Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Jay Crowe is a total HERO ! Thanks for the commentary mate! Nice playing Ivan !

It's a shame that the community alpha is pushed back a little but completely understandable.

Here's an idea .... there is, and always has been, a lack of decent sub sims .... we need Take On Subs !

Smookie i have a question have you make the sniper seating animation ?

The left hand raising/lowering NVG device is planned as first DLC for ArmA3.

Some questions i cannot answer until the right time has come :)

It happens in A2 and A1 as well. When you quickly turn and look at another solider and sometimes the textures are low poly, that's the HDD speed there. SSD's make it much more smoother.

Great job with ArmA 3 BI, looking forward to testing the community alpha later on. :clap:

Or can we make a Ramdrive? ;) for 8 GB additional RAM is cheaper than a ssd, and faster...

yes and great work. really well done! Maybe ArmA III will be the breakthrough for BIS. All those players tired by the too much casual Games they once loved, now maybe recognize ArmA!

Oh god but SSD's cost so much

What do you mean by LOD transitions?

It is not a requirement if you don't own one (I don't either) your not Shit out of luck.

youtube search Arma 2 LOD.

-------------

@Smookie are their going to be improved animations for applying field dressings or doing any other Medic business?

Good work on animations.

Don't forget Animate ALL THE THINGS!

Great video.

oh hai wheres mah float zone bis why gonna boycott trigga

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Fantastic video! Jay Crowe is doing an awesome job mentioning everything the fans want to know and also good informations for new players. The demonstration was very well received by the gamespot guy:

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381274/arma-iii-this-means-war?hd=1

Also i love the passion the BI guys have for their new game, iam so optimistic about this being the best game ever :yay:

I actually have 4 (small) questions:

1.Will there be underground structures?

2.How will small bushes be drawn in distance?

3.Why do the Iranians have Israeli gear?

4.Will there be small ditches next to the road? (like real life Lemnos)

Short answer - part of the plot. It's 2035, remember.

I can only think of 2 options:

1.They became friends (doubtfull)

2.Iran invaded Israel and equiped it's army with captured gear.

1.Will there be underground structures?

In queue, not started at all yet.

2.How will small bushes be drawn in distance?

Not sure if I understand. Do you mean clutter or the objects?

4.Will there be small ditches next to the road? (like real life Lemnos)

Not physical. Not sure about visual (tessellation), we are just testing this technology, there are more important issues so far.

Underground structures are at least planned. Sweet! :D

So deferred shading and Underground structures are something to look forward to in the future.

Nice....

Is this mean to be a joke or being serious?

Here you can see some small and larger bush, will the small ones will be visible from a distance?

We didn't find a way how to draw such amount of bushes in the distance without killing a performance. It's especially annoying when using optics. We don't see a solution for this, unfortunatelly.

We didn't find a way how to draw such amount of bushes in the distance without killing a performance. It's especially annoying when using optics. We don't see a solution for this, unfortunatelly.

instead of drawing bushes.. the effect of bushes is that it hides stuff. AN object is not seen but the bush or map - texture is seen.

Instead of rendering bushes at far distance why not just use the position of a bush: When a player crouches near a bush, the sniper cant see the bush itself (but the effect it has) the players body parts covered by the bush are maybe a little bit more transparent to blend in better with the map and so are hidden.

The function of the bush remains (you can hide) but the vga has not to draw the bushes itself. This idea spooks in my head since the very first Operation Flashpoint. I dont see why this aint possible though?!

Instead of making a soldiers body parts transparent there could also be used some kind of blurry effect on all body parts that are some way hidden or inrterfering with bushes or grass or sth.

Edited by tremanarch

One day... :)

I was sceptical at first about arma3, but I'm feeling more positive with each sreenshot and video released. (still doubt the crosshairs and bloodspatter though)

2013 is still far off and you'll have plenty of time to finish/optimise it. :)

How about some "dummy invisible player" at the spot where line of sight cross the ground, while using optics? It will force lod appear like you are at that spot but with comparably limited radius, or oval shaped area depends on perspective.

What the HELL happens @ 03:33 ?

the guy is running by and does some hand signalling while running?