Sign in to follow this  
meester

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

maybe like this: all players start somewhere on the map.. all cities are occupied by AI Soldiers, maybe not all (with some luck there could be a civ town we can occupy).. etc maybe some empty vehicles can be found or can be stolen...

we can conquer a city and make diplomatic peace with other players cities, but we can also fight other players... our cities gives us income we can build ai soldier armys or we can give money to our allys..

we can make alliances we can make all vs all.. its up to the player crowd.. we can betray etc etc, we can leave the game and gift our stuff to another player or give it back to the AI...

just like the old cardboardgames.. maybe it is a littlebit too long game mode, so it could be forced only on a smaller part of the map, or the smaller map in A3..

could be persistent mode, but must not be..

YES! I always liked the political/economical aspects in strategy games and I wondered what it would be like in an ArmA type game mode.

What if you are in command of like... guerrilla/insurgent fighters secretly who are engaging the forces on the island and publicly, you are a politician trying to manage your own town and eventually take the island back?

And if someone did make this type of gamemode, I would be interested in seeing how it would work on my UNSC mod.

I would create following mods:

- weapon rest on ground/obstacles/vehicles/fellow soldiers

- if the main pilot gets shot, coplilot should be able to take over + general controlswitch when pilot can hand over controls to copilot

- shootin and running in/out of vehicles

- spreading fire

- if the main pilot gets shot, coplilot should be able to take over + general controlswitch when pilot can hand over controls to copilot

- shootin and running in/out of vehicles

- spreading fire

You would or you will...?

back on topic, i have few models that will surely NOT make their appearance in due time for A2, but should be ready (from a modelling and texturing pov) by the time A3 kick is...not even touching the RHS subject here, since that is part of a bigger pie ;)

Since i don't really announce anything yet, i'll just say the list should have the those letters in :icon1::

F2POM5DBHM8TI

Psst, that's already part of Take On Helicopters :)

Xeno

I requested this long time ago in the "Community wishes & ideas" thread, this should be in Arma 3 without any mod, because it just makes sence.

I was skeptical about the graphical potential in ARMA 3 with what I wanted to do... I needed great lighting, reflective surfaces, and support for really large building structures. The lighting demo and physics had me sold.

I have been wanting to do a Tron mod with ARMA for a long time. I want to really push the engine to its limits and see a side of ARMA I don't think people are really expecting to see.

My Favourites Ranking:

- ACE3

- ACRE

- ArmA3 2 MySQL for Linux dedicated (<- Dream on ...)

I was skeptical about the graphical potential in ARMA 3 with what I wanted to do... I needed great lighting, reflective surfaces, and support for really large building structures. The lighting demo and physics had me sold.

I have been wanting to do a Tron mod with ARMA for a long time. I want to really push the engine to its limits and see a side of ARMA I don't think people are really expecting to see.

How would a TRON mod even work...?

How would a TRON mod even work...?

I know, right? I was thinking it would be very difficult having a Lightcycle arena / Disc war in a shooting game myself. It might be possible with advanced scripting and some custom animations. (Disc throwing animations, vehicle obliteration with on-collision events for the rear light trails depending on the angle and velocity, etc) but that's too speculative at this point, because I don't know what detailed features ARMA III will have, and it might be too complex to implement.

So I was thinking of a story where the U.S. military gets involved with Encom and begins using Sam Flynn's NEW beta grid, almost like VBS1 / VBS2, where they use it as a training simulator and things go terribly wrong. That gives the excuse to include a very imaginable arsenal... disc-launchers, glossy/glowing guns, Tron tanks, armed Lightcycles and Recognizers...etc. Would also be very fun to create a death-defying race track, and with the new physics being implemented, a stunt course (Rush 2 anybody?)

But more than anything, I want to do this because of Tron's environment. Back in the Op Flashpoint days I dreamed of creating a night time cityscape with high rise buildings, but the collision detection had a size limit, meaning you'd fly right through the buildings!

We'll see how things pan out.

You can do that, or you can go the "Fuck it, it's a mod, who says it NEEDS a reason to exist" ;)

For buildings you could use multiple pieces if necessary, that should keep the collision useable. Also you may want to contact this person.

Edited by NodUnit

I expect some gore mods as well as first aid systems and sound mods. And some units/weapons from nowadays.

A quality soundmod, ACE3 and a quality WW2 mod and I'm set. Would love to see WW2 on this engine.

