thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

JetlinerX,

I tried Flashpoint Cherarus BAF 1.21 without COWarMod and I had 40FPS in rural areas and 23FPS in Chernagorsk running around the International Hotel and the industrial area. I tried the same with COWarMod enabled and the result was 25FPS in Chernagorsk. I don't understand this result, I expected less frames wich CoWarMod, not more. But these are figures FRAPS produced.

JetlinerX,

I tried Flashpoint Cherarus BAF 1.21 without COWarMod and I had 40FPS in rural areas and 23FPS in Chernagorsk running around the International Hotel and the industrial area. I tried the same with COWarMod enabled and the result was 25FPS in Chernagorsk. I don't understand this result, I expected less frames wich CoWarMod, not more. But these are figures FRAPS produced.

That discrepancy might depend on how you have configured COWarmod, which contains some files that affect clutter, etc.

Hi thomsonb. This is a great little action mission!

One issue: at "GScam" (or something like that) action appears in my AI units action lists (maybe only after the player has respawned from being a rabbit). If activated, it disables the player and turns on a camera script (the action is attached to the rabbit). May I suggest you remove this, as it can effectively end the mission for the curious player who sends his AI to perform the action :)

A suggestion: It would be good to be able to respawn as a random unit after dying.

That discrepancy might depend on how you have configured COWarmod, which contains some files that affect clutter, etc.

That's good to know, Orcinus. I have not configured COWarMod in any way. The standard addons are active, nothing was deleted and no addons from the optional folder were activated.

Hi thomsonb. This is a great little action mission!

One issue: at "GScam" (or something like that) action appears in my AI units action lists (maybe only after the player has respawned from being a rabbit). If activated, it disables the player and turns on a camera script (the action is attached to the rabbit). May I suggest you remove this, as it can effectively end the mission for the curious player who sends his AI to perform the action :)

A suggestion: It would be good to be able to respawn as a random unit after dying.

yes, it took me a while to figure out that i needed to press l and then grey out the orange labeled buttons to get free cam. and fyi, you exit with space.

yes, it took me a while to figure out that i needed to press l and then grey out the orange labeled buttons to get free cam. and fyi, you exit with space.

Hi guys, yeah sorry the controls for GCam are not very obvious! This is fixed in the next update :) For some reason I worked out the controls when I first used it, and never thought about it! I will also set the camera by default to be a free cam, with the Behind and Chase modes off by default. Also il make the action only available to the player, thanks for spotting that ceeeb

B

Hi guys, yeah sorry the controls for GCam are not very obvious! This is fixed in the next update :) For some reason I worked out the controls when I first used it, and never thought about it! I will also set the camera by default to be a free cam, with the Behind and Chase modes off by default. Also il make the action only available to the player, thanks for spotting that ceeeb

B

Sounds good man. I had a lot of fun playing these missions yesterday. I think I prefer the vanilla AI over ASR AI. I keep getting raped by the AI with ASR AI lol. One addon that I think really makes these scenarios better is the @TPWC_AI_SUPPRESS mod.

Sounds good man. I had a lot of fun playing these missions yesterday. I think I prefer the vanilla AI over ASR AI. I keep getting raped by the AI with ASR AI lol. One addon that I think really makes these scenarios better is the @TPWC_AI_SUPPRESS mod.

I've been finding the same with the latest asr-ai v1.16 beta2 - Robalo has significantly (40% or so) increased the aiming speed of a number of classes. However, you can copy the class settings for aiming speed from an earlier version, say 1.15, and still enkoy the extra benefits of asr_ai. I use TPW_LOS as well as TPWC AIS, makes for great & more realistic firefights.

I've been finding the same with the latest asr-ai v1.16 beta2 - Robalo has significantly (40% or so) increased the aiming speed of a number of classes. However, you can copy the class settings for aiming speed from an earlier version, say 1.15, and still enkoy the extra benefits of asr_ai. I use TPW_LOS as well as TPWC AIS, makes for great & more realistic firefights.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I think I'll stay with vanilla AI for a while though.

Edit: I just added TPW_LOS to go with TPWC_AI_Supress with vanilla AI, difficulty set to regular, edited to have no cross-hair. I fired up Shapur with Taliban vs. PMC, selected to play as taliban. Damn, that was the most fun SP Arma I've played in a while. :cool: AI performed great, TPW_LOS seemed to make the AI more quick and aggressive, and it really adds a lot that you can suppress the AI.

Edited by Zorg_DK

The beauty of ASR_AI is that its pretty customizable.

Give thomsonb a break - he already has 11 versions out :)

You could always un-pbo an existing version and change the classnames appropriately to make an ACR version for your own use.

Yeah, he also has a time consuming job(my past dream job) which makes it very hard for him to get things done. However, him and I have been working hard on multiplayer, so for those of you who are looking forward to that, let me just say - it's awesome so far. :3

As for the SP version, I will have to let him talk about. ;)

Yeah, he also has a time consuming job(my past dream job) which makes it very hard for him to get things done. However, him and I have been working hard on multiplayer, so for those of you who are looking forward to that, let me just say - it's awesome so far. :3

As for the SP version, I will have to let him talk about. ;)

So long as the Multiplayer version manages the capture the sense of chaos and the scope of an encompassing battle around the player, as the SP version does, it should be fantastic.

I'm currently fiddling around with the chenarusfactions.sqf file, trying to change the insurgent faction to the Cobra/Viper units to change things up a little bit.

I think I've edited the necessary fields, although when I compile the mission and I get to the player selection screen, nothing shows up. Its an empty field.

Can one speculate as to what I may not have done to break the system so to speak?

Hi all

I have got the ACR expansion, and I will get around to adding the units whenever I can, firstly to the ACR faction in Flashpoint Takistan etc, maybe with an option to disable specific factions?

