait to try it out.

...When I go into the SP/Scenarios it doesn't show up....

You need to put the files in your arma2\missions directory (in my case it is "H:\Games\ArmA2\missions"),

do not put them in you user made missions folder! (which in my case is "C:\Users\thomsonb\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\thomsonb\missions")

arma2\missions is in the root directory, where the game is installed

hope that fixes ur problem :)

B

Edited by thomsonb

Thanks, I'll move them into that folder. That was the part that was confusing me as some people said to use the My Docs/Arma2 folder. Great support of your missions, I'll try as many as I have time for.

Thanks for the update, love the pre-sets and it feels overall better, at least on Zagreb, I think I'm getting more fps :P

New versions is good. I've tried Aliabad and Hazar-Kot with Czech and pmc vs Taliban and Takistand army, with ground vehicles cranked up. That was a cool. Thanks for adding gcam while still alive, and making freecam default.

To nitpick: I miss some of the new Czech weapons, especially the UK59 MG (?), and the new assault rifle. Fyi, fwiw, the M60 doesn't have compatible ammo with ACE enabled. Javelin doesn't have ammo either with ACE. I know it's not a ACE version, so it's no biggie.

But good stuff.

I'll have to try to new updated versions, cheers on the release.

Also thank you for clarifying some bits of your code, I've actually modified a fictional scenario using the Gi Joe Cobra units and some others just for variety.

I just wish there was more variety as to unique vehicles, as its been kind of a hoot to play thus far.

Hi guys

Since the latest version is easier to port to new maps, I have prepared this release for you...

Click here to download Flashpoint: Lingor v1.22

lingorOverview.jpg

This version uses the default A2 units. Later I plan to release a version using the Lingor units.

enjoy

B

Edited by thomsonb

hey, i'm geting aerror when trying to run fallujah mission, missing core or something it says.

i have strange swaps on this map. Need more testing, but game freezes for few seconds from time ti time. Was all fine on other maps i've tested flashpoint missions.

i have strange swaps on this map. Need more testing, but game freezes for few seconds from time ti time. Was all fine on other maps i've tested flashpoint missions.

Are you talking about Fallujah?

Fallujah may freeze for a second at the start, as unlike other maps, all parked cars are spawned at the start....

Other than that, it may be the default group count I chose is too high for the map... (i wanted to keep it as high as pos for good gameplay!)

keep the feedback coming thanks!

B

Thanks for this great collection of totally randomizable missions...That's from far the best SP missions I ever played.:)

agreed, this and The Forgotten Few, are really the best SP Dynamic missions. Flashpoint is really good for epic battles, and forgoten few, is good for tactical more local battle gaming.

Thanks for this great collection of totally randomizable missions...That's from far the best SP missions I ever played.:)

Thanks, glad you enjoy them :)

B

Hey thomsonb, I brought up the idea a long time ago in the old thread but, seeing as your back, I figured I'd bring it up again.

Do you have any plans for an I44 version of this mission? It would combine easily my 2 favourite things about the ArmA2 community: your missions and the Invasion44 mod.

Sorry Thomsonb, but I cant seem to find any cache points at Fallujah, Its normal or a bug? Great mission! :D

Sorry Thomsonb, but I cant seem to find any cache points at Fallujah, Its normal or a bug? Great mission! :D

Hi LastKossack, you are right there are no Taliban weapon caches in Fallujah!

The weapon cache locations have to be manually created by placing markers in the editor. This will take a long time on Fallujah, since the whole map is a town with possible places! I simply didnt have the time when I was making the Fallujah version :)

If you really want them asap, please send me an editor mission with lots of markers called "wpn_cache_1" "wpn_cache_2" ... etc placed in good cache locations, and I will put them in!

B

---------- Post added at 04:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 ----------

...any plans for an I44 version of this mission?

Hi Dynamo11,

quick answer is yes!

iv had many requests, and I like the quality of the I44 mod :)

It will take me longer than the average port, since all the weapons and ammos, vehicles squads etc need to be defined... please be patient ;)

B