Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

I really hope this is a joke (unless by DLC you mean Expansion like OA)

Crab_Armor.jpg

I used to clap down my NVG like You, but then I took an arrow into the knee :icon_twisted:

DLC may be just a patch guys.

wtf pettka? BIS and their mind games....

In the 16 minute presentation they mention AI in ArmA 2 calculating far too many objects in their vicinity, when deciding to take cover while under fire, and in ArmA III they have fixed that, so you can expect AI to swiftly hide behind the nearest bush without wandering around like headless chickens.

God how I want to believe this but I haven't seen any of the AI react this way so far in any of the demos. Mostly the standard lay down/return fire.

No mention of indoors, though

Cruel. Why show us that graphic of some sort of indoor waypoint system (relating to the E3 floorplan) then offer no information on it?

Other than that game looks phenominal and Im really digging the new animations/RTT/Lighting etc...

@Pettka graphic: lol -was just thinking that the game needs more crabs while watching the submersible footage.

I used to clap down my NVG like You, but then I took an arrow into the knee :icon_twisted:

pettka, confess your sins, what are you guys hiding in relation to armour simulation/physics - is this why there's the delay in the Alpha? :icon_twisted:

Cruel. Why show us that graphic of some sort of indoor waypoint system (relating to the E3 floorplan) then offer no information on it?

Ever think it was just to point out where the booth was?

Carrier Command had an identical graphic, just themed for CC: Carrier Command graphic

Pretty big assumption to think that everything must mean something...

My current hopes are that with the inclusion of PhysX we are set up for a Take on Tanks either DLC / Expansion some time in the future with soft body physics and full penetration / ricochet system.

I can not see any thing other than less bouncy physics and less breaking bones being in A3 at release though.

In the 16 minute presentation they mention AI in ArmA 2 calculating far too many objects in their vicinity, when deciding to take cover while under fire, and in ArmA III they have fixed that, so you can expect AI to swiftly hide behind the nearest bush without wandering around like headless chickens.

Presumably (hopefully) the AI will be improved in areas like this, but at the time Jay said that, he was talking about improvements already made in OA.

6 days of E3 and every video starts with "we only have a small amount of time".

God how I want to believe this but I haven't seen any of the AI react this way so far in any of the demos. Mostly the standard lay down/return fire..

Because YES the game is 100% complete- the e3 demo is in fact the full game and they are infact just holding the release until the market is ready for it. Seriously? BIS = sly devils who look for any opportunity to deceive and mislead.. really now... :banghead:

Because YES the game is 100% complete- the e3 demo is in fact the full game and they are infact just holding the release until the market is ready for it. Seriously? BIS = sly devils who look for any opportunity to deceive and mislead.. really now... :banghead:

Calm down son. If you read my whole post I am very impressed with the game as a whole and it's a surefire buy for me on Day 1. That said, I am still a bit worried that the AI will be basically a ported over version of the latest Arma 2's build - which has made some nice progress but doesn't seem to be able to take it to the next level ie. interior navigating fighting or solid cover usage.

That bloody jelly screen really starting to get into my nerve, out of all possible things that can be done, they done the most non-sense of all.

Is it really non sense? I don´t know. I guess it serves its purpose, to show the player that he has been hit. But please guys, don´t just say that is looks bad, provide better solutions.

Flashing red screen is already more then enough, like how it have been since OFP days:rolleyes:

(Talking about drawing a snake and add legs on it)

.. Next Target to monitor : PCGAMER

they havent released their ArmA3 video yet....

Most detailed screengrab to date of the New Inventory/description of infantry fatigue system here,

A more intense underwater engagement than the previous ones - I've got freaking hard-on going on here,

mother-of-god.jpg

Frogmen lead the way! ;)

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Hey, I have an idea !

The comunity Alpha don't seem released after E3, but you can distribute the E3 demo at some people from the community. Why not ?

Because it's not even finished yet.

I speak about E3 Demo released for few people. Not the game :(

Lol have some patience people , calm down and play ARMA 2 :D

Tread lightly, for you're treading on my dreams, DM. ;) You want this game to remain in Y2K by the looks of it, perhaps you're so familiar with the engine and in love with it to the point of having to adapt to new environment could spell death and disaster?

I'll reserve judgment for now, but that tail rotor did fall off! :D

That is just the ToH model in action, you can probably clip the rotors off it like in ToH as well.

Hate to crush your dreams.

Some of the so called Arma fanatics on these forums need to fork out on ToH if you want to try a really really alpha version of A3, maybe stop some of the speculation as well.

I hope they remove it nobody seems to like it.

It's too much of a generic idea and it doesn't make sense, like when you get dirt on your screen from something in a game, it doesn't make sense because even if you did get dirt on your face, your eyes would be closed thus the dirt on your eyelids, leaving you to see NONE of it.

That and it's associated with another game which we're all very familiar with I'm sure.

That is just the ToH model in action, you can probably clip the rotors off it like in ToH as well.

Hate to crush your dreams.

Some of the so called Arma fanatics on these forums need to fork out on ToH if you want to try a really really alpha version of A3, maybe stop some of the speculation as well.

Did anyone else get their main rotors sheared off in the tutorial mission where you land between a few buildings? (when the AI takes control and ascended he got a bit too close to the building)

Edited by NodUnit