Im not a great fan of the new maps though, seem to me like small slices of Chernarus painted green, and not as polished as other BIS maps. Why didn't they release a full map summer Chernarus?!

I have been working on the MP version a fair bit. As JetlinerX says, its getting good, still missing features of course, but gameplay has been great in testing. Some overwhelming ambushes and battles, and some tense stealthy moments too. Expect a Takistan release in next couple of days.

Latest thing is Im testing out various different "Revive scripts". What are your favorite MP revive systems you have used?

Right now the best Revive Iv tested in my mission is R3F, because its really simple, has dragging and revive, and is very light on code, and performance... Open to suggestions...

...I'm currently fiddling around with the chenarusfactions.sqf file, trying to change the insurgent faction to the Cobra/Viper units to change things up a little bit....

I could speculate all day (I always break it too when I mess around with the big arrays!) What doesn't show up? It could be simple, you have broken the arrays by missing a " ] " or a " ; "

I seriously recommend using notepad++ with sqf highlighting or another programming tool like that, it shows all code elements in color so you can see if you have missed something easily!

Im sure I can help if you give more description of the prob!

Iv made some init.sqf improvements in the MP test version, which I have just added to the SP version, for the next update. Some of the improvements will make it easier to port to new maps!

B

Hi all

I have got the ACR expansion, and I will get around to adding the units whenever I can, firstly to the ACR faction in Flashpoint Takistan etc, maybe with an option to disable specific factions?

Im not a great fan of the new maps though, seem to me like small slices of Chernarus painted green, and not as polished as other BIS maps. Why didn't they release a full map summer Chernarus?!

I have been working on the MP version a fair bit. As JetlinerX says, its getting good, still missing features of course, but gameplay has been great in testing. Some overwhelming ambushes and battles, and some tense stealthy moments too. Expect a Takistan release in next couple of days.

Latest thing is Im testing out various different "Revive scripts". What are your favorite MP revive systems you have used?

Right now the best Revive Iv tested in my mission is R3F, because its really simple, has dragging and revive, and is very light on code, and performance... Open to suggestions...

I could speculate all day (I always break it too when I mess around with the big arrays!) What doesn't show up? It could be simple, you have broken the arrays by missing a " ] " or a " ; "

I seriously recommend using notepad++ with sqf highlighting or another programming tool like that, it shows all code elements in color so you can see if you have missed something easily!

Im sure I can help if you give more description of the prob!

Iv made some init.sqf improvements in the MP test version, which I have just added to the SP version, for the next update. Some of the improvements will make it easier to port to new maps!

B

Sounds very promising, I'm encouraged to hear about the progress.

I suppose I could narrow you speculation down a bit.

I believe the problem I'm experiencing is because I'm trying to incorporate different weapons into the game, and it seems those completely bork the player selection window and strip it of any options.

Is there any specific reason for this that you can think of?

I'm wondering if its because the weapons I'm attempting to incorpoate are addons, and aren't being precached or loaded or whatever you call that at the top of the mission.sqm

That's pretty much my only guess.

I'm able to incorporate other units just fine otherwise.

...I'm trying to incorporate different weapons into the game, and it seems those completely bork the player selection window and strip it of any options....

That means you have a script error somewhere before the list of players.

The script will stop running when it hits an error.

make sure you run Arma2 with the -showScriptErrors switch, so you can see where the error is (it will show you the line number)

Every " ; " is important ;)

hope that helps!

B

That means you have a script error somewhere before the list of players.

The script will stop running when it hits an error.

make sure you run Arma2 with the -showScriptErrors switch, so you can see where the error is (it will show you the line number)

Every " ; " is important ;)

hope that helps!

B

I'm usually pretty good with my "punctuation", but I suppose I should go through any scripts with a more appropriate program than notepad.

Things seem to be working fine right now, however while you're around, can you tell me a little more about this:

RU_AMMOS = [6,7,8];

RU_GRENS = [2,3,4];

If I wish to alter the weapon pool of a particular faction, I'm assuming there must be some relevance to that and at least the RU_AMMO array.

I'm somewhat paranoid of borking the scripts again.

Additionally, if I were to define a weapon such as:

WPN_M59 = ["KPFS_MP59","KPFS_32Rnd_MP59"];

Would this, depending on its placement upset the order defined in the aforementioned arrays?

RU_AMMOS = [6,7,8];

RU_GRENS = [2,3,4];

Those are arrays of ammo counts. This means any unit with theses settings will have randomly 6,7 or 8 magazines, and 2,3 or 4 grenades.

You can set this specifically for each unit.... the RU_AMMOS and RU_GRENS are just "shortcuts" I use, as most Russian units have the same settings.

For example, if you want a machinegunner to always have exactly 5 magazines and exactly 2 grenades, define him like this:

RU_MAN_MG = [["RU_Soldier"],[WPN_PK,WPN_PK_SCOPE],WPN_NO_SEC,WPN_GRENADE_E,[5],[2],WPNS_NVG];

See I have used actual arrays for [5] and [2] in this case, instead of the RU_AMMOS,RU_GRENS variables

(also note, there is a choice of 2 types of gun here, it will be randomly chosen)

Defining your own variables like you said "WPN_M59 = ["KPFS_MP59","KPFS_32Rnd_MP59"];" will be perfectly fine (just it must always be a unique variable name!)

They are all just shortcuts, to avoid typing in 1000 arrays for each unit type!!

cheers

B

@Pd3: also look for sbsmac's "Squint" - that will analyse your code & report errors. A very good tool.

perhaps it's been asked a ton, multiplayer also with ACE 2 mod version planned? Me and a buddy can't wait to play together as taliban snipers, against us army :)