Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Congratulations Bohemia Interactive

And if we already have the perfect PVP gamemode in Arma, then why is it no gives a f-ck about (as you say) ?

I should've made it more clear: nobody = BIS, they don't care about a gamemode, which had encompassed 70% of the online population right after ArmA II's release.

People play it just because of this - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?82201-Warfare-BE-(Benny-Edition)

If this single person abandons his support, it's literally game over, while the Zombie Hunter crowd gets motion capture animation for their zeds in the upcoming update courtesy of Devs. ROFL

Anyone here ever heard of my USEC Revolution system?

the only stats you have is your lifetime since spawn, zombie and player kills ... and that's it ... and all goes null when you die

maybe. But many other things are recorded in the database. Lets call them hidden stats. But its not forgotten its tracked, and the player knows this. Its this feeling when the stuff you do is not forgotten is recorded somewhere, not useless at all whats giving sth. back.

For example: Humanity...

DOnt see stats as the typical "Leaderboard". thats not what is all about.

persistency is that thing that gives the digital life a sense... doing stuff for hours, you feel special about it..

Edited by tremanarch

Yeah, I have. But I thought it was dead, never came to mind again till today.

Exactly. Revo was DayZ without the Z.

A question for anyone calling DayZ players kiddies with ADHD.....

How many times have you walked from the coast to the airports in the NW and NE just to pick up a weapon and a bit of ammo in Arma?

DayZ players do this all the time knowing full well that within 30 seconds of getting there they could die from a zombie or a bandit and many are willing to

do it again and again despite the fact DayZ in it's current form in completly "Unwinnable" no matter how smart you play.

Edited by jblackrupert

dayz is a good mod.

for me dayz is the perfect tandem to the normal milsim!

sometimes all the hectic of the battles are overwhelming. i want do something stealthy on my own. but then after some time it gets too drilling, fear of dying.. getting paranoid. ;) then I step back to my warfare kind of mods..

For me this is a perfect symbiosis.

A question for anyone calling DayZ players kiddies with ADHD.....

How many times have you walked from the coast to the airports in the NW and NE just to pick up a weapon and a bit of ammo in Arma?

I have criss-crossed all of Chernarus and Takistan - often - to accomplish a single objective for my team, like say take out a Light Factory of the opposing team in Warfare - you're saying the ADHD would have the patience to even start to understand what military engagements mean?

DayZ players do this all the time knowing full well that within 30 seconds of getting there they could die from a zombie or a bandit and many are willing to

do it again and again despite the fact DayZ in it's current form in completly "Unwinnable" no matter how smart you play.

They play this because of persistent, cross-server character saving, which equals to a free MMORPG, which in turn means "Achievement" of attaining the most gear, the best gear, the most kills, the best kills, the best griefings et cetera ad infinitum.

P.S. I'm not seeing a revival of PVP, or even Co-op currently, are you?

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Jeez man, not everyone who plays is an achievement hunting stat whore, you seem to have some real negativity to this game mode. Have you had a go of it yet?

One of the things I like most about it is finding places I never new existed on Chernarus. I like how its just you with your gun ( and maybe a mate), tactically travelling across the country side, taking the best routes to avoid being spotted by other humans, using tree lines and hedges across fields.

I like the panic I get when I suddenly hear 2 gun shots in the distance and I hide and observe other humans doing what ever it is they're doing and not even knowing that some one is watching them. I have had 2 people walk past me (within 50m) while I was laying prone in the under growth at the edge of a forest, praying that they wouldn't notice me, which they didn't .

For most players this is the magic and it is nothing to do with stats.

In a recent interview with RockPapperShotgun, BIS devs where asked what they thought about DayZ, I found the response quite insightful:

Jay: I’d like to mention that Marek (Bohemia’s studio boss) is a huge fan of DayZ, despite not being much into the traditional ‘zombie genre’. He enjoys the strict and simple brutality of it, even seeing it as something of a return to the magic present in the Cold War Crisis and Resistance campaigns, revelling in the paucity of on-screen waypoints, save games, hints or aids.

