Get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wcdz97jhhkxma3a

REQUIRES:

ACE

CBA

LINGOR

ARMA2OA

Hey everyone!!!

This is FORCEFIELDS, a 10 slot COOP mission in Lingor, made by Doodle and myself.

This mission is the brainchild of Doodle, who always liked the idea of players working for their stuff

instead of giving them everything right from the begining. Here however you have several tasks to accomplish.

The island is pretty much populated with patrols walking around. There is no such thing as you walk into a zone

and enemy spawn, maybe except for just a small task...

Find the vehicles and repair/refuel/tow them back to your base or whenever you feel like it. Pay attention to your ammo,

your first task is very important you must recover your ammo crate back to your base. It won't be staright away easy. Remember

this is COOP.

Credits and thanks:

Doodle;

"Puff the Magic Dragon" aka Tuph;

All of the =WB= brotherhood for believing and friendship;

The amazing ARMA community specially the following chaps:

Sickboy, for the unlimited patience and eye opening until i understood eventhandlers;

Muzzleflash, scripting help;

PELHAM, scripting help;

Demonized, basically the man responsible for my scripting ability startup;

Shuko, for amazing me with his scripting skills and TASKMASTER;

Wolffy and MSO team for NOMAD;

ACE team for ACE 2;

madbull for R3F logistics;

Norrin for revive script;

Bon for his bon_settings dialog;

Tophe for Vehicle Respawn Script;

IceBreakr for Lingor!!

My beautiful, future wife Leila, who i love so much, for her immense patience with this strange addiction of mine...

Disclaimer:

If you want to use any of the work here, please do, but at least credit their authors.

Any problems, please let me know!

Thank you and enjoy!

Excellent work. Thanks for taking the time to do this mission for us.

So far it is great. Lots of things to do and a very tense environment.

Thanks. Let me know, if you find any bugs.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

If enough people ask, i might do a different version updated with lingor units instead. Some may prefer that setting.

"21:08:48 Mission 'FORCEFIELDS' contains bad link to a static object. Open it in the editor and save it again."

when trying it on a dedicated server :(

Edit: More info:

Object id 952349a5 (421) not found in slot 105,169

Link cannot be resolved

Edit2: Ok, i fixed it. You have a trigger linked to a fuelpump up north. Removed it and now it works.

Edited by tommytoad2

@tommytoad2

Which Lingor version are you using? Keep in mind because IceBreakr changes things around you might get these small errors, as mission was built with Lingor V1.337.

Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: There might be additional problems with nearestobject BTW, as i thought i had replaced all the linked triggers with game logics instead. Keep checking RPT files please.

Yes, you changed all of them but one. The one to the most north.

After i removed that one everything works, i just have one small "problem" now. Yesterday when we were playing one of the AI:s just respawned 1 meter from me and got teleported into a static weapon. I don't know if it's meant to be like that? Is the enemy spawning again and mounting the statics?

Edit: Having lots of trouble with respawning static-mounts. I don't know if it's meant to be like that?

We are 3-4 guys running the mission on it's second day now and all the static mounts are back again. Makes it hard to clean up an area and move on to the next.

Edited by tommytoad2

Yes there is static re-manning and it's meant to be like that. However the spawning is on a fixed location. I find it funny that you were on the precise location where they spawn to mount the statics again. It is possible to happen but the probability is really low. I mean really low.

They won't spawn forever though, there is a counter which counts down from a specific number of soldiers, like if they were reinforcements. When that number reaches zero, they stop respawning and the statics won't be remanned.

Ok as i can see it in my HD, they respawn every 2 hours and there is a 500 soldier reinforcement. That means that if you have killed 100 soldiers in the statics, the enemy will still have 400 left to reinforce the statics. When that number reaches zero the script terminates and there is no respawning for statics anymore.

What i can do is maybe add server parameters for players to choose respawning time and total number of reinforcements for static mounts.

That will come in an upgraded version.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. We were wondering last night if we should just give up if they respawn all the time but now when i know there's a limit i'm pumped again.

I really like this mission, we have not come very far yet but everyone is having fun.

edit: Yeah, i don't think we are gonna deplete their reserves in a week. 500 is a lot for 3-4 players. Is the patrols included in that number? Then it's doable.

Mission is totally doable, without having to kill everyone. You have to think more tactically, that's one of the reasons why there is so many enemy around. Patrols are totally independent, the game world would be empty and unbalanced pretty fast. But stuff will be adapting as the mission is going forward. ;)

Rule of thumb, it is supposed to be that way. Lot of enemy. Difficult. A challenge.

