Sign in to follow this  
AlphaKappa

Rescue missions? "Steal the helicopter" missions? Seeking script suggestions! Thanks!

Hey guys,

There are a few different types of missions I'd like to implement, and while I know the basics of triggers and waypoints, I'm not sure how to go about making more complex missions.

For example, I'd like to make a rescue mission where you have to land a helicopter, collect some guys on the ground, and then ferry them to a safe zone. Is it possible to script this kind of thing?

And what about a mission where you steal a helicopter or plane, and have to bring it to a certain area? Can you make it so that a trigger can recognize the presence of a specifically named aircraft? When landed, even?

I'm not looking for exact snippets of code although that would be totally amazing. If you can point me in the direction of related functions though, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

I know that you can use trigger to check if any vehicle is present. You have to group this trigger with wanted vehicle and then edit the trigger as you wish. Just remember to group it and not synhronise. The same with guys. I don't know how to check if you've landed.

Rescue mission:

create 2 triggers.

In 1st you write:

in condition:

unit1 distance pow1 <5

in on act. :

[pow1,pow2] join unit1

pow1,2 etc units that you must rescue they join to your squad, unit1 your unit.

2nd trigger:

condition:

pow1 distance evac1 <50 or pow2 distance evac1 <50

on act.

Hint "You save our soldiers"

evac1-name of object on map where you must bring pow1 or 2 to end task

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

If you use "and" not "or" in 2nd trigger you must rescue pow1 and 2. In 2nd trigger you can add:

[pow1,pow2] join unit2

unit2 soldier in evac point pow1 and pow2 will join to him.

About steal airplane:

in condition:

plane1 distance evac1 <200

on act:

hint "You steal the plane"

plane1-name of plane that you must steal, evac1-object on map where you must bring plane, for example invisible airfield