Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Chernarus 2.0 huh? Reminds me of when Mapfact got their hands on Nogova. :)

Loved that bit :

The simplest thing I might do for graphics settings in Arma 3 is rename “very high†to “stupid.†And then just bump everything down. So then somebody says, “Why would I put it on stupid? Just put it on high.â€

I don't know how it works with you guys, but once you turn off postproces, you can do everything on high/very high with an acceptable framerate.

(with a Nvidia GT 230M, I think that's even a lesser than recommended card)

Well, ArmA's settings menu is like Back To The Future II, except Marty bought a video game in 2015.

Chernarus 2.0 huh? Reminds me of when Mapfact got their hands on Nogova. :)

That was a good map. A proper airport, greater towns, industry.. quite a lot. It's a pity it hasn't been done with Chernarus as well, not to the same extent at least. So due to that, it's good that a "Chernarus 2.0" is in the plans. :)

To me when I think about what's missing in Chernarus it must be an abandon ski jumping facility or ski resort from the Soviet era. I don't know, I kinda have the feeling it was that sort of place at one time.

It's going to be interesting how this will evolve itself. Both ArmA 3 and ArmA 2 for that matter.

Maruk could you please keep us all informed about plans for the new Chernarus map, the ArmA community and the DayZ community have a mutual love for Chernarus.

ACR dlc maybe? After all, we have seen some modifications to the current Chernarus in the screenshots.

ACR dlc maybe? After all, we have seen some modifications to the current Chernarus in the screenshots.

I thought the ACR DLC was going to include whole new maps... no?

As far as I know the map in the ACR DLC is brand new, just very Cherno-esce.

From the ArmA II website. ArmA II: ACR

Verdant Environments

Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina

Are there any details about the new maps? I've learned from Mcnools Aliabad that a map can really make or break a game, and I really hope that the ACR maps aren't just another map, but rather something that will be an improvement from what we've had so far - not that Cherno taki etc. aren't great just a new map can breath new life into the game.

Oops - Sorry for the offtopic, just realized this isn't exactly the appropriate thread to start such discussion.

This was a great interview. Very good read. Very nice that Andrew pointed the BI Staff to the ACRE Mod. Something like this included into ArmA3 (maybe as "advanced radio system" placeable by a module in the editor) would be absolutely breathtaking.

BIS should hire Noubernou and Jaynus for that :-)

On the Chernarus 2.0 matter:

I'm all for it. Chernarus 2.0, larger, different vegetation (Summer Setting) and a seaworld to explore all in the new Engine. Would be amazing!

As expansion or DLC, or whatever.

On the Chernarus 2.0 matter:

I'm all for it. Chernarus 2.0, larger, different vegetation (Summer Setting) and a seaworld to explore all in the new Engine. Would be amazing!

As expansion or DLC, or whatever.

And enterable buildings.

Are there any details about the new maps? I've learned from Mcnools Aliabad that a map can really make or break a game, and I really hope that the ACR maps aren't just another map, but rather something that will be an improvement from what we've had so far - not that Cherno taki etc. aren't great just a new map can breath new life into the game.

Oops - Sorry for the offtopic, just realized this isn't exactly the appropriate thread to start such discussion.

I just hope they are not tiny like Shapur and Proving Grounds.

E3 Showcase video's are being uploaded!!!

Edited by jerryhopper

My God those night scenes are fucking incredible, almost too good to be true how perfect it looks!

It's good to know they are keeping dark nights. Would've been great to see a large night firefight though.

I like it! It's just enough light for you to see the tree and rocks in front of you, but not enough to see any of units a bit further away. Unless of course this is light coming from a light source other then the night sky. But I doubt that, as the light intensity was constant regardless of where he went.

I would like to see the sea a bit murkier/foggy. It's a little bit too transparent. But I can understand it might be a artistic decision so that combat under water is easier and, of course, the visual aspect.

Edited by colossus
typo

I would like to see the ocean a bit murkier/foggy. It's a little bit too transparent. But I can understand it might be a artistic decision so that combat under water is easier and, of course, the visual aspect.

It'll be a case of tweaking and playing with where the occlusion begins - perhaps making it extend a little further, but starting a little closer to the player - alongside other things like the PP colour effects.

Gameplay will also need to be factored into this, hopefully resulting in some nice compromise between practical use and visual authenticity!

Best,

RiE

One thing I'm sure: night combat will never be the same.

@RiE the flashlight seems to be underpowered, will the illuminated distance be increased?

@RiE the flashlight seems to be underpowered, will the illuminated distance be increased?

I agree, I'd like it to light up more of the terrain, and be brighter.

I´m looking forward to those cluster bombs...