I am not expecting anything from anyone, but some mods that I am really looking forward to would be (In Order Of Want)

1. Ace3

2. RobertHammer's Weapon packs

3.WarFX: Blastcore

I plan to learn Java, so hopefully I can try to create my own at some point.

Arid Camouflage Combat Shirt Reskin addon of certain NATO nations, granted I can find high quality images of all the patterns:

US - multicam (basically the standard ArmA3 nato uniform but with off-white torso), aor-3 (basically a digital multicam judging from pictures)

UK - multi-terrain pattern

Germany - aridfleck (flecktarn with multicam colors)

Poland - desert gepard (slightly recolored to look more like multicam)

Italy - multiland (basically vegetato camo in multicam colors)

I plan on creating this addon by the way; it's not request wish. I already have mockup designs of the camouflage patterns and the torso colors for each.

EDIT: Mockups:

arma3combatshirtmultica.jpgarma3combatshirtaor3.jpgarma3combatshirtmtp.jpgarma3combatshirtaridfle.jpgarma3combatshirtgeparda.jpgarma3combatshirtmultila.jpg

It'll probably be a NATO unit addon, not just a uniform addon, consisting of the following units:

SFOD-D (US), ST6/DEVGRU (US), SAS (UK), KSK (DE), GROM (PL), Il Nono (IT, 9th Parachutist Assault Regiment)

Edited by antoineflemming

ACE 3 would be nice but modular so you can keep some features and get rid of ones you don't like. For example, AI, Wounding system, Combat deafness, Weapon Rest etc should all be optional and in seperate sections.

There are gunna be modern day Russians and Marines and their weapons and vehicles modded in from very early on, so I'm going to suggest something different like modern day PLA (Chinese Army) and modern day Iranian Army. The more large factions/superpowers (if you can call Iran a super power yet?) the better as they bring way more content (units, vehicles, weapons, scenarios) to the game and while stuff like Frenchpoint and Australians at War and Operation Northstar I am looking forward to, a milsim like Arma isn't complete without USA, Russia, China and Iran.

Also, JSRS, especially with the improved distance mechanics in Arma 3's sound engine JSRS should be a great soundmod.

ACE 3 would be nice but modular so you can keep some features and get rid of ones you don't like. For example, AI, Wounding system, Combat deafness, Weapon Rest etc should all be optional and in seperate sections.

There are gunna be modern day Russians and Marines and their weapons and vehicles modded in from very early on, so I'm going to suggest something different like modern day PLA (Chinese Army) and modern day Iranian Army. The more large factions/superpowers (if you can call Iran a super power yet?) the better as they bring way more content (units, vehicles, weapons, scenarios) to the game and while stuff like Frenchpoint and Australians at War and Operation Northstar I am looking forward to, a milsim like Arma isn't complete without USA, Russia, China and Iran.

Also, JSRS, especially with the improved distance mechanics in Arma 3's sound engine JSRS should be a great soundmod.

Wait, you're not talking about modern Iran as a superpower, are you?

I hope to see proper british uniforms and weapons (current time). Either as a DLC or from some very dedicated modmakers.

Out of curiosity, what language is the game written in? Would I be able to tweak the engine and lower level things?

Out of curiosity, what language is the game written in? Would I be able to tweak the engine and lower level things?

C++

Scripting languages will be SQF, and Java (to what extent, it is left to be seen, since TkOH java implementation is flimsy atm).

What do you mean by lowering level settings anyhow?

You're not going to get into the engine and change hardcoded stuff, but there's a lot you can change via scripts/configs/the editor

C++

Scripting languages will be SQF, and Java (to what extent, it is left to be seen, since TkOH java implementation is flimsy atm).

What do you mean by lowering level settings anyhow?

C++..thank you thank you...i have been dealing with a studio that wrote a complex combatt Flight sim in .NET (C#) and no I am not kidding...needless to say it is/was a disaster

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

You're not going to get into the engine and change hardcoded stuff, but there's a lot you can change via scripts/configs/the editor

can a mod like invassion 44 be done except for aircraft that have complex engine management damage models and flight models?

can a mod like invassion 44 be done except for aircraft that have complex engine management damage models and flight models?

complex engine management might be possible with some workaround. Changing flight model....if anything close to TKOH, it depends on the libraries used. Editing those (or create your own), it is outside my league, so i cannot answer, maybe some dev can...

I want to see all the RH weapons pack and some new ones maybe an AK 200 pack ? :p