Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

RG-6 and Heavy Grenadier units

Thanks for the mirrors - always appreciated! :)

UPDATE: v1.1 MLODs now available! Look for this file in the same download location listed in the first post: pook_gl_v1.1_MLOD.rar

I have found the culprit.

Apparently the addon BD_40mm.pbo does not like your addon for some reason and attaches a muzzle flash to the tips of your launchers.

Pity though, because that's a pretty cool addon featuring chemical rounds.

PD3 I'm glad you found that. Hopefully they can make a new version of that mod.

BailyOne I don't see how you could do that because of the way the soldier animation works when holding a pistol. it would look like you're trying to stick it down your throat LOL Besides those larger launchers are really better suited to the secondary weapon slot.

PD3 I'm glad you found that. Hopefully they can make a new version of that mod.

BailyOne I don't see how you could do that because of the way the soldier animation works when holding a pistol. it would look like you're trying to stick it down your throat LOL Besides those larger launchers are really better suited to the secondary weapon slot.

they are disposable/discardable, as their [Russian]name suggests, just like their AT/HEAT-warhead-equipped original version are, just like American/Sweden-made LAW/M72 was in past.

there is how it could be - weapon/ammo's stored in pistol slot but then, after being handed/taken/switched into, relocated into common weapon GL animation, transparenty, BEFORE such issue happen.

ideally, however, would be is someone write NEW animation of such sub-class of AT-sidearms, with taking out, raising to shoulder, [optional]preparing, holding and aiming/pointing before use.

I fixed the problem for BD_30mm, I'm going to contact the author if I can and tell them what they need to do in order to remove the persistent muzzle with your addon.

Edited by Pd3

I'm having trouble getting the units to engage at maximum range.

IRL, some magazine can be extended at maximum range as a kind of area-bombardment/suppression weapon - while a few magazines would be retained for precision work. I'd like to see a bunch of these units 'light up the night'.

I'd like to see a bunch of these units 'light up the night'.

You and me both! I know exactly what you mean - they like to try to flank and get into a better firing position, when they obviously have the means to provide area suppression.

I believe this will require a change to the default AI behavior to be more aggressive. I do not know how to alter this behavior.

A quick n' dirty way to do it would be to give the AI a burst fire mode... (which the player would simply avoid using). I'm sure some scripting Guru could probably do better though.

Is there any chance that the next update will include HE-Frag rounds in addition to the Thermobaric round as an option for the GM-94?

Thanks for all of the work!

A little tease of upcoming goodness:

MORE Thermobaric launchers: MAAWS and RPG-7. This is the new TBG-7V Thermobaric warhead:

TB1.jpg

AND... can you guess what this will be????

smokemarker1.jpg

... if you guess SMOKE ROUNDS from the AT WEAPONS then you guess correctly... stay tuned! :cool:

Oh well this is a pleasant surprise! Looking forward to the content Pookie :D

v2.0 is released - see first post! :D

Lots of new things in this version:

- NEW launchers:

- RG-6 (aka 6G30) Russian 6-shot rotary grenade launcher

- GM-94 3-shot thermobaric (FAE) grenade launcher

- MRO-A thermobaric (FAE) RPG launcher

- RPO-A thermobaric (FAE) RPG launcher

- Mk13 Pistol version

- M79 Pistol version

- GM-94 Pistol version

- Signal flare pistol

- NEW smoke rounds for all AT weapons (great for multiplay!):

- MRO-D Smoke

- PG-7 Smoke

- SMAW Smoke

- RPO-D Area Smoke

- MAAWS Area Smoke

- NEW Thermbaric fuel-air explosive ammunition for existing launchers:

- SMAW-NE thermobaric (FAE) ammunition

- MAAWS-TB thermobaric (FAE) ammunition

- TBG-7V thermobaric (FAE) ammunition for RPG-7

- NEW OG-7 rocket model (replacement for default BIS model)

- NEW M203 rounds that use standard inventory slots (instead of pistol slots).

- New Heavy Grenadier Units and Groups for all default BIS factions using the new equipment as well as the BIS M32, Mk13 and M79 launchers.

- Ammo boxes and preloaded backpacks are also included.

======================

CHANGELOG:

======================

v2.0: 10/17/2012

NEW: Smoke rounds for all BIS AT launchers!

NEW: Thermobaric FAE rounds for MAAWS and RPG-7.

NEW: "Basic" flare pistol that shoots all standard smoke and flare rounds.

NEW: TBG-7V rocket model.

NEW: Improved OG-7V rocket model (replaces BIS model). OG-7 is an anti-personnel fragmentation round.

NEW: Ammunition and Weapon + Ammunition backpacks for all new ammunition types.

NEW: 1-round M203 rounds that take normal inventory slots instead of pistol inventory slots.

NEW: Groups (available in editor).

