thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

perhaps it's been asked a ton, multiplayer also with ACE 2 mod version planned? Me and a buddy can't wait to play together as taliban snipers, against us army :)

Yay, I'm not the only one who uses US Army as default enemy faction!

Yay, I'm not the only one who uses US Army as default enemy faction!

thats why i love this mission, you can choose on what side you play. That feeling, be a lone taliban sniper, against whole us army, is just awesome!

thats why i love this mission, you can choose on what side you play. That feeling, be a lone taliban sniper, against whole us army, is just awesome!

Glad you like it, I used to love the Russian campaign in OFP cos you can play as the "other side" than usual

Its not easy to code selecting players in MP, and even when you code it, it looks wrong in the MP player selection before the mission.

So I think I will release a separate version of the mission for each faction, so you can look forward to a Taliban version ;) (and yeah there will be a sniper team you can choose, along with a specially equipped IED team)

B

BTW, just working on my own Ambient Civilians module today, looking good so far, detecting buildings and building positions and spawning are done now... should be included in next release :)

Glad you like it, I used to love the Russian campaign in OFP cos you can play as the "other side" than usual

Its not easy to code selecting players in MP, and even when you code it, it looks wrong in the MP player selection before the mission.

So I think I will release a separate version of the mission for each faction, so you can look forward to a Taliban version ;) (and yeah there will be a sniper team you can choose, along with a specially equipped IED team)

B

BTW, just working on my own Ambient Civilians module today, looking good so far, detecting buildings and building positions and spawning are done now... should be included in next release :)

duuuudee! Ur awesome! Actually that came to my mind yesterday about civilians, i was thinking it would be not bad, to see some civilian life aside of war. And yeah, taliban mp version sounds good! :)

I've been wanting an MP Flashpoint for such a long time. Glad to hear it will be a reality!

Anybody willing to create Unsung version of this? Vietnam map works perfectly for this mission as long as you disable land vehicles. The only thing missing are Vietnam era units.

...Anybody willing to create Unsung version of this?..

Hi Taro8, Iv never tried the Unsung mod..

I decided to use my available time to make the missions better, rather than making loads more conversions to other maps.

However I realise that my code does not allow easy porting to new maps!

So now I am redesigning the code to allow a more "plug and play" style of porting to maps, and adding other factions.

This will be released soon, and should allow people to make and release more versions easily :)

B

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

I've been wanting an MP Flashpoint for such a long time. Glad to hear it will be a reality!

The MP version is going well, but still not polished for a real release yet, as I keep changing code and experimenting!

I wil release an updated MP test version again very soon!

cheers

B

sounds like you're plenty busy thomsonb. :) take your time, good idea to make it easier for folks convert to new maps.

looking forward to playing this with acr units, they're pretty cool. can you add in the acr rocket truck?

...looking forward to playing this with acr units, they're pretty cool. can you add in the acr rocket truck?

Hi Zorg_DK

Do you know how to get the AI rocket vehicles to engage targets? Whenever I have put them in the editor, they just drive around and never shoot (same for Grad, MLRS and new ACR truck)

Maybe Im missing something?!

Just had an idea for a new feature, saw this in DayZ, lots of roadblocks and wrecks, I was thinking this could be good in my missions... (all randomly placed of course!)

B

No, I don't know how to make the AI shoot with the rocket trucket.

Roadblocks etc? Sure, why not. I could also be fun to have a little base with static MG guns etc. to defend from.

Hi Zorg_DK

Do you know how to get the AI rocket vehicles to engage targets? Whenever I have put them in the editor, they just drive around and never shoot (same for Grad, MLRS and new ACR truck)

Maybe Im missing something?!

Curious - I recall that in an earlier release (v1.13 or 1.14) you had MLRS and they did fire rockets. Maybe use one of the FO scripts like Blakeace's (which is rather nice)?

I was playing Flashpoint with 0 friendly groups today, because I wanted to try some solo sniping and apparently when you die and there are no friendly groupd, you can't respawn as anything other than the enemy, and there's no point in that.

Do you think you could add a feature to respawn as your former self?

Good evening all Flashpoint fans.

I am very pleased to announce the release of the next update to the series:

Click here for the new Version 1.22 release!

fpc122_01.jpgfpc122_02.jpg

There are many improvements and new features, please let me know what you think.

