Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Project Phoenix The successor to Domination for ARMA2/3

Rgr that. I'm at work now :( I'll make a start this evening.

If you guys want me to start a Skype group, just ask. It's already done and waiting :) - I just need a PM with your Skype username and I'll add you.

If you guys want me to start a Skype group, just ask. It's already done and waiting :) - I just need a PM with your Skype username and I'll add you.

skype username same as my username here.

Thanks for the invite Tankbuster.

I have my hands full with my own mods and projects, i can however give some ideas,feedback, and or test when there is a working version up.

Thanks for the reply, GS. Appreciate whatever you can do.

I'm too noob of Arma to offer anything substantial, but as a frustrated beginner mission maker I can't look forward enough for any result from this endeavourù!

All the best guys!

I'll be watching this thread very closely but my RL is keeping me busy atm. If i realize i could help at some point i will. :)

- that said, in general it would be nice if this framework would follow the K.I.S.S. principle - just the cake without the iceing. Much better to learn & catch up for some ppl.

- Talking about modular approach: what would be better?

a.) the missiondesigner desides what modules to include into the mission and which parameters an admin can choose on his server

or

b.) all modules are active by default. The missiondesigner may only choose what range of values can be chosen by an admin

i'd say a.)

And what modules are we talking about actually? Which BIS modules will be used and which will be customized?

Edited by ])rStrangelove

Good luck with this project. I would help out but I am a noob at coding but I am still learning.

I think this is a good idea with having modules placed down in the editor that allows things to be done easier when making a mission (such as vehicle respawn). Also would be nice if these modules were MP capable as many of the default BIS ones aren't at the moment (ULB, UAV anyone?)

About the modular design.

I think it would be awesome if Arma 2 coders united and created an Open Source framework of modules working well together. Simple, but with good compatibility, well documented and potential to be further refined. Im talking about modules like:

*random task like ones from patrol ops

*recruitment

*transportation

*convoys

*capturing and holding towns

*reinforcements

*support for players

*random enemy patrols

*enemies hunting down players

*saving gear

*custom respawns

*vehicles support like respawns, resupply, repair

*help from other AI teams

*buying gear

etc.

Im sure that our community would benefit greatly from Open Source Project like this. You would just need to slap disclaimer that modded modules are NOT supported in any way.

That's the kind of idea Taro8. Being able to 'plug-in' different modules will be superb.

The group is growing but we will always need talented coders to help out! I have set up a Skype Group.

Im talking more about freely available groundwork for mission making. A library of scripts, compiled to work together out of the box. Of course this is what you guys may have in mind all along and Im just rumbling here.

It might be the result of what we do, I suppose. I expect that the framework of the mission will have a bunch of modules that hang off it, coded by different people.

If I'm honest, that wasn't at the front of my mind when I started this - I just wanted to make a mission that would be an appropriate homage to Domination and that could be taken into A3 when it comes along.

Also, anyone who has has a contact request accepted by me , but not yet been dragged into the Skype phoenix dev chat, please get in touch. I suck at managing Skype.

Edited by Tankbuster

Heh, sorry for butting in like that. It is just that I think, that our community would GREATLY benefit from such script library, if it was created.

Don't apologise. If that's a side effect of what we do, then that's cool, but it's not our immediate objective.

Might I suggest making a forum group for internal developer chat?

Good idea Max - will ask Tank to sort one out. Meanwhile here is a project logo I did - pm me with any suggestions. I have it in various transparencies / backgrounds etc. I will make it into a sig so we can advertize the project and ArmaIII.

phoenixlogo3.jpg

Edited by PELHAM

I'd say lets worry about a logo when there's actually some content?

A flag to march behind .... nice one!

Edited by Kremator

Don't forget it's currently only a working title, though that is excellent! :)

As soon as I have the Redmine issue tracker up, I'll start creating accounts. It has a forum system too, so I think we're good for that.

Hopefully I'll be able to get these systems up by Friday at the latest.

For those in the dev group, please check the skype chat for url of the dev website and sign up.

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Might I suggest making a forum group for internal developer chat?

I'd like to keep this thread open for the time being Max. As our project forums are closed (limited to our devs/testers) for the time being, this might be the best place to get input and feedback from the community at large?

What happened to this development guys is it all hush hush now or have i missed something ?

(watches the tumbleweed rolling by)