Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Congratulations Bohemia Interactive

armasales.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This has been going on for days now. Highest I've seen is on third place. Even over Skyrim! It's been persistent within top ten for over a week, maybe more.

Rocket is surely making a lot of money for you. Seems like he is in for a promotion :P

But yeah. A sincere congratulations to you guys. It's about time more people recognized the wonder your game is. It's a great spark for your future release of ARMA III too. Highly deserved

theres no money been made from it, rocket made it privately

it could of been you or me who made DayZ such is the beauty of Arma ;)

EDIT: the picture just loaded :p i see what you mean now but my point still applies, anyone could of made dayz

One could also ask 'wtf is wrong with some people buying a military game just to play a zombie mod?' But maybe people only got a little bit bored with other games and just trying out something new?

Either way, I think it might be good for the ARMA community anyhow. Let's be frank, DayZ fits perfectly for the ARMA engine, and thus makes it shine for new players. If even a portion of all these new players would get into regular ARMA gameplay, it would be great for our community. I hope with all of my body that ARMA III will be a top seller. Even better, I hope it will steal a chunk of Battlefield and Cod costumers, so that the industry had to pay attention. We need more developers making good games, Bohemia is pretty much alone in that aspect.

In the history of games, mods always do make a surprising amount of revenue for the Developers. Like Counterstrike, Desert combat etc. I know of a racing sim where a whole swathe of people bought the game just to "cruise" and not race, much to the dismay of the established race community. But hey! what ever makes the devs more money can only be good. Well done BIS.

It's a great example to those publishers who see 'modding' only as a way to lose money from potential DLC sales. Although Rocket has done this in his own time (come on Rocket, I bet you took at least one sickie!!!) it certainly will have given BI some extra (probably unexpected) cash from game sales.

The only downside is the 'new people' who have moved in - some of them are cads, bounders and general ruffians. We still have time to turn them into civilised people though!

As an aside, I actually got to play DayZ in daylight today - it was much more fun than every other time I played (always night-time) and I didn't spend two hours afterwards with a red glow still in my eyes!

It was on second place a few days before.

As an aside, I actually got to play DayZ in daylight today - it was much more fun than every other time I played (always night-time) and I didn't spend two hours afterwards with a red glow still in my eyes!

I don't have the game/mod, but as far as I know, the time of day in the game depends on where the server is located- if it's night time in the server's timezone then it'll also be night in the game. So just pick a server that's situated in such a timezone where it's day

I don't have the game/mod, but as far as I know, the time of day in the game depends on where the server is located- if it's night time in the server's timezone then it'll also be night in the game. So just pick a server that's situated in such a timezone where it's day

Cheers - I did actually know that, but thanks anyway! At the moment having the luxury of picking a server somewhere specific is hard - as they are all 30/30, 40/40, 50/50! Also the time I usually get to play means that servers in daylight are starting to give very high pings!! Anyway, it's an alpha and all these types of things are probably being considered by Rocket on his days off (legitimate, none-sickie days off that is)...

Have you ever seen anything like this before in the series?

Incredible what zombies cand do for a game....

Congrats, but now let's find a way to keep those people playing the game.

Have you ever seen anything like this before in the series?

Incredible what zombies cand do for a game....

Congrats, but now let's find a way to keep those people playing the game.

Only had one go at it before for 5 mins a few weeks ago!

So me and few decided to give it another go tonight!

Every single server flat out full :butbut:

But thats a good thing! :cool:

The popularity of this mod is insane. Kudos to Rocket for his mod & to BI for making a proper open-world game.

I have, however, noticed a couple of commenters on PC Gamer, Kotaku and R, P, Shotgun who wishes the price of ArmA 2: CO was a bit lower. So, I hope for BI's sake they can sneak in a sale (Steam) within the next few weeks/months. Particularly for the DLCs and ArmA 2: CO. I suppose Valve/Steam has some policies about sales, though.

A2: CO was at it's highest moment TOP 3. several days ago :) so there is still room for improvement

So long as this mod doesn't set a dangerous surrealist precedent with ARMA3 I give it my full support. ARMA3 MUST stay a milsim first and foremost. If the first official expansion pack is the translation of dayZ over it then so be it but IMHO what makes that mod so appealing in the first place is that it takes high-realism survival. With some leeway given for being bitten by a zombie of course..