I hadn't thought of it before I read this, but I have to agree that the last time I had "this" feeling in a BIS game was in those Resistance missions, where it was you, your map, your rifle and survival.

Edited by -=seany=-

Good for you, enjoy your zombie apocalypse, which had finally let you explore the depths of Chernarus to the fullest extent. I hope for OFP's sake we get OFFICIAL, proper PVP missions in ArmA III, so I, too, can enjoy digging through every square inch of Limnos, as I have done with Cherno thanks solely to Warfare CTI.

I have criss-crossed all of Chernarus and Takistan - often - to accomplish a single objective for my team, like say take out a Light Factory of the opposing team in Warfare - you're saying the ADHD would have the patience to even start to understand what military engagements mean?

Good for you, enjoy your CTI/Warfare that seems to be the only thing that has made you experience the game's environment. Mind, your self-appraising retort doesn't exactly prove your hateful ADHD remark; the essence of DayZ however disproves it.

Good for you, enjoy your CTI/Warfare that seems to be the only thing that has made you experience the game's environment. Mind, your self-appraising retort doesn't exactly prove your hateful ADHD remark; the essence of DayZ however disproves it.

I've played everything from your DMs, CTFs, but I do emphasize on CTI more often than not because this is where 99% of ArmA II potential is hidden. Current online situation with 500 DayZ servers against 2 CTI, 5 COOP and 1 obscure TvT server is a farce.

But you're the Oaks, I'm the Maple in this equation; you decide what's best for the game, so I will leave it up to you.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I enjoy Sidestrafe on Youtube play through DayZ but there are things that always occur that annoy me and hopefully are fixed in patch.

Zombies clipping through objects.

Players soaking up tons of ammo.

According to google trends, DayZ has brought the search volume for "Arma 2" back (almost) to what it was at launch! That's just insane.

eg7gpy.jpg

Last 12 months:

aoxkc4.jpg

Last 30 dayz... when will it end?!?

2yvt1g2.jpg

For the last few weeks - online players have multiplied by a factor of 10+

Edited by sk3pt

LOL. BattlEye is doing a damn good job. Big thanks to $able for his work. It's pathetic how some of them have come here complaining that they got banned because they were cheating and that they should be unbanned because they only cheat in DayZ.

Without $able's update, the DayZ central server would have remained shut down, so yeah. I owe him very many beers!

LOL. BattlEye is doing a damn good job. Big thanks to $able for his work. It's pathetic how some of them have come here complaining that they got banned because they were cheating and that they should be unbanned because they only cheat in DayZ.

That thread was the most hillarious thing I have read in a very long time

+1, almost wrecked my keyboard & had to wipe tea-spray off my screen!

I don't play MP yet, but appreciate the efforts of $able et al to boot out cheating prannocks like that one.

Lol, yeah. That thread was mind bottling. That jerk deserves to be banned from the forums as well since he enthusiastically admits he was cheating in Dayz servers. Once you cheat in one game chances are he's cheating somewhere else. Another fool who shot himself on the foot. Good job BattlEye.

Damn, something like this (thread) happens once in a year or so - and I totally missed it... :D Absolutely hilarious! :D

yeah, that looks like a similar thread.

Lol, one thing I've noticed about BIS forums is that more than any other game forum, they have this inexorable disdain towards threads posted in the wrong section. Veteran or noobie members will crucify you for this. Is mind-bottling. Even when logging in the forum for the first time you have to swear an oath to this law. First time I've ever seen that in a game forum.

It's not disdain that enforces that. BIf exists for over ten years now. If everyone posts without even checking if a similar thread exists already, the forum is going to get cluttered in no time. People have difficulties with reading the forum rules and using the search function, that's why the mods have to lock a lot of threads.

Since this is an overwhelming job to do community members help out the new guys, by making them aware about the "ROE" on BIF.

Cheers

and the forums are not only a newsforum but also a good readable knowledge database thx to that!!!

hello

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

You might want to make yourself familiar with the Forum rules.