Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Congratulations Bohemia Interactive

....I hope for OFP's sake we get OFFICIAL, proper PVP missions in ArmA III.....

We have that only if Zaphod want to finish his work on Berzerk project :pc:

and the forums are not only a newsforum but also a good readable knowledge database thx to that!!!

+1

I'm not entirely sure that I would have stuck it out through the first few months without all the hints, tips, & guidance here, given the other demands on my time. Plus the strong sense of community here. - exceptional.

They deserve every single bit of attention for such a remarkable game. Thank you for making a game that has never failed to amaze me.

for almost two weeks, it was second.

about a month ago...

demonstrating the power of gameplay videos seeded among players.....

Good point. Another is that there isn't any other game AFAIK that could support the sandbox approach to remotely near what BIS can offer.

(& that's a good part of why I think so much of the whingeing about DayZ is myopic. Any improvement to the engine will benefit both the DayZmod & the mil-sim core).

Early today saw some videos of a game called Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Now i see how i love ArmA and BIS. Thank you BIS for remain original !!

ARMA II CO continues to be a top-seller @Steam. I'm really impressed now!

Currently playing: 2,910 Peak Today: 4,508 Title: ARMA II - Operation Arrowhead

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Strange to see that, since arma II is long time bestseller in steam now :o

Those numbers aren't as great as the "actual" ones, at: http://arma2.swec.se/game/statistics.

I'm just hoping for a similar increase in non-dayz players. Maybe in a few months when the biggest dayz hype is gone. ;)

I recently noticed a slight increase in Warfare Players that were new... I like!

ARMA II CO continues to be a top-seller @Steam. I'm really impressed now!

Crazy! I haven't paid attention in so long but damn -thats amazing! Im sure Rocket gets alot of free happy hour drinks these dayz...

its a shame about the gamer community that it needs some kind of advertising that a good excellent game is noticed.

Interesting is though that they all seem to play DayZ purely... thats confusing in my eyes. DayZ is a good mod, dont get me wrong, but I cannot play it too long, I need my Warbiests every now and then!

well like i said once, i did show dayz clan member im in, some warfare BE, they seem to be impressed, at begining they were asking me: does it have this and that kind of weapon, i said here you got everything arma got to offer, they played then about a week warfare only. Now they are back to dayz again... :-/

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

dayz_popularity.png?1340609057

that means, we got about 15k players on every day? :o

that means, we got about 15k players on every day? :o

It sure looks that way. And +20k last couple of days. :cool:

But the lower yellow section isn't rising at all. IIRC, before the dayZ, normal players count was around 4000. Seems that we've lost a lot of good troops to zombies, me included. ;)

ahah i like the way they split players by. normal and dayz players, so dayz players are abnormal? :D

Let's wait + see how long it takes until they jump to another game/mod.... or hope that no gamedev/publisher is going to sell a new awesome game or improve it via free mod (DLC).

Currently playing: 2,910 Peak Today: 4,508 Title: ARMA II - Operation Arrowhead

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Strange to see that, since arma II is long time bestseller in steam now :o

It seems like players who launch the game from the Six Launcher (which I imagine most who play DayZ do) won't show up in the Steam statistics.

Modern gaming is so crap, it's no surprise to me that DayZ is a big success, and it's very deserving. There just aren't many interesting games these days. I have always loved the idea of a hide and seek game or a survival game, or an orienteering type game or whatever, but there is just nothing like that. To me the biggest and most promising advancement was the MMORPG genre popping up in the late 90's. When I saw stuff like Ultima Online and Everquest, I imagined a future with massive online worlds allowing for all kinds of cool gameplay - massive wars, small sneaky infiltration moments, survival moments / escape, but none of it happened! All that happened was that World of Warcraft showed up and dominated the entire genre and made it super boring. Lucky we have just a few games out there like Arma2 which are actually able to provide something a bit different to what you get everywhere else.

2 months later....

Dayz has filled the game full of "special people" who have showed/exploited how many serious flaws this game has, we had a few....we used a tracker to fix them. Now all of the flaws and the reasons why this game/engine was never sold as a finsihed product are coming to light, theres so many flaws we didnt even see because of the way we were playing the game.

Iif anything it shows how Op Flash fans will buy anything made by BIS and play it their way. On the other hand it shows BIS are not ready for the "special people" to play this game.

Dayz will not work without a locked down game engine ie unmoddable.

Decisions...Decisions.....

Now that BIS is making a shit load of money because of DayZ its just another reason to not rush the release of ArmA 3.

This thread is to thank BIS, not for Discussion about whatever and surely not about DayZ or A3 development. :)

As someone who spent 100s (1000s?) of hours working on free stuff for community (mostly islands), I'm kinda glad we're staying in A2. One of reasons I stopped working on new island is because first info on A3 release was actually Summer of 2012 ;)

Dayz has filled the game full of "special people" who have showed/exploited how many serious flaws this game has, we had a few....we used a tracker to fix them. Now all of the flaws and the reasons why this game/engine was never sold as a finsihed product are coming to light, theres so many flaws we didnt even see because of the way we were playing the game.

IMHO the better they manage to break the game or uncover its flaws, the better in general. It provides very good debugging information if it's forwarded to us through CIT, or if constructive threads about certain design elements are made.