All maps are updated, Takistan Zargabad Shapur Chernarus Utes Aliabad Hazar-Kot

Important note: the Takistan Zargabad and Shapur versions now require the ACR addon (or the free ACR lite patch, link on my website)

Regards

B

Note: The change log is also on the download site, guys.

Good point JetlinerX, here is the change log:

v1.22

- Changed: Preset Modes system now allows any number of Preset modes. (much easier to add new Preset Modes now)

New Preset Modes:

- Low intensity and high intensity presets, change the intensity of the battle (low can also help users with slower CPU).

- Presets with set time of day and weather, foggy morning and stormy evening.

- Low and high support group presets, for users who like less or more vehicles, aircraft etc (again, low can also help users with slower CPU).

- Changed: Factions system now allows any number of factions per side. (much easier to add more factions now).

- Changed: Factions setup Dialog, now has a Random option.

- Added: Ambient Civilians (still beta version)

- Added: The ambient civilians are available in the respawn system (if you want to play as a civilian).

- Fixed: Performance improved, less CPU used by scripts.

- Added: Debug info can be turned on in Setup. Displays markers on map for player and all units, and shows unit count stats as the mission runs.

- Changed: All map specific settings are stored in a single file named after the map, auto detected by init.sqf. (much easier to port new versions now)

- Changed: Many Functions are combined in functionsInit.sqf reducing the mission filesize slightly.

- Added: Units now sometimes have smoke grenades (if they have space left after being equipped).

- Added: Gcam option now available in Commands list (only ArmA2 Combined Operations versions).

- Changed: Aircraft AI improved again. Higher speeds, and less circling the area than before (still some BIS AI limitations).

- Added: "Old Tractor" in parked cars module. I never new it existed before, thank you SixConfigBrowser!

- Changed: Vehicles now stick to roads a bit more when possible.

- Changed: Parked cars spawned more or less depending on size of town.

- Changed: Infantry groups no longer stop and guard at their start position.

- Fixed: Script error in waypoint system when near water (mainly noticed in Utes).

*The following changes are only in the Takistan Zargabad Shapur Alibad and Hazar-Kot versions:*

- Added: Army of the Czech republic DLC units added to Czech faction. New Vehicles and Aircraft (weapons may come later)

- Changed: Taliban Weapons Caches now shown on map with red X.

- Fixed: RPK light machinegun was missing from Takistani and Taliban forces.

- Added: Choose to play as a civilian man or woman, or a press reporter.

- Fixed: Too many snipers in US SFOD-D Silenced teams.

Edited by thomsonb

I was playing Flashpoint with 0 friendly groups today, because I wanted to try some solo sniping and apparently when you die and there are no friendly groupd, you can't respawn as anything other than the enemy, and there's no point in that.

Do you think you could add a feature to respawn as your former self?

Good idea! I have never played without any friendly groups, but even in the "normal" style of play it would be nice to have the option to respawn with the same equipment and in the same area where you died.

I was playing Flashpoint with 0 friendly groups today...and apparently when you die and there are no friendly groupd, you can't respawn as anything other than the enemy....Do you think you could add a feature to respawn as your former self?
Good idea! I have never played without any friendly groups, but even in the "normal" style of play it would be nice to have the option to respawn with the same equipment and in the same area where you died.

Thats a good idea, I hadn't thought of that situation... I will work out a way of adding your last player to the respawn list!

B

Another new release!

Click here to download the new Flashpoint: Podagorsk v1.22

podagorskOverview.jpg

This version requires Operation Arrowhead + BAF + FDF Podagorsk (link provided on download page)

Includes all features from the latest v.122 of Flashpoint Chernarus.

Thanks to Orcinus for his work on this!

cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

Do you think we could get a 1.22 version of Zargabad and Shapur that doesn't require ACR Lite? Those are my favorite maps but I can't download ACR Lite because of my download speed.

Holy crap, it only took 7 minutes for me, and I only have a crappy 2mbps ADSL, are you on a 56k dial up connection?!

Holy crap, it only took 7 minutes for me, and I only have a crappy 2mbps ADSL, are you on a 56k dial up connection?!

Pretty much. Fortunately it's going to be like that just until the end of this month.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Actually the new versions of Shapur and Zargabad don't require ACR. I just played them perfectly fine without any errors.

..the new versions of Shapur and Zargabad don't require ACR. I just played them perfectly fine without any errors.

They do require ACR mate, the ACR faction now has the new vehicles aircraft and helicopters, errors will pop up when those units try and spawn!

Of course this will only be a problem in games when the Czech faction is active :)

B