For instance, trying to assassinate Lopotev and Bardak should be difficult enough. Try to do your tasks as smoothly as possible. Bringing back the ammo crate is kind of an tutorial approach to tactics in the mission, because if you lose it you won't have any ammo. The ammo supply drop comes around a week later. So the motto is, don't waste ammo, make every bullet count.

Of course for me, i haven't been playing it, so improvements won't be very fast, i already have a "to do list" but playing the actual thing a lot more would probably ring a lot more bells and faster.

Anyway, i can guarantee this is only going to improve.

I advise you guys to focus on tasks, not on the number of soldiers you are killing and facing. Be reminded that the statics "thing" is balanced enough. There are 2 tasks focused on destroying static AA guns (will make flying easier) as well as Metis launchers. This way you won't take a big risk driving around, or being very worried about losing a vehicle you worked so hard to repair and refuel. Although there is a lot of enemy there is a lot of stuff to aid you as well. You just have to work hard for it.

I just find it so hard to avoid the grenade luanchers that seem to be almost everywhere. And since they are so well hidden it makes it even harder to spot them in time. The problem is that we can't find any good way to the objectives without getting shot at by the statics. No good way to go by car since there's statics all over the roads, in the woods the cars just behave as they always do (awful :P), the ATV:s kinda works but they are not very good for logistics. The chopper/s seems to be targeted by everything on the map as soon as you lift off, that includes the "normal" statics.

I understand the way it's meant to be a challenge but some of these statics shoots you from 1km+ away. You want a good example? Take a vehicle and go northwest on the small dirt road, when you get to the airport you are under fire from a static MG from the hill behind the city next to the airport.

I know we could walk everywhere but that get's really tedious after a while. Especially when you get spotted by some hidden static and he takes you out in an instant.

We like it hard but not near impossible. Perhaps there could be a 24 hour respawn time on the statics? Or make them respawn randomly instead of respawning all of them? Or perhaps less statics and more normal patrols/mechanized patrols?

Not to complain on your decisions or anything like that, just my feedback. Hard is fun but it's almost near impossible to get any momentum.

I appreciate every input! :D

The respawn on the statics will have an option for server admins. So when you start the mission you can choose how much time until they respawn.

Yes i can randomize the number of soldiers spawned for the statics. For instance if you kill 40 static soldiers, when it respawns it will choose a random number that tops at 40 and respawn that amount.

I will also look at them, re-position and maybe remove some of the statics.

But do remember, the mission was made to be very very hard, and i've played older versions with friends (we were only 3 guys, myself included) where i had more statics in game and we managed to do a good job ourselves. Although yeah, it was hell. But that's how we liked it.

Anyway, please understand that the mission would never come out perfect in its first iteration, so please keep posting your feedback, and keep checking for upcoming versions.

Thanks!! :cool:

Found some bugs.

Sometimes one of our players gets unconscious and when we revive him he's still screaming and ~300 seconds later he dies. One time the same player got teleported to the sea, washed ashore, died and respawned in camp. Lost his map, gps etc etc. No way to find new map so had to restart the mission.

One time i could not JIP without the server telling me my charcater was dead and that i had to choose a new one. Tried every slot, same thing. Had to restart the mission once more.

RPT is getting spammed with "Client: Object 9:0 (type Type_70) not found" and "Duplicate weapon detected for Soldier_TL_PMC

No owner

No owner

No owner

No owner"

Also "Out of path-planning region for O 1-2-K:2 at 3845.0,4491.3, node type".

Unconscious-cam has a bug when it spams the key you held in when you "died". If you try to change cam or watch another person you often crash with a "out of memory, requested 0 bytes".

Although there still might be some bugs with Norrin's revive, i don't think that's the case. I think that you guys just started the mission without looking at parameters.

The JIP thing you describe is NOMAD system most probably. When you start a mission, the character you choose gets assigned to you by default. There is also a default number of times you can die. Yeah it's that hardcore! So when you start the mission set the parameters, remember you need to be set as admin, and adjust NOMAD system or disable it.

RPT messages flood, with only a small exception, is not due to the mission. That will probably be improved on the next patch.

Oh and uncounscious cam is frfom Norrin's revive, which sometimes yes, bugs a little, but i've never seen the bug you mention.

Thanks for reporting!