Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Hey, I have an idea !

The comunity Alpha don't seem released after E3, but you can distribute the E3 demo at some people from the community. Why not ?

Maybe because the other people from the community not getting this demo would certainly feel very pissed off?

Maybe because the other people from the community not getting this demo would certainly feel very pissed off?

It would be good to have a pre-Alpha for modders and testers with a faxed & signed NDA (no-competition clause, of course) and private bug tracker. That way, the 'community alpha' can be oriented around forum members and interested parties with an 'open beta' for the public, to ensure this really is the 'most polished' release.

Perhaps the pre-Alpha only for those that can 'talk shop' and are familiar with ticketing systems. This avoids the most common issues - feature requests vs bug tickets, failure to check known issues, incorrect preconceptions etc.

Indeed. Take your time Maruk. We want an alpha that you are proud of, and one in which we can give you meaningful feedback.

Hammer, nail....

That is just the ToH model in action, you can probably clip the rotors off it like in ToH as well.

Hate to crush your dreams.

My dream of realistic AT projectile ballistics and/or armour simulation come ArmA III w/ PhysX is still intact. How many tanks with ERA armour have you killed in ToH? :icon_twisted:

Some of the so called Arma fanatics on these forums need to fork out on ToH if you want to try a really really alpha version of A3, maybe stop some of the speculation as well.

I'll hold you to this quote later on. ;)

I hope they remove it nobody seems to like it.

I like it. There is no realistic solution to this, so why not this one (and leave the flashing/obscuring screen for representing "pain")?

If you will for all, I am not against !

That is just the ToH model in action, you can probably clip the rotors off it like in ToH as well.

Hate to crush your dreams.

Some of the so called Arma fanatics on these forums need to fork out on ToH if you want to try a really really alpha version of A3, maybe stop some of the speculation as well.

It's not ToH model (yet). Mr. Buchta said it's still old flight model.

My dream of realistic AT projectile ballistics and/or armour simulation come ArmA III w/ PhysX is still intact. How many tanks with ERA armour have you killed in ToH? :icon_twisted:

I'll hold you to this quote later on. ;)

LOL, you can hold me on it, my suggestion in the one thing you are looking forward to the most thread was in fact to the end of random speculation. ;)

@Batto: I meant the physical helicopter model and not the flight model, just to clear that up.

I like 'the jam. It is a visual representation of shock at being hit! I doubt there are many armchair warriors here that know what it is like to be shot. So with that proviso, BIs can use as much free reign as they wish. Crying about it won't help.

Indeed. Take your time Maruk. We want an alpha that you are proud of, and one in which we can give you meaningful feedback.

Seconded.

If flashing red light isn't a visual representation enough for you, then you seriously you should stay away from roads, as passing fire truck generally would not spray strawberry jam on people face.

Allright, Another request :

GameTrailers â€@GameTrailers

E3 continues! Tweet at us & @danielkayser w/the booths & games you wanna see & follow GT on Twitter, FB, YouTube & Instagram for the goods!

I'm agree, take your time! But the E3 look like so awesome. The wait will be hard to play and feedback the Alpha !

Hammer, nail....

No have a nail and one another nail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8AJmmJ384

It's too much of a generic idea and it doesn't make sense, like when you get dirt on your screen from something in a game, it doesn't make sense because even if you did get dirt on your face, your eyes would be closed thus the dirt on your eyelids, leaving you to see NONE of it.

If you get dirt on your face you can feel it. If you get hit you can feel it as well. In computer game you have only screen and sound. These new screen effects are messages about all these things which you can't feel in game otherwise.

it doesn't make sense because even if you did get dirt on your face, your eyes would be closed thus the dirt on your eyelids, leaving you to see NONE of it.

I think anyone who has ever hit a slug or piece of dog shit with a Brushcutter would argue with you there :).

I see the Blood splatter point but Dirt kicked up would be simulated ideally like this because you just wouldn't shut your eyes in time .

I also see that for an FPS the only way to portray you have been seriously injured is a visual effect and this one seems to be a consistent way to go IMO.

i would actually on use it if the guy next to you gets shot as its at this point the spray is more likely to end up in your eyes :).

Edited by Thromp

If you get dirt on your face you can feel it. If you get hit you can feel it as well. In computer game you have only screen and sound. These new screen effects are messages about all these things which you can't feel in game otherwise.

Correct! And if you're wearing any kind of eye-protection the use of such effects are justified tenfold.

Correct! And if you're wearing any kind of eye-protection the use of such effects are justified tenfold.

Never thought of that actually... Good point.

But still, you do not need strawberry jam to fulfill the job that flashing red screen is already more then capable of, unless you want to over exaggerating the effect to a point of non-sense like every other shooter out there.

For me, and I think for a lot of complaining people, it is not about feedback itself but about presentation of it. The way its, now its just reminds about all generic shooters, pain and desperation in the world. Ill be glad to see more "hardcore" or may be simplistic way to represent of getting hit.

blood on screen is overused effect. personally, it piss me off.

why not to use clean smooth red flashes or white flashes?..

anyone will get that he got hit if there will be some red/white flash ( as you already did ) but without this god dam blood. overusing effects isn't good idea. take a look at bf3.

also some sound like... idk noise.. like noise monotone ring bell, you know sound when you loose cauncetenss i guess ace got it proper aswell

Edited by n7snk

You can for sure feel it in a game otherwise.

- Blackout for a second

- impact sound

- Blur effects

- loosing balance for a second

- moaning sound

- white, red and black flashes

Also anyway, in fight, when pumped with adrenaline if u get injured u might not even feel it so drasticly the first seconds. Adrenaline and Shock does its thing.

There are LOTs of better ways then just some lousy blood on your screen.

Comon BIS u are better then BF3, CoD, Moh and all this cr*p. - The Blood on the screen is, in my and lots of other oppinions, the worst u can have.

In case someone didn't get the reference a few pages back:

I kind of see why they did it but I prefer the old system.