FIX: Ammunition issue that caused Mk13 and M79 gunners to report "out of ammo" status.

IMPROVED: Heavy Grenadier unit selection expanded with new weapon / ammunition types.

IMPROVED: Stringtable descriptions for all sections.

IMPROVED: Lower inventory ammo slot requirements.

IMPROVED: Heavy Grenadier ammo crates contain all new rounds and weapons.

IMPROVED: RPO-A "loaded" model.

==============================

CONTENT/FEATURES:

==============================

Smoke:

------

Smoke rounds now available for all AT launchers. Intended for multiplayer "look at my smoke" scenarios. Large-bore AT launchers (MAAWS and RPO-A) have large area cover smoke. Small-bore AT launchers (RPG-7, MRO-A, SMAW) have marker smoke rounds. Inventory requirements for smoke rounds are less than standard AT rounds.

Backpacks and ammo crates:

---------------------------

"Assistant AT Gunner" packs are available for all new ammunition types. Additional pre-loaded Weapon + Ammunition packs are available as well. Ideal for MP backpack heaps. "Heavy Grenadier" Ammo crates contain all new ammunition types and launchers for either East or West.

Weapons:

--------

Pistol versions are new in this release. They use the same magazines and are found in the Heavy Grenadier ammo boxes. The Mk13 and M79 pistol versions use the default BIS models via a proxy and therefore can't animate.

The RG-6 launcher is fully animated and uses new 6-shot VOG-25 magazines in HE, Smoke, and Flare, as well as default VOG-25 magazines.

The GM-94 launhcer uses new thermobaric grenades and can also use VOG-25 grenades.

The MRO-A and RPO-A launchers use thermobaric RPGs.

The TBG-7V thermobaric grenade is used in the RPG-7.

Thermobaric grenades are fuel-air explosives that produce concussion without large HE effect. The GM-94 grenades are designed for CQB scenarios and have a blast range of only 3 meters. The MRO-A and RPO-A thermobaric RPG launchers have significantly higher indirect blast effects.

Single-shot launchers Mk13 and M79 can now use 6-shot magazines. This allows them to carry pistol ammunition since it frees up the pistol ammunition slots.

Units:

--------

The Heavy Grenadier units use faction-appropriate launchers (RG-6, GM-94, and M79 for East units; M32, Mk13, and M79 for West units). MRO-A and RPO-A units are present for both East and West factions. Every default BIS faction now has at least one new "Heavy Grenadier" unit. They are also armed with a pistol/PDW depending on faction. All Heavy Grenadiers are equipped with 14-slot backpacks for "mule" duties.

Civilian police units (Chernarus and Russian) are armed with the RG-6 with smoke and flare rounds!

The new "Heavy Grenadier" preloaded backpacks are available in the editor under "Empty > Backpacks". The pre-loaded backpacks are equipped with the specified launcher and grenade magazines.

New "Heavy Grenadier" ammo crates with grenade launcher rounds are available in the editor under "Empty > Ammo".

Stringtable localizations were made through online translator and may not be ideal.

Groups:

----------

Groups are available via the editor; ideal for scripted MP spawn solutions! Classnames in readme and first post...

Foxhound and Old Bear, Thank You both so much for the mirrors!

This addon is great! However, as of the latest release, it seems to be in direct conflict with ACE (as in, it breaks the features of that mod). I don't know if this is a localized thing on my end, but thought I'd give you a heads up. Keep up the great work!

Hi, hcpookie! thanks for your work on this great addon. but i have a problem with rg-6 and gm-94 units. they cant hit target properly. all grenades fly above.

@ dingyisum - I don't use ACE so I'm not sure what to say about htat. I know ACE mods just about every thing in the game so I'm really not sure how to make the two play nicely together.

@ Velzevul - this has been discussed in the past. The guns and gunners inherit the default BIS settings and it seems the AI aren't that great with the launchers. I am trying to make them more accurate but it may not be fixable.

Thanks for the feedback!

ok, thanx for explanation. i believe there is some addon improving AI with GLs.

and thank you once more for your work! i missed RG-6 since OFP. :)

Update - v2.1:

gp25standalone.jpg

GP25 standalone launcher. Similar in design to the M203 standalone launchers out in the Real World. Simple, effective.

See first post for download info!

Stay tuned - future plans include integration with other GL packs to avoid conflicts! :cool:

New in v3.0: Sawed-Off Shotgun Pistol like Mad Max carried in the Post Apocalyptic Future!

Note the spread of the pellets, and the double hulls ejected when reloading! Of note, added small amount of indirect damage for ricochet effect, so be careful if using it near friendlies!

Download link the same, listed in first post.

SHOTTY1.jpg

shotty2.jpg

adding to rangemaster mod today - at long last!

New mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey hcpookie , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.