A2: CO was at it's highest moment TOP 3. several days ago :) so there is still room for improvement

:D

Now imagine if one adds proper physics, aesthetically-pleasing animations, perhaps a tweaked movement system - meaning less 'clunky' feel about it, as I see people describe it, then you'd be in TOP 2... maaaybe... Just kidding, it is already Number 1 in my book forever evermore. :)

P.S. I haven't played DayZ mod.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I've played the mod and must say it is good fun and can be something different for a change, creeping around in the dark. I've always stayed away from zombie games, but using stealth and stalking bandits feels very familiar. Kudos to Rocket and those involved as I think they have a good mix of problem solving, logistics and shooting things which appeals to many.

I see it as very much win win - if a large user population purchase the game the funds will help BIS, and the influx of new players will hopefully lead to some mature and hopefully team based players moving in the community. You just need to see the comments on servers when you join, with many people asking to team up and work together. I think the trick is to harness the enthusiasm and get those people interested in the long term, since the run and gun brigade don't seem to hang about for too long. And hopefully we can get enough people to grow and not swamp the community.

Just my two pennyworth.

cj

There are lots of different gamers. From those who want immediate fast action to the milsim fans.

The great thing about ARMA is it can cater to all. (OK, anims are a bit clunky for fast paced gaming)

Mods like this will make ARMA more popular (more money for BiS) but won't affect the milsim play, so everyone can be happy.

I actually think alot of potential ARMA players have not been interested in the game, becouse the initial appeal has been so low. DayZ has managed to create that appeal. Remember, without the brilliant features of the core game, DayZ wouldn't be as popular. Alot of people have formed groups and teams in DayZ, and are using tactics to prevail. Most of these groups do pvp, and have a thrill at it. These are potential ARMA players, since these are core features of the game.

I think the community has alot to win on this. For me, it's about money for BIS, so that they can afford to spend more time developing things and stream lining it.

And to be frank, ARMA II is the best game on the marked today. It deserves the spot.

Ah, and it's back on third place again now. It would be cool to see it make it to second or first!

Time to bring this from the dead? (pun intended)

scaled.php?server=84&filename=logo04145280418877.jpg&res=landing

By the way,

Moderated By: DayZ Dev Team, DayZ Forum Team

User(s) browsing this forum: alecs1313, AstroZombie, Bamse, bebonzy09, Beeman, Biggums, Blender, Blircos, boxman80, Braden, CapFox, Caphoras, CRA Jebtonia, CyberCam, Cyth, Dallas, Dan, DanicaHamlin, deadbolt, derp, Doc D, drewmaw, Dust, eko, EverLazy, ExeTick, fayes, Felix, Fisheadthethird, FrugFrug, Gadd, GetParked, Gobbins, Gunni, Gutterboy44, Jamtots, jaxry, Khangirey, kissekatt, Larrow, lyckad, Magicbandit, Major, Mane, Marou_, Marsten, Maximax, mkrrr, Mr_Eazysteel, Nebulea, Nightmare, Nitrous, ogggrez, Otleaz, PeteOfButcherBay, pico_suarez, PlaidCactus, raphier, Reklin, Riffshooter, salty, Samoflan, SamStrife, Sawyer, seany96, SEM, Sgt_Rock, Skalpaddan, spaceBeluga, sPOONz, Stallownage, Stealth, stosvah, Taylor, TAZ6804, The Bad Guy, Tommy952, Toran Silver, Triksterism, Trivius, Viri, Walker, wei5702173, Whisky19, WIkiWeasel, WILL_, xx-_=Sniüporrz_=-yyy, zalman, zeurminator, 4 Invisible User(s), 354 Guest(s)

;)

As if people are sending all sorts of hints to BIS in respect to the original military simulator, which actually made this possible; as if telling - ''we like it, we like it, but make the original more purrrrdy and less clunkkky, otherwise our attention spans relapse into reset.''

P.S. Still haven't played DayZ - no access to a PC ATM.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

And,

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2065

For the sociopaths.

MR DELIGHTFUL (a padre) is the more sociopathic bandit in our little family and he's made a sport, an art of kneecapping people.

Basically, shoot a man through the legs progressively until he runs out of morphine, and then leave him to prone away. Follow him, and wait until he calls for help, then gun down anyone who comes to assist him. The trick is to never actually kill the guy with the broken legs.

He likes to call the game "sneaky slug."

:D :D :D

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

http://www.upload.ee/image/2344958/Welcome_to_Steam.png (193 kB)

Top seller today, congrats!

IIRC steam's top sellers list is done on a $$ value made, rather than phsysical copies sold (though this information IS old and they might no actually do that anymore). So, going by that, Arma2: CO is making more money right now on steam, than Skyrim is.