Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

well deserved!!

Just one thing BIS has to take care of: the first few SIngle player missions should be smooth and without too many Errors and stuff so newcomers wont get taken away! then I dont see why this game cant be 2012 or 2013 best game of the year!!!

this vid is new to me, featuring new pistol animation (and reloading) :)

E3 is officially over! Well done to the BIS team and we can all look forward to Gamescom in 2 months!

210045.jpg

210068e.jpg

210076.jpg

Those were pretty good. Seemed like Jay Crowe was talking kinda fast though. Noticed a very subtle slide to crouch in that first part.

He also said Dayz has inspired the CEO to look further into the code to see if "auto mod updating" can be done.

Edited by James2464

@Antoine

Yeah noticed that too nice touch.

@Sinnister not the CEO Maruk but his brother Ondrej Spanel (who is Suma on the forums and he is Lead Programmer)

Spanel Bros.

@Antoine

Yeah noticed that too nice touch.

@Sinnister not the CEO Maruk but his brother Ondrej Spanel (who is Suma on the forums and he is Lead Programmer)

Spanel Bros.

Ohhh awesome!

Hopefully Suma can expand on this for us.

Looks definitely WIP and it would mean - non-hitpoint damage system, compiled from multiple 'lego' components, that can be damaged independently from the main hull of any vehicle/aircraft.

KA-50 EJECTION SEATS with eject-able main rotors, ANYONE? :cool::cool::cool:

Uhm... this 'rotor falling off' stuff already works EXACTLY as depicted in Take On, which does not have physx that I'm aware of.

Arma 3 is looking good to me! Thanks to BI and all the press/community people involved. I'm especially impressed by the realistic look and colours of the lighting/HDR system. In terms of colours etc it looks about as close to reality as any game graphics I've seen. The new animations and stances look neat, hopefully the AI will be taught to use them effectively.

The white UI/HUD looks difficult to use over light scenes such as the sky and clouds - the HUD text backdrop shading used in OFP was far more functional even if it looked a bit crude! I'm also not a fan of the blood on the screen effect as used in the PMC campaign. Also, no headbob or floating aimpoint/deadzone!?

Looking forward to the alpha release :)

Edited by ceeeb

Someone likes it, someone not. Remember, we are still polishing it. Of course, the final decision will be considering community alpha impressions.

I'd prefer the flashes.

Right now it looks like someone flinging jam on the screen.

Arma 3 is looking good to me! Thanks to BI and all the press/community people involved. I'm especially impressed by the realistic look and colours of the lighting/HDR system. In terms of colours etc it looks about as close to reality as any game graphics I've seen. The new animations and stances look neat, hopefully the AI will be taught to use them effectively.

The white UI/HUD looks difficult to use over light scenes such as the sky and clouds - the HUD text backdrop shading used in OFP was far more functional even if it looked a bit crude! I'm also not a fan of the blood on the screen effect as used in the PMC campaign. Also, no headbob or floating aimpoint/deadzone!?

Looking forward to the alpha release :)

In that case for the UI, I'm just hoping that the colors are adjustament and I'm sure you can turn on/off the headbob and floating aimpoint/deadzone. Its in game option in ARMA 2 when I play, I just disable mine though.

Can someone please upload the Gametrailers Arma3 videos to Youtube, they are the best videos so far for demonstrating all the new infantry animations.

Not sure if it has been discussed yet (soo many posts in the forum these days, hard to catch up), but in the gametrailers video part 1 at cca 0:54 you can see a transition between sprint and stop.

Not sure if it has been discussed yet (soo many posts in the forum these days, hard to catch up), but in the gametrailers video part 1 at cca 0:54 you can see a transition between sprint and stop.

Good observation. It's beautiful.

Can someone please upload the Gametrailers Arma3 videos to Youtube, they are the best videos so far for demonstrating all the new infantry animations.

If you create an account on Gametrailers you can download the video in MP4. [Link under the video]

@InstaGoat- the MX 6.5 mm is NOT caseless ammo ,because the gun itself have the ejection port

about LSAT ammo - that is caseless ,but it still ejects those plastic cases + the belt , so it is not true caseless ammo like the Hk G11 had

and Arma 3 using ONLY Lsat ammo on custom KAC LMG

Edited by RobertHammer

@InstaGoat- the MX 6.5 mm is NOT caseless ammo ,because the gun itself have the ejection port

about LSAT ammo - that is caseless ,but it still ejects those plastic cases + the belt , so it is not true caseless ammo like the Hk G11 had

and Arma 3 using ONLY Lsat ammo on custom KAC LMG

How do you clear a caseless weapon that doesn´t have an ejection port? What about double-feeds, bad rounds, failiures to feed, etc?

My argument for the ejection port would be that it´s there to clear malfunctions, not to eject spent cases.

And from what has been said so far, I thought the ammo would be true caseless or at least mostly caseless. Maybe a dev could clear up what the exact ammo used in the MX/LSAT in the game is supposed to be?

Edit: the video mentions the LSAT ammo to be "true caseless - no case to eject" at 0:37. The MG in the demos also ejected spent cases, but no links. Apparently, if anything, it should only eject links/belt upon firing.

It really is nitpicking and rivetcounting, but there really is nothing big to complain about for me. The game seems so good, technology wise, that only these small details really stand out to me.

You are right there can be a failure or jam ,but original caseless idea was done on Hk G11 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G11 - you can read about Ejection

Because the G11 uses caseless ammunition there are no extraction and ejection steps. Even though the rotary chamber doesn't, in the true sense of the word, lock up, the fact that it has to rotate in and out of alignment with the barrel, the G11 can be considered to have a lock/unlock phase. If a round fails to fire or the weapon is being used with training rounds, the rifle can be manually unloaded by twisting the cocking handle counterclockwise. This pushes the failed/training round out an emergency ejection port on the bottom of the rifle and loads the next round.

and one more thing where you heard the MX uses caseless ammo?

is there a thread or Online FOlder with only Screenshots of ArmA III, without much Discussion to browse through?