Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

I like the blood splatter that Eagle Wing added. It's a useful reminder that is visceral and unobtrusive at the same time. It's just the terrible MW2 style that I dislike. Fluorescent fruit punch droplets, obviously on a camera lens?

They could

1.Push the character out of balance when he gets hit -light hit (recouchet on his vest)- and add a burst of blurry vision when he takes a more bit serious hit. (still no wounds)

2.Light injury: depending on where, strongly handicap movement

3.Hit that wounds you badly: incapacitated for a long time, enough to stay out for the rest of the fight, like in real life

4.Lethal hit: dead

Hah some good ideas there, but I think we'll have to wait for ACE3 for that kind of realism.

Jesus Christ, regarding the marmalade question I'll say one thing: "If you've seen the flash, it is already too late."

So, how often you guys intend to get shot in-game? Hahaha.

P.S. I concede, I concede! Make the colour of the jello more darkish-red (deep maroon - yum) to signify a ruptured organ and/or a few veins along the way. ;)

@Dekster Imagine that bugfest, which will probably appear.... and with it, of course, the trolls.....

To be honest, a part of me died the moment i saw that jell'o being sprayed on his face. Did not like that. Not one bit.

Same here.

I cant find it now, but someone did a comparison of all the current AAA titles, and they all have almost identical "jam on my eyes" hit effects, BF3, every CoD ever, Medal of Honour, Crysis, Farcry, FEAR, etc etc etc

There are better ways of doing it than slapping jam all over the players eyes!

The blood screen has been there since OFP. This time the effect has been brought up to date. It doesn't necessarily make it more realistic, but I don't see how it makes it any less realistic.

It think that having a strong visual cue that you've been hit is a good thing.

One thing I've been thinking about is combat induced blindness. That'd be pretty cool.

But yeah, I dislike jello ever since I noticed it in other games. How often do people get sprayed in the face if they're shot in the leg/chest/groin area in a perpendicular fashion?

The blood screen has been there since OFP. This time the effect has been brought up to date.

Up to date?

It think that having a strong visual cue that you've been hit is a good thing.

Yes and it shouldn't be bloody piss covering player's eyes.

I perfectly knew when I was hit in OFP.

But yeah, I dislike jello ever since I noticed it in other games. How often do people get sprayed in the face if they're shot in the leg/chest/groin area in a perpendicular fashion?

Depends if a vein is hit or not and on the ammunition in question, assuming non-FMJ in this case, we get,

Examine it again, the marmalade follows the outline of the tactical glasses as one would expect. My only objection is that it doesn't stay long enough, i.e. you need to wipe out your glasses (automatically) over time to sustain immersion.

Same here.

I cant find it now, but someone did a comparison of all the current AAA titles, and they all have almost identical "jam on my eyes" hit effects, BF3, every CoD ever, Medal of Honour, Crysis, Farcry, FEAR, etc etc etc

There are better ways of doing it than slapping jam all over the players eyes!

Maybe you were talking about this one http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/7/5/25275.jpg?v=1

Taken from here http://www.cracked.com/article_18609_more-proof-video-game-industry-out-ideas-e3-2010.html . Personally i would like to be able to disable that in-game, feels unnecesary to me :j:.

In a game you need some "gamey" stuff to tell you are wounded. Whether this is a red screen, a health bar, bloody forearms which you have to look at, or shaky hands, doesn't matter a lot for my sense of realism.

You could also say that a red screen can simulate a lowered combat effectiveness for a wounded person by obscuring your vision.

Edited by sparks50

Well that Blood Screen is not that bad at all - it just go off like 3 sec - while in other games it goes off like 30 sec or more

Well that Blood Screen is not that bad at all - it just go off like 3 sec - while in other games it goes off like 30 sec or more

It also causes this pulsing vignette/blur. I´d rather see a sort of permanent effect, like the screen whiteout of VBS2 (pupils dilating from shock), vignetting and obviously audio cues (rapid heartbeat, laboured breathing, groaning or even outright screaming from pain).

PCGamer tweeted "Today at E3: Neverwinter, Arma 3 hands-on + A3/Day Z interview."

Does anybody know if this will be a live stream somewhere, or will we have to wait for tomorrow to read it on their website?

Present an alternative to the marmalade in question, otherwise I will keep on defending the position of the Righteous and Holy as a One Man Action Army,

dMg5mJUr8dU

in41RSxgPyPoy.png

While many here are complaining about the blood screen, did anyone notice that every time the character grunts after he's wounded, the edges of the screen go blurry? I don't remember that happening in ArmA2. If it does happen, then I must not recognize it.

FYI, I updated the first post with the E3 and preview videos. I'll try and update as more things become available.

No offence guys, but isn't there far better things to discuss than the blood spatter on the screen? I mean it has a miniscule impact on actual gameplay and it seems like alot of you just hate on it because its like COD...

I thought the sound effects were pretty good, although I still don't think they're quite on par with JSRS. I wonder if any armour effects have been implemented yet. I assume all of the soldiers are wearing it, but they all go down pretty quick...

From what little we have seen, I really like the inventory.

While many here are complaining about the blood screen, did anyone notice that every time the character grunts after he's wounded, the edges of the screen go blurry? I don't remember that happening in ArmA2. If it does happen, then I must not recognize it.

It has been a long time since I've played vanilla... but ACE does have a similar effect and it signifies: you're hit, you're on your last breath of consciousness, you're FUCKED, unless you get a shot of morphine, so cue the new medical/wound system, which they probably haven't revealed just yet. I HOPE! ;)

He's what is being discussed (ArmA III),

I really hope this is not a gimmick and you will need meds to get out of this state, otherwise suffer blood loss/heart failure, loss of consciousness. :)

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

No offence guys, but isn't there far better things to discuss than the blood spatter on the screen? I mean it has a miniscule impact on actual gameplay and it seems like alot of you just hate on it because its like COD...

No, if it sparked a discussion it's worth a discussion. Also, people don't hate it because it's in Call of Duty. People hate it because it's a rubbish and bad looking effect that suddenly made a huge influx in games after CoD started using it heavily.

I like the blood splatter that Eagle Wing added. It's a useful reminder that is visceral and unobtrusive at the same time. It's just the terrible MW2 style that I dislike. Fluorescent fruit punch droplets, obviously on a camera lens?

Agreed. There are other options to give this type of feedback, but if BIS is going with blood in the screen, EW's is fine. EDIT: Watching it again, hell, it was on for 3 seconds or less. This isn´t the end of the series nor that big deal.

More worried about wound textures and bullet impact textures, both in materials and in the body.