Sign in to follow this  
meester

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

as stated alot, Ace3, but I would like to see a full feature Australian mod. With fully detailed vehicles, infantry etc, and maybe even a small map in Australia?, so much potential

I'm going to create several maps designed specifically for PVP close quarters combat. The maps will be approximately twice the size of most MW3 maps and the layouts will be very similar to the MW3 Bakaara map - to ensure that typical engagements are at very short range.

Not that there are ones already however as a naval fan I wish to see some navy in BIS ArmA once so if its impossible I remember someone made some frigates and destroyers for ArmA 2 but well were bugged, since ArmA 3 has underwater action submarines would be nice so does frigates and destroyers

as stated alot, Ace3, but I would like to see a full feature Australian mod. With fully detailed vehicles, infantry etc, and maybe even a small map in Australia?, so much potential

As long as I get to go civilian SCUBA diving with all the extremely dangerous Aussie animals.

I'm going to create several maps designed specifically for PVP close quarters combat. The maps will be approximately twice the size of most MW3 maps and the layouts will be very similar to the MW3 Bakaara map - to ensure that typical engagements are at very short range.

I would get the impression that some people would angry over this, only seeing the MW3 part of it. But I think it could have potential in learning CQC combat.

Not that there are ones already however as a naval fan I wish to see some navy in BIS ArmA once so if its impossible I remember someone made some frigates and destroyers for ArmA 2 but well were bugged, since ArmA 3 has underwater action submarines would be nice so does frigates and destroyers

THIS!!!

Aircraft carriers... Frigates.. Destroyers... Corvettes.. Submarines..

It sounds beautiful.

Hi, i would spect an USMC mod, with the current equipment and also the experimental one or newer current one. Let's C ya

A lot of things:

1) Weapon packs. I like trying out new weapons. M16/M4s, AKs, FALs, Galils, Uzis, G3s, MG3s, ect. As long as they are real world and are actually used. Not interested in Kriss and other stuff.

2) Some quality country/military mods. Looking forward to seeing the US Army, USMC, British Army, IDF, Canadian forces, Russian military, and other forces.

3) ACE 3 of course.

4) Some mods that add entirely new features. For example, proper flash bangs, better AI commands for opening doors/tossing in grenades, better in door navigation and similar.

5) A mod that brings vehicles to lighter simulator levels. Realistic armor, some basic targeting systems and realistic weapons.

6) Quality, detailed, optimized maps. Would like at least one of the following:

Snowy winter map with snowed out towns, military compounds and whatnot.

Desert map.

Jungle map.

European forest map (think of default ArmA 2 map).

Modern urban map in a modernized city. Something we have not seen yet in ArmA.

I would get the impression that some people would angry over this, only seeing the MW3 part of it. But I think it could have potential in learning CQC combat.

The MW3 maps are perfect for simulating urban operations. Tall bombed-out buildings, narrow alleys and rubble-filled streets would provide the perfect setting for conducting realistic MOUT training and missions.

The MW3 maps are perfect for simulating urban operations. Tall bombed-out buildings, narrow alleys and rubble-filled streets would provide the perfect setting for conducting realistic MOUT training and missions.

Yes and I agree, some slight modifications and boom! You got a MOUT course.

It just seems that Call of Duty would be a buzzword here on the ArmA forums.

All I say is this. When it comes time for you to release such maps, don't present them as "MW3" maps, and people will download them. Just don't mention COD or MW or BF even, and people won't criticize...

I don't expect any mods from anyone, but I'm sure plenty will be made that I will appreciate.

All I say is this. When it comes time for you to release such maps, don't present them as "MW3" maps, and people will download them. Just don't mention COD or MW or BF even, and people won't criticize...

Mate myself and 16 other guys in my brigade play VBS2 twice a week and intend on moving over to ArmA3, so if someone doesn't want to download a custom map - that will be adapted off what in our opinion is the most practical map we have seen so far for MOUT operations - then that's their loss not mine. :)

A non-scifi mod that adds a lot of modern day stuff.

Oh, and spinfusors.

+1

A Tribes mod with 100+ players and crazy-huge maps would be fokken awesome! :D Probably impossible though, unless you can mod character physics to recreate proper skiing and jetpacking.

I'll probably remake my ambient sound mod, to replace or supplement the original. But since the sources for the sounds are questionable, I'm keeping this on a close circle of friends only (I'll share the config work though, as I've done in the past). Much of the ambient stuff (not only sound) that was present in Domino, I have already made into addons instead of incorporating it into missions (kinda like old ECS mod, but less advanced naturally), but also that is clan use only (for now, don't think many are interested in that kind of stuff since it has a performance cost).

I'd like to use current weapons in addition to the vanilla futuristic ones, but I'm reluctant on using mods for this as they are typically not supported by other sound mods. And having vastly different sounds and parameters is a huuuge immersion killer for me. but I always enjoy messing around with winter mods.

To be honest unless it has much improved online modes, I probably wont even play it until bennys edition comes along or something similar. It's only really CTI that I play in Arma2.