Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

FWIW, that white bar under the weapon name and above the ammo is likely the fire mode selection (semi-auto/burst/auto). One white bar being semi, three being burst, five being auto.

Of course! I was like WTF is that? Why did it change during his run? This must mean we will finally have an independent fire mode selector! :D

Edited by Trauma.au

Anyone have the specs of that demo machine?!?

The one that made the last official videos: i7-2600, GTX 560, 8GB, SSD

The one that Ivan used to make the interview with the czech magazine was older\worst than that.

The one they are using at E3: Talon Core i7 960, GTX580, 12GB, Win 7 64, SSD

______

Now I wanna see some pistol action: firing, walking, running, switching weapons, climbing ladders....

The one that made the last official videos: i7-2600, GTX 560, 8GB, SSD

The one that Ivan used to make the interview with the czech magazine was older\worst than that.

The one they are using at E3: Talon Core i7 960, GTX580, 12GB, Win 7 64, SSD

______

Now I wanna see some pistol action: firing, walking, running, switching weapons, climbing ladders....

Wait... the one at E3 which got like 28 fps was using a GTX 580? Or was that the Czech interview one

Wait... the one at E3 which got like 28 fps was using a GTX 580? Or was that the Czech interview one

The fraps PC was Ivan's.

I wonder what settings the GTX 580 was running at...

But that's a good sign, doesn't look like it's too too demanding

I wonder what settings the GTX 580 was running at...

But that's a good sign, doesn't look like it's too too demanding

They need to put more than 5 soldiers in a battle before we can judge it's performance.

Arma2 runs like a fricken dream with hardly any AI but drops to unplayable for me with a slightly less than boring battle going on.

Hope this isn't going to be more of the same.

In the IGN Infantry Video at around 1:00 (when he moves the crosshair from the far landscape to targets or the ground) there is visible crosshair auto-distance adjusting, which means shooting from the 3rd person should be bloody precise now! In previous games, starting with OFP:CWC, i could never shoot from 3rd person simply because I was never sure where the shot would actually land... this seems like an awesome improvement!

VIDS! there are actually 3 IGN videos, both on youtube and IGN, in great HD but no sound

it looks like the quality settings is higher than Ivan's pc, also it looks quite nice, much better.

infantry

- there are still heavy parallax artefacts (terrain "waves" of height detail)

- 3rd view shows where you will fire, when you aim too close or the firing line is obstructed

- the first kill was very funny

related videos:

diving

-underwater 3d movement looks nice

-movement of fingers on the steering wheel - insane, if all animations will look like this...

helicopter video

- no artefacts in clouds ? why is this not present here but was present before?

Edited by frostwyrm333

No audio but

FAP FAP FAP

Laying on back and shooting, PIP to show close up of target being shot.

Insanely awesome animations hips twisting when in full sprint

Reload animation looked awesome no more floating magazines and he actually pressed the release.

Jeez I haven't even watched the whole thing yet since my interwebs cant stream 720p without constant buffering but man im impressed again :D

*still watching this video buffers parts I have already streamed ugh*

Look at the last page???.......

Oops sorry... Dunno how I missed it.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381268/arma-3-demonstration

It's like answering all of my questions.

Sorry, cant make proper links yet.

Done it for you until you get the ability. :)

It's a really great presentation. I'm really curious about the new aiming mechanics, it looks way snappier but I also see some possibilities potential exploits/problems. Can't wait to try them out in the Alpha.

I am running the game with i5 2500k, GTX580 SOC and 16GB Ram and its running smoothly with stable 35+ fps (high to very high quality with AA and more;)) with little to medium headcount which at this point of game development is satisfactory i think.

I am running the game with i5 2500k, GTX580 SOC and 16GB Ram and its running smoothly with stable 35+ fps (high to very high quality with AA and more;)) with little to medium headcount which at this point of game development is satisfactory i think.

Ahhhhh I love you

So with a bit of tweaking I think I can get my setup of an i5 2500k, Crossfired 5870 and 16GB RAM to run everything on very high :-D

Are you using an SSD by any chance? Do you know if it makes a big difference? What is your visibility?

From that Gamespot interview. ArmA 3 scheduled now for 2013. Alpha around August. Limnos 60x bigger than Stratis.

Woah that's got to be the best video so far.

I got to hand it to Jay, you worded everything so well, you mentioned that in Arma you're controlling a full body and are not just a floating camera like in COD/BF you mentioned community preview in a way that will ease the media and people who don't follow the game religiously like myself, ensuring that the game will be tested not only by BI but the community and that the demo is hands on.

Got a clear look at the new Gear interface (though wish Ivan wouldn't exit it so fast and more in depth explanation of why it was changed.

Game looked awesome, didn't notice that much LOD flickering/very noticeable LOD transitions did look smooth on this system. (i7 960, GTX580, 8GB RAM, win 7 64bit, SSD If I recall correctly)

Awesome presentation Jay and Ivan.

Now I want to see TotalBiscuits video :)

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Ahhhhh I love you

So with a bit of tweaking I think I can get my setup of an i5 2500k, Crossfired 5870 and 16GB RAM to run everything on very high :-D

Are you using an SSD by any chance? Do you know if it makes a big difference? What is your visibility?

BI Dev Damu said not noticeable in gameplay but it definitely is better because of load times, and LOD transitions are smoother because of the fast reading times SSD offer.

Go with SSD for Arma 3.

BIS confirm new physics engine being built from ground up and still some people doubt me... What a coincidence.

@Smookie, I'm paying you an extra 50$ for a left hand raising/lowering NVGs!!!!

Each time NVGs will be raised/lowered, you'll see your bank account balance goin' up up up!!! :)

Dude, seriously a-m-a-z-i-n-g work on those anims.

Gamespot presentation was incredible, thanks Jay for elaborating so much, and Ivan, you goof, go practice some shooting :uzi:

Guys, totally amazing job so far.