Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

that's normal we have that in arma 2 like when the leader say stop you have the handsignal too

that's normal we have that in arma 2 like when the leader say stop you have the handsignal too

i never noticed that..... then again, im a lonewolf :)

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

i added all the video to Youtube, so people can watch it on their mobile/tablets...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChernarusTV/videos

We didn't find a way how to draw such amount of bushes in the distance without killing a performance. It's especially annoying when using optics. We don't see a solution for this, unfortunatelly.

One thought I had, instead of using a grass layer, instead making the bodies of units transparent at long distances, dependent on their camouflage value (if there is such a thing?) and the underground they´re laying on. Same goes for bushes, so if a player hides under a bush or a tree, the transparancy gets turned on earlier. Inside of the distance where clutter, bushes and grass begins to be rendered, turn off transparancy completely.

That could be a good compromise.

One thought I had, instead of using a grass layer, instead making the bodies of units transparent at long distances, dependent on their camouflage value (if there is such a thing?) and the underground they´re laying on. Same goes for bushes, so if a player hides under a bush or a tree, the transparancy gets turned on earlier. Inside of the distance where clutter, bushes and grass begins to be rendered, turn off transparancy completely.

You have to keep in mind that if drawing some bushes in the distance may be bad for performance, those transparency calculations for many units in view, might even be worse. :)

I'm excited about the new lighting improvements, this is one thing I've been wanting for years....however all the preview gameplay takes place at sunset or night (or underwater) - any chance of seeing some overcast or midday footage? Will there be rain on Limnos?

may I recommend my post also: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134250-Operation-E3&p=2166501&viewfull=1#post2166501

I am waiting for sth. like this since the very first OFP game..

@neokika: Maybe it costs really more performance... Then why not make a little blurry effect, nothing special.. And it is not as costly as all those bushes, only if behind all those bushes were players sitting, but this aint the case... So there must be another reason..

When there is no player behind a bush, no transparency has to be rendered.. invalid argument..

I'm excited about the new lighting improvements, this is one thing I've been wanting for years....however all the preview gameplay takes place at sunset or night (or underwater) - any chance of seeing some overcast or midday footage? Will there be rain on Limnos?

there is rain even on Takistan, so why wouldn't it rain at Limnos?

Good morning, everyone.

mother-of-god.jpg

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381268/arma-3-demonstration

Flawless presentation.

This is Game Of The Year. The new aesthetics of everything: from the island setting, to houses, to the time of the year and foliage, revamped stance system along with animations (that includes reloading), plus underwater combat looking pretty much brilliant at this point - we will have a lot of new meat coming in with the release of ArmA III. (DayZ helps the hype as well ;))

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Gamestar will post the full walktrough soon....

Arma 3 - ‪#E3‬ 2012 Live Demo Presentation (Teaser) http://ow.ly/bq021 ‪#arma3‬ ‪#e3expo‬ @Arma3official

https://twitter.com/GameStar_de/status/210654613047750656

And another one pops up...

Edited by jerryhopper

looks already really polished and final!! Wow.. Just love how impressed the crowd was too :)

Gamestar will post the full walktrough soon....

As a result from the engagement with the heavy cal. MG, the AH6 (AH9) tail rotor had been disabled and then it fell off completely - watch closely!

mother-of-god.jpg

Good to see the closer hi res versions coming through now. Very impressive. I like the E3 example showing the new animations, as well as the lean back on ground anim. I would really like to see a slide to cover anim, esp when that can be adapted to AI slipping into cover SLX style :)

Gun swap transition looked smooth in the latest 2 vids posted, plus if im right some change of weather & time/lighting which also was pure eye candy. Knowing the whole Physx debacle and the transition to V3 for future proofing was welcomed to shut down on the physx complainers so thanks for that info, even so I was hardly unimpressed with even how it is at the moment.

I also love the fact that most seeing the demo would be impressed with that island, and then you get ... "this is the smallest the other is 60x larger" ... you have to love that casual comment. I bet most are impressed just by "the small one" compared to what else is out currently, I would be happy just to be able to play on the demo island.

I would agree with the blood spatter thats already been noted, just a simple swap of image spatter style and color change. BIS should check out what mods have done in the past with blood effects with A2.

Edited by mrcash2009

As a result from the engagement with the heavy cal. MG, the AH6 (AH9) tail rotor had been disabled and then it fell off completely - watch closely!

It was more like spontaneous combustion. :D Very nice though, I assume its wip. It would be definately badass if it could hit someone on the grounds and not just disappear after a while.

I also love the fact that most seeing the demo would be impressed with that island, and then you get ... "this is the smallest the other is 60x larger" ... you have to love that casual comment. I bet most are impressed just by "the small one" compared to what else is out currently.

yeah totally right ;) And the "little" island is of course Big big big...I think your common BF3 player gets lost while trying to run to the nearest flag :)

It was more like spontaneous combustion. :D Very nice though, I assume its wip. It would be definately badass if it could hit someone on the grounds and not just disappear after a while.

mother-of-god.jpg

Looks definitely WIP and it would mean - non-hitpoint damage system, compiled from multiple 'lego' components, that can be damaged independently from the main hull of any vehicle/aircraft.

KA-50 EJECTION SEATS with eject-able main rotors, ANYONE? :cool::cool::cool:

BTW see how Gamespot dude is gushing about ArmA3 freedom of movement? And some people here were saying we need sticky cover.

Freedom of movement is a great thing.

The reload animation for the Glock looks great. Oh and nice WIP touch with the damage model for the AH-9 :)

That's encouraging, but of course the chopper should have spun uncontrollably and crashed immediately after such an incident.

He was about to, but the speed maintained, which was around 90 km/h at that time, prevented that. You can stabilise spinning tail-less helo by gaining velocity and reducing the gyro effect.

Looks definitely WIP and it would mean - non-hitpoint damage system, compiled from multiple 'lego' components, that can be damaged independently from the main hull of any vehicle/aircraft.

You know this has been possible since A1 (possibly even OFP, but my memory fails) right? (shooting out main/tail rotor, fuel tanks, engines, avionics, etc etc)

Edited by DM

Watched Gamespot video.

Thank you Jay Crowe. Finally some answers about fatigue system and AI. Sounds good.

Also recoil management is still in - yay. Can be seen at 6:14 in GS video

Edited by metalcraze

You know this has been possible since A1 (possibly even OFP, but my memory fails) right? (shooting out main/tail rotor, fuel tanks, engines, avionics, etc etc)

You have no idea what we're discussing here. I will shoot your main rotor with 1200 5.56 rounds and the helo will explode, same goes for a tanks - a thousand rounds into the tracks or the cannon and it explodes.

Independent from the hull.

That's encouraging, but of course the chopper should have spun uncontrollably and crashed immediately after such an incident.

Nope, has very little effect while moving forward and only really effects you while trying to hover.

You have no idea what we're discussing here. I will shoot your main rotor with 1200 5.56 rounds and the helo will explode, same goes for a tanks - a thousand rounds into the tracks or the cannon and it explodes.

Independent from the hull.

By the time you had shot those rotors till it exploded the heli would have already crashed.

For you both:

The animation showcase is like "good good goodOMFG WTF IS GOING ON !? !?"

So this a a confirm that NO switching shoulder then.FPDR

Really, the only reason for not doing so is because we have to carebearing those bullpup design guns....